Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The theory of lol. (discussion on in game tactics)

Creator: cast1away 32 July 10, 2014 10:55am
cast1away 32
<Member>
cast1away 32's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2014 10:55am | Report
Lanes and your laners. I would like to start by talking about each lane and what the idea is behind it right now. To start lets look at bottom lane, the adc is essentially a high damage character that has range in order to be safe while they dish out damage. with that in mind and ad/ap scaling champ build with a ad build could be an adc. nidalee for example could be build like an adc and because of her kit do well, but who else could do the same thing in this position? Support basically a supports job is help their adc in lane while helping the team by warding during laning phase. and after that help the team by continuing to ward with the rest of the team, and using their CC to secure kills and objectives, and by that anyone with good CC can support. Now to mid lane, mid lane is basically Ap caster heaven, but as we know champs like Yasuo, Talon, and zed are very strong mid lane champs. In my opinion mid lane is about either poke or burst. I am not a mid lane main so I may be wrong in my diagnosis of mid lane, but if that is what mid lane is about what champs can mid then? jungle basically the jungler is a roaming high damage support. and as we all know there are many unconventional jungles (Ex fizz jung, Yasuo jung, teemo jung). Jungle is a pretty flexible role and is best suited to complement team comps. Top lane this is the lane i have the most questions for. right now ranged top lanes are a really big thing (Ex nidalee) but top lane is essentially a split push and dueling lane. so who can really top then?
Ok so then given the questions above how do you form an effective strategy, in game without knowing your other fellow laners? And by that I mean an actual game plan not just win, but how are we going to win.
Thank you all for reading this. The reason that I posted this is because I am the leader of a ranked team (5Heros)and want to et outside opinions on lanes and the strategy behind them.
The Pink Poro
<Member>
The Pink Poro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2014 9:47am | Report
The main thing you need to understand about building a game plan on the fly is that you need to know every champion in depth. On top of that, you need to know some of the successful strategies and techniques teams use to close games out. Here's some pointers:
  • Every champion had their own style, some poke, some protect, others run at the enemy like deadpool. You need to know a champion's style going into a game because it gives you an idea of what your team's strengths and limitations are.
  • Assuming you know about all of the champions on your team, you can probably figure out whether your team is going to try and play the tower siege game (which means that you try to force the game into the grouping and roaming phase really quickly), or play the epic AOE teamfight, and so on and so forth.
  • Now that you know what a good game plan would be for your team, you need to get an idea of what the enemy is going to do. Knowing their most probable course of action lets you tailor your shotcalling around how you expect the enemy to react.
  • Knowing what your team and the enemy team should be doing means that you also know the winning conditions for a fight/siege. Poke comps generally want to split push in a 0-4-1 style, sending one member to solo push a lane while the rest of the team tries to poke the enemy off of objectives. Doing this requires that you set up the top and bottom lane well in advance by killing a single minion in an even wave 1-2 minutes before you plan to siege, this causes the huge minion blob that will eventually force the enemy to retreat or lose 3 towers. Fight oriented comps on the other hand, will try to ace or decimate the enemy team, and then use their numbers advantage to take uncontested towers and monsters. Pick comps, similarly, will try to catch out one or two members with their good single target damage, and use the numbers to get uncontested or minimally contested objectives. Pick comps may also try to "invite" the enemy team into objectives like Baron, pop a few members and then steal the objective for themselves.

That's pretty much how you figure out what your team is going to do, and you have to know how to do this in less than 5 minutes if you want to really win a game cleanly, and not struggle and derp around like low elo players.

As far as your questions about top lane go, it's pretty much a farm fest. Top pretty much sits there and farms all game, and no one really does anything to each other since the meta champions are so no interactional right now. It's pretty boring tbh.

<3 HAPPY GANKING <3

credit for the signature goes to Emikadon!
The Pink Poro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2014 9:49am | Report
Pm me if you have any more questions.

<3 HAPPY GANKING <3

cast1away 32
<Member>
cast1away 32's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2014 9:25pm | Report
Awesome thank you for your help.
The Pink Poro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2014 9:28pm | Report
ANYTIME FRIEND

<3 HAPPY GANKING <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide