Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How do you actually climb?

Creator: crisp rat February 14, 2020 10:08am
crisp rat
<Member>
crisp rat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2020 10:08am | Report
Been playing since 2016 and my highest rank has been Silver II when I've played premade bot lane with my friend (who is gold). When I'm just playing by myself my highest rank has been Silver IV I believe. I'm constantly trying to climb and get better at the game but I just can't. I mostly play ADC but have recently switched to supp as I enjoy it quite a lot. Am I just bad at the game or what? How do I get better? It doesn't seem to work to just practice. And how the hell do I climb?
rapist jhin/crisp rat on eune (the first one is my main acc, the other one is mainly for playing support)

I'm a K/DA SIMP
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2020 10:39am | Report
Climbing isn't something you can just get naturally. Find a role you like, then find a few champions you like and stick to those champions. Get good with said champs and learn how to play with them. Once you're able to consistently perform well on your champions, you'll be able to climb, that's all there is to it.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
crisp rat
<Member>
crisp rat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2020 1:33am | Report
Fruxo wrote:
Climbing isn't something you can just get naturally. Find a role you like, then find a few champions you like and stick to those champions. Get good with said champs and learn how to play with them. Once you're able to consistently perform well on your champions, you'll be able to climb, that's all there is to it.
Okay, thanks for the help! I appreciate it <3
rapist jhin/crisp rat on eune (the first one is my main acc, the other one is mainly for playing support)

I'm a K/DA SIMP
lkycch
<Member>
lkycch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2020 4:23am | Report
1. Pick one main role and one backup role.
2. Pick one champ for each of those roles and main them.
3. Once you subconsciously play those champions and start to autopilot, you will naturally start doing things to win the game without yourself even knowing!
4. Now that you have understood how to climb, you can add one more champion to each of your roles, but make sure they're similar. For instance, stick to mages if you climbed using mages.
5. It's all about practising and grinding games from here on out, but you will surely improve and climb.
6. If you lose two games in a row, STOP. Go take a break and come back in half an hour. Drink plenty of water to keep your mind fresh as well!

How I learned this? From experience myself!

Back in Season 4 I was permanently stuck in Silver 4 Elo. I decided to really focus on one thing: Rammus Jungle. I managed to get to Gold 4 Elo in a month! But then I got stuck again and soon realised that Jungling wasn't really my thing.

I messed around in Gold 4 trying every role: Nasus Top, Ziggs Mid, Tristana ADC and Alistar Support. In the end, I picked Tristana ADC as my favourite. I understood that I was learning her, so I didn't climb to Gold 3 until after two whole weeks of playing her.

I then got stuck in Gold 2 and re-evaluated each role and their purposes. What do I actually like to play? I decided that I loved roaming more than farming, so I went back to Rammus Jungle and guess what? Because I already had the fundamentals of playing Rammus before, I easily picked it up and got to Gold 1.

I kept grinding, winning a game and losing one. I decided it was time to add another champion to my arsenal: Skarner. A similar tacky-style jungler to Rammus. I found myself being able to learn champions a lot quicker than before, as I understood the game a lot better by now. I got to Plat 4 finally and kept going and going with my two champions and got to Plat 2 Elo. This was back in Season 6.

After that, I was quite satisfied with what I had done. I wanted to see if I was able to climb using a different role, so I made a smurf account and practised playing Ziggs Mid. Up till Seasons 7 and 8, I actually got to Diamond 3 playing Mid Ziggs and Veigar. But that was the highest I've ever got.

In Season 9, because of work responsibilities I was unable to play the game as much, so I switched to playing a less mechanically intensive role: Support. I picked Zilean support as he's like a mage similar to both Ziggs and Veigar combined. And here I am now, a Gold 4 Zilean Support main hahaha.
crisp rat
<Member>
crisp rat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2020 11:01am | Report
lkycch wrote:
6. If you lose two games in a row, STOP. Go take a break and come back in half an hour. Drink plenty of water to keep your mind fresh as well!
I feel like this is a great tip! I should take breaks, and I know it, but I don't. Thank you for reminding me, I'll try my best. And thank you for talking about your ranked journey! It makes me feel a lot better!

I'm a K/DA SIMP

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide