Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Leona as a bruiser.

Creator: JuloFreeq June 4, 2013 5:04am
JuloFreeq
<Member>
JuloFreeq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 5:04am | Report
Hey guys,
I was thinking is building Leona as a bruiser viable?
My idea was like mercury's treads, sunfire cape, mercurial scimitar and after those some kind of damage items?
Any insight for this idea would be nice to see.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 8:46am | Report
Leona doesn't have any AD scalings and her AP scalings aren't terribly good, either. Her passive requires another champion in lane to proc. Overall, her kit just doesn't scale very well with items and she can only shine in a duo lane, which is why she's usually played as a support.

Played top lane, you'd run into a lot of trouble against a lot of other top laners. You've got no real disengage and can only really win trades if you get your shield up and land its damage. You'd have trouble farming against someone who can poke you, can hard engage you, or can shove lane to tower.

The items you've described are more of a tank build than a bruiser build, as well. Leona does make a fine tank, if you can survive through her terrible laning phase, so I'd suggest just going straight tank. You can build Iceborn Gauntlet if you need a bit more damage; with Leona I often can afford to wait with my abilities to get more Sheen procs out of it anyway.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
JuloFreeq
<Member>
JuloFreeq's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 9:06am | Report
Thank You very much for explaining her mechanics, gonna try her as a tank.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 6:22pm | Report
i always build tank support leona, her passive just gives too much benefit to being in a lane with someone else

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide