Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Question about Runes

Creator: JareX October 2, 2011 8:51pm
JareX
<Member>
JareX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 8:51pm | Report
Hi, I'm a new player

I'm working on earning cash, so when I hit level 20 i can buy my tier 3 runes.

But seriously... are they worth it???

I mean, a Greater Quintessence of Fortitude will give me 26hp.... wich I consider very low since I have around 3000 hp at lvl 18

I'm not sure I'm understanding how runes work, then my question is ¿are runes that good? ¿how does their bonuses apply?

thx
KingCasanova
<Member>
KingCasanova's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2011 9:01pm | Report
Yes they are. they can change the outcome of a game. your early game can decide your endgame. the 26hp is worth it. plus you get more than just one rune you get around 9 for each category which is 27 runes. at level 20 try playing with and without runes and you will notice the difference.
Want a nice Sig? KingCasanova's Sig Corner
Current Main Champs: Volibear, Wukong, Amumu, Shyvana, Fizz
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 4:44am | Report
Definitely needed since you are at a HUGE disadvantage in the beginning playing against a runed team with no rune in hand.
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2011 6:52am | Report
Yes, they are definetly worth it. It improves ur early games and many junglers cant jungle without them. I guess u play nocturne since ur avatar is noc. Have u ever tried jungling noc? It is a lot easier and faster with runes.
Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the astonishing sig.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2011 6:30pm | Report
Most runes are designed to boost your early game. Don't compare flat runes to your level 18 stats, as they're not designed to be effective that late in the game. Runes at level one make a huge difference, ESPECIALLY for junglers. A lot of junglers can't even complete their routes without armor seals, and most are much too slow without marks and quints.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
abzilla
<Member>
abzilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 8:05pm | Report
I play ryze. I have magic pen for red, +flat health for yellow, and cd (1) and magic resist for blue, and finally 4.5% speed increase for quint. I am
So strong in the early game that it sets me up nicely for late game. But its Not the runes that win the game. Think of it like this: ur a sports player, but there's
Another guy with steroids. Sure u can still beat him, but ull have a harder time. I survived so many fights cuz of my magic resist and health. Just choose the right runes. Look up strata on a champ u love. Sometimes ull have many champs that can share the same runes :)

Click +Rep if you thought I was helpful please! Also check out my Ryze build!
I will Ryze to the occasion... hur hur

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide