AP Amumu OP
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Yo what's good? I'm Brandon but my summoner is HarleySixNine, feel free to add me. I'm 17 and Haha Weed. AP Amumu is pretty OP if played right. You might get nagged at by your team because "you're not tanky", well **** them! This is my guide on how to play AP Amumu and single handedly rape your opponents.
I picked these Runes for a specific reason:
1. AD Reds for more damage to clear camps faster(Not that fast but it helps some)
2. Armor Yellows for resistance vs. the camps
3. AP Blues for early game damage
4. AP Quints for early game damage
I picked these Masteries for a specific reason:
1. Who doesn't love increased Ability Damage?
2. Who wouldn't want more damage but take more?
3. Help you survive longer in fights and clearing
4. Do more damage with your E since AP scaling isn't as high as your Q or R, but make sure to hit them with your Q so you can get the increased damage
1. Get around quicker
2. Blue will last longer
3. In early game situations, you prolly won't kill them with as much burst as you can late game so you can get them below 40%, chase them with your W active then use your E once its back up to get the kill
4. Help you sustain after a fight so you can go back to your JG
5. You don't want more CDR?
6. Extra damage with your combo
1. Red Smite for reduced damage in 1v1's and ganks
2. Ionian for your ult to be up quicker
3. Rylai for some health and an AP boost
4. Rabadon for a large powerspikes, you should be able to 1v1 pretty much anyone, and get doubles and triples
5. Lich Bane so you can pull off some nasty late game plays and some CDR
6. Abyssal for more CDR, and to pull some MR off of your opponents, combos well with your passive
Make sure to save your ultimate for team fights after about 25mins. During team fights make sure to get at least 3+ people in the ult range, try to get the back line though, those are your key targets.
Start ganking around 4, I'd recommend getting to level 4 quick as you can, back, buy, go gank.
When ganking, initiate with your Q so you can stun them, try to get your laner to start a fight first so they'll be busy. I would use this combo for pretty much every gank: You aim your Q and you press your W around the time it hits your opponent, Once your body smacks into theirs, Smite them, E and then walk ahead a bit towards there tower then E when ever and use your ult if hes really tanky and close to half health. During team fights you have a little bit different combo. You still throw your Q at them but try to make sure they're in a group first, a tight one. Press W before the Q hits then ult ASAP! Then use your E and get out of there. Also, Tell your team to go in once you go in.