Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Read this if you're making a guide!

Creator: Szpirglas March 14, 2017 12:06pm
Szpirglas
<Member>
Szpirglas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2017 12:06pm | Report
So I was making a guide for Nasus and a little bug happened... Well, not really 'Little'. It deleted over 2,000 words and replaced them and the chapter titles with the notes I put in the Item Build section.

I contacted Mobafire and now waiting for their response. I sent it in not even 5 minutes ago. Here's what I sent them if you're interested on details for the Bug & the guide I'm creating.

----EDIT----
This edit is here to say this; I found out it only affected the chapters that were put in by the "Add Chapters" tab. So it doesn't affect custom chapters as I now know. Just a little tidbit in case you were making a guide and using the whole 'Add Chapters' tool.

COPYPASTA

Yo, so I was making a guide for Nasus and I use 2 different computers. 1 for school and 1 for home. As I logged onto my account to edit the guide, I edited and finished a chapter and saved it. Little did I know, something bad happened. The text I put into the notes somehow replaced my chapters. Yes, that's right. My entire 2,000 words that I wrote for those Chapters are now gone since I saved after I finished the chapter. This is a report for a bug. Please fix that bug! I would really like to work at home and with free time at school without worrying about this bug. I now have 6 chapters I have to remake since the entire guide was replaced with the notes from the Item Builds. This shouldn't have happened since the Guide's chapters are in a different section than the Champion's Build. I'm notifying you guys to help prevent users from losing their progress! I'll make a forum about this and about how I contacted you guys and now how I am waiting eagerly for your reply.

Sincerely, Szpirglas.
Dash
<Member>
Dash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2017 12:24pm | Report
Hey there,

We've responded to your email and we're sorry you've encountered this error.
Szpirglas
<Member>
Szpirglas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2017 6:39pm | Report
Thanks, that was quick. Usually, these types of sites take around 2-3 days with replying to stuff like this. I made this post to notify/warn other users of the bug, not to complain or something, so I'm sorry if you took it that way.

So keep up the good work m80.
+rep
Szpirglas
<Member>
Szpirglas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2017 11:31am | Report
The matter was resolved.

Somewhat.

They restored to an older version but the problem is still there as some of my chapters have copies of other chapters, so I'm starting to think it's a Client Sided problem. I'll work with what I got.

Props to the Mobafire support squad, they have fast response times and are very easy to talk to as they try to solve whatever problem you may have. Nice job, guys!
Lasoor
<Member>
Lasoor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2017 11:28am | Report
Okay I read. :)
CrazyNikoLOL
<Member>
CrazyNikoLOL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2017 12:09am | Report
Thank you for the recommendation, duh!!

You need to log in before commenting.