Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help Support an Indie Console DotA!

Creator: Darknuke August 3, 2011 9:23am
Darknuke
<Member>
Darknuke's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 9:23am | Report
Hey,

I thought I'd let everyone know there's a big XBLIG marketing campaign going on right now, Indie Games Summer Uprising, and they are currently looking for people to vote for games. It's a really great thing they are doing since XBLIG is so unknown to the mass market. They've chosen the top 8 of 10, but are doing a popularity vote for the remaining 2.

I won't say don't vote for anyone else and vote for us, but we would sure appreciate if you did. Our game is a DotA/LoL type game, called Progenitor: Prologue and is the first of its kind on consoles. The website to the event is http://indiegames-uprising.com/ and the voting page is http://www.facebook.com/XBLIG.IGSU?s...90322544333196.

And just to plug our own game, our youtube video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5HKaS8wqW4.

Like I said before, we are making a DotA/LoL style game, called Progenitor: Prologue. The first of its kind on consoles! It even has split screen coop on and offline as well as vehicles. The first chapter will be released on XBLIG for $3 with the remaining 4 coming out over time, which will feature entirely new maps and objectives (unless we get an XBLA contract, then they will all get grouped together).

Please support the indie community and vote for your favorite game! *cough Progenitor: Prologue cough*
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 10:08am | Report
a few things:

first and foremost, move this to off topic.

secondly, mobas started as a mod for rts games, and i'm a little iffy on how the controls will work, as rts games are really hard to adapt to a controller.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Darknuke
<Member>
Darknuke's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2011 10:22am | Report
The controls are actually very intuitive once you go through our set of in game tutorials. We've designed the game with console controls in mind so there are quite a few things we can do better than a mouse/keyboard (like precision player movement without mass right clicking), but also things we can't do quite as well (like ground targeted AoEs). The things we can't do well, we just don't allow at all, to make the experience that much more frustration-free in the controls department.

Essentially Left Stick is for moving, Right stick is camera/cursor, Right Trigger will auto-path you to your selected location as well as auto-attack if you did that over an enemy, and Right Bumper will auto-lock on to the nearest enemy. 3 Face buttons (X,Y,B) control your skills while A is for selecting things in menus/entering vehicles (and you always have one passive ability).

There are a few other small controls I left out, but that's the gist of the important ones. Pretty easy =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide