Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Questioning about jungeling

Creator: PineFussy October 29, 2011 10:31am
1 2
PineFussy
<Member>
PineFussy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 10:31am | Report
I was just wondering wether jungeling is worth it or not.. i have been playing for some time now and my summoners level is 20. i cannot understand how jungeling can be worth it. if i could have someone explaining this too me i would really appreciate it ;D thanks
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 10:49am | Report
Jungling makes it so your team has a gold and EXP advantage.

The amount of gold sitting in the jungle is huge and if you don't have a jungle, it goes to waste.

The amount of EXP that is wasted by having someone not in the jungle, pretty big as well.

This also creates a feeling of paranoia because the jungler can come out of the jungle at any time to try for kills/blowing summoners.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 11:04am | Report
To quote my guide -

Pros -
+ You have someone on your team who's unpredictable, the enemy doesn't know where you are unless they've warded really deep into your jungle (which you should never let them...)
+ You can help gank lanes that would otherwise be struggling
+ More global XP - due to having TWO solo lanes!
+ More global gold with control over dragon
+ Extremely high map control
+ You can ward as you're roaming the map, instead of people having to leave their lanes to ward vital spots
+ Statistically proven that teams with junglers have a higher chance of winning than teams without

Cons -
- You need a half decent person to solo top, some people just get stomped up there...
- If you're new to jungling and can't stop a counter jungle, you might be seriously underlevelled, and be missing out on your buffs
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 1:18pm | Report
Jungling is worth it(Xenasis has show you all the reasons) unless your solo top sucks(happens a lot in lower levels game) so make sure your team has a champion capable of solo top before going for a jungler. The level advantage is huge against a team with no jungler given that your solo top did very well and when you pull off some successful ganks, you are definitely winning the game.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 11:40pm | Report
One more thing that nobody has mentioned yet. Junglers can farm very easily without having to worry about kiting or harass from a lane opponent. Counter-jungling can occur, but mostly the mobs in your jungle are unguarded. This allows a lot of champions who are vulnerable in lane get CS and XP so they can do their jobs mid game. Amumu is a great example of this, since his farming and laning abilities are fairly poor, while in the jungle he can farm up, grab buffs and has great ganking tools.

Jungling also controls the red and blue buffs, as well as baron and dragon. Smite is used to secure these objectives, and allows your team to take them quickly and safely. A lot of junglers get Wriggle's Lantern (since the proc is amazing for jungling), which provides free wards on a cooldown, giving your team a lot of map control. The jungler can ward areas of the map without the other team realizing it, and is a constant MIA.

But as Xenasis said, you need to know what you're doing in jungle, and you need a reliable solo top. Pre-30 games may not feature many junglers because people often don't have good jungle runes and masteries, and a lot of people can't handle a 1v2 lane in top. Once you get some more wins under your belt, you'll be seeing junglers on both teams almost every game. At very high levels, junglers are indispensable.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 7:09pm | Report
To not write a essay.

A jungler can swing a game in your teams favor by him or herself.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
mastajdog
<Editor>
mastajdog's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 5:34am | Report
--If you're good, it's a great idea to do it. If you stink at it (mostly the ganking/lane helping, not actually clearing the jungle), it'll kill your team.i'd try doing it a lot in bot games first, though.
Mastajdog, "You shall bow in the presence of the masta."
please +rep if i've been helpful at all, and come check out my guides!
credits to The Nameless Bard and greynadefor the awsome signatures, and me for the others.
Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 3:04pm | Report
IF you have a good jungler and IF you have a good solo top, jungling is an enormous gold and EXP advantage for your team. But jungling can be disastrous if top or jungle is bad, so caution is advised :p
TReyes
<Member>
TReyes's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2011 7:07pm | Report
The Jungle can lend you the advantage in a figth, earning gold and XP.
It's really nice have a Jungler Champion in your team.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 1, 2011 10:29am | Report
What it's REALLY about~

Map CONTROL/Map PRESSURE

To have a jungler moving about and doing things to the lanes means your mid/bot lanes will be stronger as a result. This is why if you have a guy 1v2 top, and a jungler, if the solo lane doesn't fall too far behind and can hold the lane, then it's worth it, because your other lanes get occasional ganks/win lane, and you get the EXP/gold from the jungle.

If your top lane fails, then it is not worth it.

This is why most solo top players player very passively, because they believe it is more important to simply hold the lane and "Not lose" it.

I don't play the solo this way, but many players do.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide