Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion to buy?

Creator: breebreebran November 3, 2013 3:38am
breebreebran
<Member>
breebreebran's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 3:38am | Report
I'm new. I'm only level 11.
But I have 4800 IP so I want to buy a new champion.
But who?
I want an AD champ.
I was watching gameplay videos of Riven and she looks pretty good. Should I get her? Or someone else?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 3:43am | Report
KreativeDreams
<Member>
KreativeDreams's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2013 7:12pm | Report
I would get Riven :P. She has some great abilities to help her get away.
Thanks to IpodPulse for the amazing signature :)!
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2013 5:24am | Report
Riven is a good champ, but definitely not the easiest to play if you're a beginner. Were you looking for AD Carry, or maybe an AD top laner (bruiser)?

AD, I would recommend Tristana. She is fairly easy to play, costs only 1350 IP, and last-hits easily. She also has a good escape in Rocket Jump for when things get a little dicey. Not to mention she has a free skin for liking the LoL facebook page!

Sivir also just got reworked, and I'd recommend checking her out as well. At only 450 IP, you don't really have much to lose. Only thing is she has a skill-shot ( Boomerang Blade) that does take some getting used to. All-in-all she's a solid champ that I use often.

As far as bruisers go, Riven is nice, but like I said, a bit difficult to master. Garen is pretty foolproof, and only 450 IP. I'd start with him just to see if you like that sort of thing.

For 2250 IP, you can buy Tristana, Sivir, and Garen. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2013 5:00pm | Report
Caitlyn

great for beginners and she scales into advanced play well. easy to cs with and easy to stay out of danger with her range.

Chirika
<Member>
Chirika's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2013 10:38pm | Report
If you are looking for AD champion it depends for what position you are going to choose it but since you wrote about Riven you’re looking for top laner but I really don’t recommend you to buy her right now. Riven is strong champion but also is rather difficult to play, you should consider Garen as top laner since he is pretty cheap (only 450 IP) and rather easy to play so with him you can learnt to play this position and will see if you like it.
You can consider some ADC champions too:
Tristana is rather easy to play (have long range, escape mechanism and easy last-hiting) and also spread free thought facebook.
Sivir becomes better with her rework so you can consider her too since she is only 450 IP cost.
Caitlyn is also good choice since she can teach you advance play (she has good range, escape mechanism and long-range ult) but she is 4800 IP cost.
MissBreezy
<Member>
MissBreezy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2013 3:20am | Report
Miss Fortune was my first actual buy. I suggest you try her :D She's fun and her speed boost is aaaawesome!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide