Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Android app

Creator: killersquirel11 November 1, 2011 3:38pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
killersquirel11
<Member>
killersquirel11's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 3:38pm | Report
Hey all

I've put in a fair amount of hours into this, and thought I'd share. I'm in the process of writing an android app to view build guides. Before any of you ask about iOS apps, that'll take a while, I just joined a focus group here on campus to learn that.

Here's a screenshot of what I've done so far. Each of the rows scroll sideways independently

What's been done so far:
1) Parse the build (any LoL build on this website)
2) Figure out how to get horizontalscrollviews working in android

What still remains:
1) Fetch and cache images (vs right now it uses images that I've downloaded. Caching would allow no updating to be required for new heroes, as well as make the app a lot smaller)
2) Work on rest of hierarchy to enable searching, favoriting, etc
3) Fix text to make it more readable
4) Add click events for all items on screen to get descriptions
5) Add a bottom bar to get to the guide section

Also, since this is basically a glorified web browser, whenever I do release it on the market it will be free, with no ads (I'm mainly doing this for myself, and to learn mobile programming. I'm also a slacker, so I don't feel like figuring out how to give myself preferred treatment)

Let me know what y'all think

-Squirrel
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 3:41pm | Report
What a nice fellow :o
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 5:01pm | Report
Sry but why would u need this?

My phone can display the guides and stuff and it's a Nokia N95 8GB, its pretty old.

Does Android and IOS not show it right?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 7:57pm | Report
Formatting can get wacky, and you sometimes get the black ad bar....
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
killersquirel11
<Member>
killersquirel11's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 8:25pm | Report
Well the scrolling is incredibly laggy on my phone (LG Axis 740). That and what Zep said.
Older phones break html so much that they can display certain sites better than newer phones, which attempt to parse the javascript and whatnot, and also try to adapt it to smaller screens, which is pretty much doomed to fail.

Besides, I have seen some posts asking about an app. Basically the people at mobafire have said they're too busy/it's too expensive/etc, so they won't do it now.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/mobafire-app-for-android-iphone-ipod-5350
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/there-a-app-for-that-2616
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/make-mobafire-app-for-ios-6810
Grtk.Brandon
<Member>
Grtk.Brandon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2011 9:27am | Report
LaronX wrote:

Sry but why would u need this?

My phone can display the guides and stuff and it's a Nokia N95 8GB, its pretty old.

Does Android and IOS not show it right?

Apps tend to be functionally more efficient than web browsing, especially when the web pages aren't optimized for mobile devices. On top of that, most people generally prefer using them. It's a good idea, and I've always wondered why there weren't any apps like this already out. Can't wait to see when it's complete!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide