Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need help with my ranked play

Creator: Omnislash GG September 20, 2014 6:48pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2014 6:48pm | Report
Hello all. Well, I'm not really new to the game, but this is my first ranked season. I started out in Bronze I, tilted down to Bronze IV, and I'm currently 1-1 in my promos back to Bronze I. I've arrived at one inescapable conclusion - I suck at this game. Since I realized this, I've improved (I think) quite a bit. But it's not enough. So, I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at my games and point out any mistakes or weaknesses in my game. Here are a few links to make it easier for you.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29449598
http://www.twitch.tv/omnislashgg

Thanks.
ShyDon
<Member>
ShyDon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2015 2:50pm | Report
Seeing your most recent match history (May 17/15) I see you play a lot of mid, 4 annie games, 2 talon games, and one ahri game. One thing in general that I see over the course of all of your games is relatively low cs numbers mainly with the ap oriented mids. For every game that you play mid, top, or adc you need to try the best you can to not miss any cs.

Some things you can do to make sure you don't miss cs with ap mids:

1: Swap out some of your ability power runes with flat ad runes to help you last hit in the early game. The cs in the early game (2-10ish) minutes is the most important cs in the game this can determine whether you get to get that extra potion and or ward, do you get that 9 minute rod of ages or 19 minute rod of ages. The ad runes are not bad at all because if you are aggressive and tend to auto attack your enemy laner it will do significantly more damage. And the 10-20 extra ap in the early part of the game does not really matter in reality.

2: Go in custom games and work on your cs with the runes and masteries of your choice. This can really help you because it gets you acquainted to the attack speed and animation of your champion of choice making last hitting a lot more familiar and much easier for you. What I sometimes do is go in a game with a champion I want to practice with and take no runes, masteries or items and I see how much cs I can get 10 minutes in. You want to aim for about 80-100 cs but 70 is also acceptable.

Csing is the most important part of top, mid, and adc lanes because it determines how far ahead or behind you will be in comparison to your opponent. Once you have csing down you should focus on other things such as trading properly, learning the limits of your champions, working on your map awareness etc. But I recommend that you get csing down pat because I kid you not but csing well and getting your items early in bronze and silver will single handedly win you games as long as you don't make dumb mistakes but those come with learning and every mistake you make will transition to you learning something.

To carry out of bronze you need to be able to cs pretty well, buy wards because they can win you games by getting you picks. I guarantee you if you ward you will be able to get free kills on the enemy jungler especially in bronze where they will make dumb mistakes because they think that nobody will punish them.

If you have any more questions or want some more tips I'd be happy to give them if you just reply to this to ask or you can add me in game or w/e. Best of luck!! :D
windmills
<Member>
windmills's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2015 12:54pm | Report
One tip I would recommend is to stop buying wards. Things like stealth wards and vision wards cost too much gold, and they honestly don't help you at all. If you don't buy wards you'll have enough gold to buy actual good items. You don't really need vision, and if the jungler knows it's not warded he will come to gank and that's an easy double kill since you have good items. Honestly, the biggest fault in most players is that they think wards are good. If your team tells you to buy wards mute them and report them immediately.

If you want you can check out my Mordekaiser Guide Once a month I update it daily.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2015 4:12pm | Report
A Morellonomicon from last year. Locking.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide