Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fixed screen?

Creator: Mesty August 4, 2014 3:21pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
Mesty
<Member>
Mesty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 3:21pm | Report
Does anyone else play with a fixed screen like me? The few pro's streams that I have managed to find don't have it fixed. Was wondering if there is any advantage's or not?
-U.S. Air Force-
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 3:40pm | Report
There's no advantage at all once you get used to playing with unlocked camera.

Unlocked camera means your map awareness will drastically improve because you can watch other parts of the map, while you won't lose anything gameplay wise once you can handle playing with it unlocked.
Mesty
<Member>
Mesty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 4:11pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
There's no advantage at all once you get used to playing with unlocked camera.

Unlocked camera means your map awareness will drastically improve because you can watch other parts of the map, while you won't lose anything gameplay wise once you can handle playing with it unlocked.

Oh alright. I'm still new to PC gaming and was wondering if it had it's advantages. Thank you for the reply.
-U.S. Air Force-
Firehusary
<Member>
Firehusary's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 3:40am | Report
Also, you can't land most of the skillshots and can't see the situation. Getting used to unlocked is easy, I played ~1 year with fixed. Hoverer, just 1 game and now I don't lock camera. xD
Mesty
<Member>
Mesty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2014 4:15am | Report
Alright I can try it. I get flustered when it's like that but I will try it out.
-U.S. Air Force-
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 2:53pm | Report
Mesty wrote:
Does anyone else play with a fixed screen like me? The few pro's streams that I have managed to find don't have it fixed. Was wondering if there is any advantage's or not?

My advice would be to get used to playing on unlocked screen because it does give the big advantage of being able to view parts of the map. With that being said, having your screen locked in certain situations has some distinct advantages over unlocked screen.

While in unlocked screen mode, you can hold the spacebar and temporarily lock your screen to your character. As someone like myself who mainly plays the ADC role this is a very important mechanic in League of Legends. When I play a game I typically lock my screen in dueling and teamfighting situations. This is because having a locked screen as an ADC makes kiting and positioning much easy and also makes dodging critical skill shots like Death Sentence and Rocket Grab much easier. For example, when kiting with unlocked screen you need to attack an enemy, move your character, and also move the screen to keep your character in the center. When playing with a locked screen, you can focus on attacking and moving without worrying about your screen. Now before people start calling me a noob for kiting in locked screen go watch some of the best ADC players in the world play a match, (Doublelift, Imp, etc.) they all use this technique when kiting and teamfighting.

Playing in locked screen selectively can also be useful when playing champions that have long range dashes and gap closers. For example, when playing Akali it can be easy to lose track of your champion when you are using Shadow Dance all over the place but if you lock your screen she never leaves the center.

In my personal opinion it is best if you learn how to play in unlocked screen but also learn in which situations it is beneficial to temporarily lock your screen using spacebar.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide