Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Dr Mundo Support

Creator: DatMundo May 26, 2013 11:03am
5 posts - page 1 of 1
DatMundo
<Member>
DatMundo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2013 11:03am | Report
Hey, I like to play Mundo Supp, but I never found a actual guide for it ( maybe because it´s a bit gimnick), so I use my own build ( Sightstone, Locket, Boots, Runic, Visage) and own masteries, but I think that´s not optimal. Whats in your opinion a good masterie for mundo and what would you build/ skill? Would be happy about all answers
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2013 8:46am | Report
Mundo support is really poke oriented. I don't really like it, Mundo needs a lot of gold to scale well and supports kinda get shafted when it comes to gold. Make sure you get a philostone into reverie as well. Start with a rejuv bead, 3 wards and 3 potions. Max cleaver first. This is a rough estimate of how to make the masteries: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-3-4-0-3-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-3-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-3-0-1-0-3-0-1-4-0-0-1-2-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2013 4:39pm | Report
I used to do it in normals and it stomped every time
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 7:35am | Report
rudyards wrote:

Mundo support is really poke oriented. I don't really like it, Mundo needs a lot of gold to scale well and supports kinda get shafted when it comes to gold. Make sure you get a philostone into reverie as well. Start with a rejuv bead, 3 wards and 3 potions. Max cleaver first. This is a rough estimate of how to make the masteries: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-3-4-0-3-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-3-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=0-3-0-1-0-3-0-1-4-0-0-1-2-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2

I'd go more like this for masteries. Block is just too good to pass up, and I'm a huge fan of Awareness on supports to offset the time you'll spend not getting exp. The extra point goes in Summoner's Wrath for the exhaust bonus, and I'd prefer Improved Recall over a single point in Wanderer (which is generally a bad mastery). Points in Awareness can be moved to Wealth and/or Explorer if you think you'll need them for a specific game.

For runes, I'd go armor reds and yellows, MR blues (probably a mix of flat and scaling), and GP10 quints. MPen reds are also workable, since Mundo scales so well with the stat.

You'll max R > Q > W > E. Q first for poke in lane, W second for teamfight presence.

I'd start rejuve bead, wards, and pots, then rush sightstone and pick up tier 1 boots. From there, get a locket or aegis, depending on whether your team needs the aura or active more, then get the other. Upgrade your sightstone and boots as necessary. Between those and (lots of) wards, you shouldn't usually be able to build more items before the game ends. Shurelya's would be a good pickup, for its active and HP, as would upgrading your aegis to a bulwark, but just about any HP item you can afford is fine.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 4:09pm | Report
Those seem like better masteries. I just tried to throw some together quickly for this thread :p

@Thalia: That's because it's not really a strong pick. I've done it from time to time with limited success.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide