Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

"Cleaning" the site

Creator: Jebus McAzn December 16, 2010 3:00pm
5 posts - page 1 of 1
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2010 3:00pm | Report
There's a ton of builds that either have no explanation, are spam builds, are troll builds, or are just low-quality. All they serve to do is clutter up the site and contribute nothing whatsoever. What if we grant a member or a group of members (likely the admins or the veterans) with abilities to delete guides? Obviously they wouldn't be all-powerful, you'd need to mark a guide for deletion and then get the approval of at least two other members.

This serves to clean up the aforementioned spam builds, trash builds, or builds that are just empty. It might not have to be a full delete either, maybe a "force-archive" or something along those lines. The point is, it might not be so good for Mobafire to have so many of these poor-quality builds running around.

I post this only because I've been looking at recent builds and over half of them have no explanation whatsoever. If the idea isn't exactly appropriate, I apologize.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2010 3:55pm | Report
In discussion. Haven't heard back from the admins, though.

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2010 12:37am | Report
THat is what i want here as prio numero uno!

We (at least veterans) are aware of the Problem. I cant call it diferent, it is a huge problem and imho the main source of ppl getting annoyed by single DV on their guide. They know their guides are way better (at least way better written) than the others and they have to compete with spam builds that in my thoughts shouldnt happen at all.

Lately i got a comment on my Vlad build:

Daethbane wrote:

I really like this build, it was hard to find at first because the rating does not reflect the awesome :).

My build is on 4th place with score of 67% now.

As i have no problem with that. My name is around so if som1 will want, he/she will find me. But this also can lead ppl to believe that nearly equaly scored guides 55-65% ones are not that worse than mine. And if we take a look at fiew of those... we know what we will get :P

Do any1 know how LC accualy keeps the number of guides in place?
The community there is HUGE so i cant believe that atm only 5ppl wrote Cassiopeia guides there.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2011 2:18pm | Report
I like the idea. Removing the useless builds on the site will probably benefit everyone.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2011 5:38pm | Report
Actually since the post this is already in-place.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide