AD Bruiser Yi Jungle
Master Yi Build
Alternative Final Build
Alternative Final Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
- Hunter's Machete: You CAN take Hunter's Talisman, but I personally take the machete.
- The reason I start refillable instead of health pots is to save as much gold as I can in the long run (I don't have to keep buying pots).
First Back/Early On
- I always get my jungle item (the basic one, Skirmisher's Sabre) on Master Yi before anything else. Whether or not I get a dagger or boots depends on how the lanes are doing. It also depends on how frequently I get invaded by the enemy jungle or how frequently I invade him.
- I almost ALWAYS rush Blade of the Ruined King in this build after Bloodrazor. I do this to get damage early on in order to not totally postpone my skirmishing/dueling relevancy.
- The active on Bilgewater Cutlass is great, and obviously so is the active on Blade of the Ruined King. This helps you keep up with the enemy you're chasing or sticking to.
- If I have 900 gold on my second or third back (at this point I would have Bloodrazor, boots, and a refillable potion), I will get Vampiric Scepter.
- If I have 1000 gold on this particular back, I will get Recurve Bow for the bonus magic damage on basic attacks.
- If I have 1500 gold on this particular back, I will just straight-up buy the Bilgewater Cutlass. The active is very useful for Yi, especially relatively early on in the game.
- As soon as I have my Bloodrazor, Blade of the Ruined King, and Boots, I farm/gank until I have enough for Jaurim's Fist. I try and get Sterak's Gage after Blade of the Ruined King almost every game, but if their team is AP-heavy I would suggest Hexdrinker.
- If your team absolutely requires a tank and/or you are just getting melted in every fight, feel free to rush Dead Man's Plate after Blade of the Ruined King. This item is incredible on Yi, helping him gain damage onto targets, while moving fast all the while. With this item, Yi becomes tankier and is rewarded literally for just pressing R.
- Also, if targets keep getting away and/or the enemy team's crowd control is just too much at this point in the game, pick up Mercury Treads (though I typically don't buy these yet, sometimes it's necessary).
- Bloodrazor and Blade of the Ruined King provide the attack speed needed for this bruiser build, also including lifesteal and a click-to-slow. These two are also extremely efficient against tanks due to their percent damage.
- I rush Sterak's Gage after Blade of the Ruined King because its survivability factor is just insanely high, and it can deceive the enemy into thinking you're going to go down when you aren't.
- I usually get Mercury Treads after Sterak's Gage for the movement speed and tenacity/MR.
- Next, I get Dead Man's Plate to be rewarded for my movement speed while simultaneously gaining pure-tank stats.
- I typically go Hexdrinker and then build it into Maw of Malmortius as my last item, but this can vary due to each team's composition/playstyle.
- Other possible items:
- If your team is already quite tanky and engage-oriented enough, you can definitely consider picking up Phantom Dancer as your last item, or Mercurial Scimitar if the enemy CC is too much.
- Another idea is Guardian's Angel over Maw of Malmortius if you're either delving into the last fight of the game or if you believe your death is inevitable and your revival is just that beneficial.
- I think this build is efficient for a number of reasons:
- Great for damage
- Great for busting tanks
- Provides insane survivability
- Makes for a much safer Master Yi
- Hexdrinker and Sterak's Gage make the enemy team underestimate you at low health.
- This, in my experience, helps you, above all, win AND finish out games.