Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Top Teacher Needed!

Creator: Reldern June 13, 2013 4:18pm
Reldern
<Member>
Reldern's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 4:18pm | Report
Hello everyone, and thanks for reading this.
I am currently a level 19 NA LoL player looking to hone/improve my skills.
I mostly play top lane (Champions like Darius, Gangplank, and Irelia)
I would sincerely appreciate it if someone here could help me out in League so I can get better! :)
However, I won't be able to pay money, sorry...I'm still in high school, and my parents won't let me invest that kind of money in a video game...
Anyway, my summoner name is "Reldern" so please feel free to add me on LoL!
I'll be on about every day I guess for the next 3-4 months since I'm on summer vacation (yay!)
The level/league of the teacher doesn't really matter to me (bronze, silver, gold, plat, diamond doesn't really matter to me, almost all of you guys are better than me).
I'm on the Eastern Time Zone (EST), so please take that into consideration as well...
Thanks so much again for reading this, I know I've made it a bit lengthy haha!
Trid
<Member>
Trid's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 2:05pm | Report
Advice for a level 19 NA LoL player
-Learn to ward, like always buy a ward when you go back to prevent yourself from being ganked
-RUNES, YOU HAVE TO BUY RUNES THE MOMENT YOU REACH 20, THEY HELP
-Have a large champion pool
-Learn to CS, if you give up first blood but are 100 cs up, your winning your lane, no matter what other people in your game might say
-Watch pro streamers, it helps you learn common tactics
Champions
-Gangplank
All I can say on this subject is plz no. Gangplank just really isn't that good right now. He's too weak and his ult really doesn't give much global pressure. Sure he has some sustain but there are better champs who do the same things as him. He can't really go anywhere because he isn't a assassin, he isn't a tank and all he can do is poke with his gun.
-Darius
I used to play Darius before the nerf. All I can say right now is he has gotten much harder to play. He wasn't that good in lane before the nerf and he got countered by almost any champ in the top lane. Since the nerf on his ult and q. Just farm passively and get items and wait for the lategame. Not much you can do in lane but if you can reach the team fight phase without dying once, good for you.
-Irelia
You have to CS on this champ. Relies heavily on farm but do NOT rely too heavily on her q to cs. Play safe and wait till you get 1 or 2 items before you stack engaging back and forth in lane.
I can't really mentor you since I got things to do during the summer but I can answer more questions if you have any.
~Trid
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2013 2:47am | Report
Like Trid said.. wards and farm make up the top lane... if you are able to get the kill then great! I don't know what exactly i could teach you especially since i am only in bronze 1 and also as i don't play any of those champions and mostly play singed or riven or nocturne or something of the sort but if you ever have any questions you can always ask me in game at nerapi. like i said i dont exactly know how i could help you but let me know!
Syhano
<Member>
Syhano's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 9:09am | Report
I play mostly top lane too with characters like Fiora, Panthenon, Tryndamere etc. The best thing you can learn to do is effectively farm and last hit. The faster and better you do that, the more effective you are in your lane and the faster you can get your items, which can easily change the pace of the lane. If you're still interested add Syhano and I'll take it from there.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide