Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Gunblade on Kennen?

Creator: FatelBlade December 29, 2016 5:09am
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2016 5:09am | Report
I like the idea of Gunblade Kennen when vsing an easy melee match up. You get more damage out of it at the cost of some CDR/health, but I think in some places its worth it. Thoughts?
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2016 6:51am | Report
Yeah i tried it a few times on kennen top. I think its good for sure against tanks like poppy. But you will need some attackspeed for it to be effecient imo. I have tried getting early Berserker greaves, with nice succes. I would properly use an ad/as runepage and not an AP for this build tho. And i would be maxing W first. atleast with 5 points in W at lvl 10.
Last time i bought Gunblade I just went Long sword + Refill pot at lvl 1. Then another longsword+boots+vampiric scepter if you have the money. also getting a ruby crystal sometime in the early game is a must since u dont have dorans.

Using that ruby crystal either for a later rylais, or you could go for a frozen mallet for the extra cheese :)

I was thinking about getting Jaurims fist + Seekers armgaurd after Gunblade + AS boots just to stack up.

Also getting an early Cull can be really nice if your not behind.

But the scenarios where im building Gunblade would be games where I focus and lanephase and split pushing early game for sure. :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2017 9:04am | Report
I thought the reason kennens build protobelt was for its active - so that he can more easily gapclose and land savage ults.

That said, I guess if there's no real need for protobelt (e.g. strong initiate team comp like Cease and Desist, Depth Charge, or Hextech Ultimatum) then gunblade would be much more desirable
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide