Tristana Build Guide by Pachaaa
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This guide will explain the way Tristana kills champions and pushes lanes quickly, and effectively. Reasons for skill sequences, as well as items, runes, and masteries will be given as you read the guide.
REMEMBER!Without reading this guide and more importantly TRYING this build you won't get the desired effect. Therefore, please DO NOT vote without trying the build and guide first, thank you.
How do you trust this guide? I have played Tristana for a quiet long time, and never lost a single ranked game with her. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/svictories.png/
Click on the link above and then click on the picture to make it bigger. You will see that I won all 8 rankeds in a row with Tristana with a positive score.
Tristana - A proper ranged carry
Obviously Tristana is a wonderful champion, and when in proper hands, can carry the game with ease. Unfortunately, not many people favor her, because she doesn't have proper recommended items, misleading people new to her.
But do not worry! This guide shall help :).
So What do we know about Tristana? sure we know her pros such as:
- The fact that she outranges any other champion at lvl 13 (supports positioning)
- The fact that she has Rapid Fire to melt dowen turrets and champs (so focus ad items)
- The fact that she has great ways of escape ( Flash, Rocket Jump , Buster Shot)
- The fact that she has 2 sources of damage - phys.( items + attacks) + magic (counter armor)
However, players must also be aware of her cons such as:
- Low base movement speed - countered with phantom dancer mid game
- Lack of AD scaling abilities - relies on hits and Q.
- Item dependant - either get as many last hits as possible or be useless.
Now gaming phase:
Start with Doran's Blade (easier last hitting) or boots with hp pots (positioning and gtfo). Subjectively speaking, I usually start Dorans because Im addicted to mixing offense with defense early. An ordinary Trist would go for W and E early game but I suggest sacrificing that burst damage in order to make pushing WAY easier.
Since we play as ad carry, we want to stay away from teamfights happening on mid or top, and just continue pushing. 90% of the time I only go back to base when i have 3350 gold - for a The Bloodthirster and Boots of Speed.
Masteries and Runes
- Masteries - 21/9/0. A classic DPS Mastery choice. - Said Lawrence.
- Is it good on Tristana? - Asked Ben.
- (Facepalm) Of course it is!
- (Double Facepalm) Because it makes her better DPS doesn't it?
- How does it make her better?
- (Unstoppable Facepalm) Look...
Demolitionist, Executioner, Weapon Expertise, Arcane Knowledge and Sunder is what we aim for here. It certainly helps Tristana with taking down champions, turrets or any other objects. To make it simple enough, it buffs her damage per second and her skills. In addition to this, armor and HP masteries help us in both early and late game.
- I get it now!
- Yeah, well done. Clap, clap, clap.
- But I still don't get the rune choice...
- ( Penta Facepalm) ok Ben look. We want to do good damage right? so we get greater mark of desolation. And to counter Tristana's squishiness we get Greater Seal of Armor. This champion is also mana lacking early game so Greater Glyph of Mana will solve that problem. Greater Quintessence of Health gives Tristana extra hp to survive and be able to do more dmg!
- Is it really really really... I mean really that good on Tristana?
- (LEGENDARY FACEPALM!) Yes Ben, it definitely is.
Items - Core and optional
The Bloodthirster is what we should have as our first core item. Early and mid game we must focus on killing minions and staying away from teamfights. Once you reach 120-170 creep score you can then show up and help your team because you will have enough money for The Bloodthirster and Zeal.
Then, because Tristana is quite slow moving, she has to get Phantom dancer to wake her up.
Make infinity and black cleaver to further increase your damage.
You can play a bit as a support here, by getting Stark's Fervor into your custody, which will grant you AS + life steal + HP regen ( yeah...Lets pretend to be a Heimerdinger with his passive....oh wait, Zeke's Harbinger's passive doesnt actually affect turrets. Oh dear :( ) + more importantly, armor reduction aura. This sure will make us proud to be a Battle Commander along our teammates ;).
Finish boots with Berserker's later.
This was my second guide on Mobafire, and I hope it will help you get more kills and play more effectively with Tristana :). The guide will be updated and more info shall be given. any questions or concerns please ask in the comment.
Don't forget to comment, rate, vote, whatever. Have fun playing Tristana :).