Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vladimir: the Dominion potential that no one...

Creator: brownwabbit September 28, 2011 6:33am
brownwabbit
<Member>
brownwabbit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 6:33am | Report
So I had a strange urge to try out vladimir in Dominion yesterday and was shocked at how good and versatile he was in this gameplay mode. I still need to tweak my build and role fulfillment, but I figured I'd share the basic thought process behind why I believe he has huge potential and how I tapped into it yesterday.

Scenario: So as I said, I played a round yesterday as Vlad. I went in very pessimistic because a) I was tired and this was my last refuge for a good time before I had to go to sleep, and b) I was up against a team of pretty well-known dominion powerhouses yesterday (Warwick, Rammus, Evelyn, Maoki, Master Yi). While my team had a couple good Dominion picks (xin zhao, Katarina), I still felt like this round was going to take much more organized on our play, which we all know is totally guaranteed in solo queue, to win.

The basic strategy: Vladimir has a lot of health, has a lot of damage, and best of all, has a lot of potential to sit a couple seconds out in a fight but still be a presence. Sanguine pool and Zhonya's were my lifesavers and are the core aspects of my playing style. With the combination of these two, I was able to pick up several double and triple kills on tower points against odds. In essence, I tried to poke at the opponent in tower range with my q then when they finally went in for the dive, I popped my ult, q and e (when possible) and then immediately after my pool. If I was still above half post popping this, I repopped my q and e and then zhonyas. Typically at this point they were dead but if not, I tried to get that last bit of damage out (before I died or to finish them all depending on the matchup and the odds), by once more using my basic abilities.

My build order last night was: lvl 2 boots (start) -> hextech -> Rylais -> rabadons -> zhonyas

Next time i play I think I'll go for zhonyas before rabadons and potentially even right after the giants belt in rylais (pre blasting rod, amplifying tome).

Apologies: Guys I'm sorry if this is wall of textesque and that none of the hotlinks work. I gotta get ready for class so I don't really have time to clean it up now, but I'll try to do so when I get back. Also I've literally only tried Vlad once in Dominion so I may be totally wrong/my BO is probably ****. The point of this post is to make a few vlad lovers out there try out a tanky zhonyas vlad (or even a different build) in dominion and see what they think. Is he ****? Is he good? I'm not sure, but I had a really fun time last night and played a gamechanging role in a hard round. I want to know if it was a fluke or if you guys can do the same! Good luck, and I'll try to clean this up later.

Much <3

-Brownwabbit
Nickaflug IG
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 8:53pm | Report
TBH I've always considered vlad as a mid to late game champ. Dominion focuses on quick ~20 minute matches...So in reality even with accelerated EXP gain and gold...Vlad still cant get built up properly in a standard length game. As well, all healing is reduced by 20% so I fail to see the survival/DPS potential vlad could have. He's slow, has longish CDs, and is rather worthless in multi champ fights without his team (IMO). He has no real capping benefits and though his damage can be significant, other champs can still bring more to the dominion table.

Now you said you did well, and that's great, but do it 20 times then do it another 20...If you're still dropping noobs like a baws then it's plausible Vlad can work. Otherwise it's just a fluke.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide