Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why get CDR for Teemo?

Creator: TheDigitalMonk July 16, 2011 1:00pm
1 2
TheDigitalMonk
<Member>
TheDigitalMonk's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 1:00pm | Report
I've been seeing a lot of builds for Teemo that grab items with cooldown reduction like Nashor's Tooth. Even if the CDR isn't the main stat they're going for, it's still wasted stats that could be spent on something else. The only thing it benefits is his Blinding Dart, which has a long enough cooldown as it is that it probably won't come in handy more than once (or maybe twice) in a team fight. I also read somewhere that the more CDR you have, the quicker he picks up mushrooms with Noxious Trap but I'm not entirely sure if this is true or not.

Am I missing something?! It seems like getting AS or AP would be much more useful than CDR with Teemo.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 1:05pm | Report
Depends on the build you're going for. AP Teemo can benefit from CDR because IT DOES reduce the time it takes for him to gain a charge of Noxious Trap. However I would forgoe Nashor's for Morello's Evil Tome.

AD Teemo on the other hand does not really require too much CDR. His Mushrooms are more or less free wards when you play AD. Sure they can help in a pinch but for the most part AD Teemo is right click to win.

To summarize AP Teemo can benefit from some CDR but going all out isn't needed. AD Teemo doesn;t really need CDR unless you like having shorter CDs in general.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:07pm | Report
Yea, but AP Teemo is bad and AD is good.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:12pm | Report
I'm pretty sure that with a Nashor's, your blinding dart can be chained.

LOL nvm, that's wrong :S

Nashor's is too expensive for teemo, you should get a Malady before it, and most of teemo's damage isn't affected by CDR.
Tri lane for life.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:14pm | Report
You don't need cdr on Teemo, Bulky AD/AS Teemo is by far the best way to play him atm(look at The Rain Man's Teemo), Hybrid is meh and AP is just ****.
Teemo's shrooms have a decent CD and you can easily put shrooms everywhere without CdR, especially since you're saving shrooms over time.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:17pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Yep.

swirlyicecream
<Member>
swirlyicecream's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 16, 2011 4:22pm | Report
the ap as well as the attack speed coupled with the mana regen and cdr are all very useful depending upon your teemo build, depending upon team comps this is my third item built after boots and malady, the CDR does apply to collection of mushrooms as well as your blinding shot and your sprint. Not a horrible item for teemo to use depending on your build and team comp, ap if you need ap or you can stack ad if you need the extra ad
Brynollf
<Member>
Brynollf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 17, 2011 4:00am | Report

the ap as well as the attack speed coupled with the mana regen and cdr are all very useful depending upon your teemo build, depending upon team comps this is my third item built after boots and malady, the CDR does apply to collection of mushrooms as well as your blinding shot and your sprint. Not a horrible item for teemo to use depending on your build and team comp, ap if you need ap or you can stack ad if you need the extra ad

But you shouldn't build you're team with no other ap carry then Teemo since Teemo is way more powerfull as a AD/AS carry.
Thanks to Xiao for the awesome signature!
Please +Rep me if i helped you.
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 5:50am | Report
Searz wrote:

Whawhawhawhawhawhawhawhat?
I thought it was the opposite.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 18, 2011 5:55am | Report
Well, not really AD Teemo, more like On-Hit Teemo. (Madred's Bloodrazor, Malady, Wit's End and so on)
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide