Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Constantly getting **** streaks in Season 4...

Creator: Faceman February 5, 2014 7:30am
1 2
Faceman
<Member>
Faceman's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 7:30am | Report
So I started ranked at preseason4, winning 8 of the 10 placement matches and placed at silver 3. Then it was a quick climb to silver 1 and I already had 90LP a day before the season reset. My mains for the climb and placements were Fizz/Gragas/Sivir/Cait/Kayle.

After the season4 reset though I'm constantly being shat on specially on late game decision making by my team mates, literally throws... I was wondering how can I avoid these **** streaks, it's ruining my mmr and elo and whatnot...

my S4 placements ended 3/7 (7 losses) and I was still placed in silver 3. I was expecting bronze no joke. I managed somehow to grab 100 LP and lost the bo3 for silver 2, then I probably tilted and lost all the LP, followed by a demote to silver 4. After the demote I quickly got up to silver 3 again, but the **** streaks are back. Already lost 3 in a row and I can't see how the hell I could have played the game differently in 2 of those losses. The other one was on me for a good part. Thing is, nothing in the game changed from preseason to S4 and still I'm getting shat on pretty hard, my biggest winning streak was like 3 (when I got back from silver 4 to silver 3) and I can't harvest LP for silver 2 to save my life...

wtf is wrong? At the level I play right now I feel I can belong to low gold maybe gold 3/2, I played dota before and been playing league for about 6 months
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
EdisonKhoo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2014 2:08am | Report
Maybe there is some mistakes you really didn't notice about? Communication with your team? O.o
My Review Shop
Thanks to IPodPulse for this sig, check out his Signature Shop here ^^
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 5:18am | Report
A lot of the placements in a reset get messed up. Which is why you would see a lot of people doing their provisionals 3 weeks+ after the reset.

A lot of the people that were in elo hell are now strewn among every rank. I'm afraid the best you can do is wait a little while for things to even out and harvest enough LP to at least stay in the placement you are.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Grurin
<Member>
Grurin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 6:33am | Report
I'm not sure that it's because bronze players are now in higher leagues. I am in bronze and I'm seeing much more trolls and incompetent players after the reset too. I don't have any hard numbers, but I feel pretty sure about it.
My personal theory is that many bad players abandoned ranked before. And now they returned after reset in hope that they'll reach higher ranking. But solution to that is probably the same - if I'm not mistaken these players will leave again after loosing a few dozen games;)
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2014 8:47am | Report
Grurin wrote:

I'm not sure that it's because bronze players are now in higher leagues. I am in bronze and I'm seeing much more trolls and incompetent players after the reset too. I don't have any hard numbers, but I feel pretty sure about it.
My personal theory is that many bad players abandoned ranked before. And now they returned after reset in hope that they'll reach higher ranking. But solution to that is probably the same - if I'm not mistaken these players will leave again after loosing a few dozen games;)

To elaborate, it was because most people that were in higher rankings were playing with the lower rankings during provisionals, carrying them to an undeserved rank.

But then again, your idea seems just as likely.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Pinks
<Member>
Pinks's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 4:57pm | Report
I placed in silver 3 when I went 7/3 in the season 4 promos. I think it was because I did all my games on the first day ranked was released. I was platinum 4 in season 3.

I ended up climbing back to platinum 5 in 6 days by duo queueing with a friend that played jungle.
All in all, just grab a friend and have at it! (It helps if he is good, and has a low season 4 rating.)
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 3:20pm | Report
I was a sad camper. Went 6W4L and still got slammed into Bronze V.
I have no idea how do. The provisional system, in my opinion, is just pants on head ******ed with such vast differences.

After almost climbing out of Bronze pre-4, that sort of shot my motivation hard.

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
Double_E
<Stalker>
Double_E's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 5:40pm | Report
It depends a lot on who you got teamed up with/against in your provisionals.

Sure, you may have won 6 games, but if the games you won were all against people who would be in Bronze 8 (if it existed) then it's not very impressive. It's why you can win 3 games but still be in Silver 3, because your opponents might have been high Silver/Gold.
Rhollback
<Member>
Rhollback's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2014 7:00pm | Report
Double_E wrote:

It depends a lot on who you got teamed up with/against in your provisionals.

Sure, you may have won 6 games, but if the games you won were all against people who would be in Bronze 8 (if it existed) then it's not very impressive. It's why you can win 3 games but still be in Silver 3, because your opponents might have been high Silver/Gold.

What I understand is that it's completely based on luck and not skill then.
Why am I not surprised?

Thanks to the very talented The_Nameless_Bard
Double_E
<Stalker>
Double_E's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2014 2:51pm | Report
No. You're based on your MatchMaking Rating (MMR or invisible Elo). Your skill is taken into account in your provisionals. Bronze won't be teamed with Plat (unless the Plat is very bad and has an extremely low MMR).
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide