Fiddlesticks Build Guide by ThaKinetic
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys, welcome to my second guide, a guide to Fiddlesticks! This lovely scarecrow is a strong mage, who can cause immense chaos in teamfights. This guide will cover Fiddlesticks in Twisted Treeline with gameplay, tactics, and more.
For nearly twenty years, Fiddlesticks has stood alone in the easternmost summoning chamber of the Institute of War. Only the burning emerald light of his unearthly gaze pierces the musty darkness of his dust-covered home. It is here that the Harbinger of Doom keeps a silent vigil. His is a cautionary tale of power run amok, taught to all summoners within the League. Decades ago, there existed a powerful rune mage from Zaun - Istvaan. At the end of the fifth Rune War, he became one of the League's first summoners. Too much a prisoner to the old ways of magic, Istvaan stepped further and further outside the rules of conduct in the League. In what was ultimately his last match, his reach finally exceeded his grasp. Sealing himself inside the easternmost summoning chamber, he began incanting the most forbidden of rituals - an extra-planar summoning.
What exactly happened inside that chamber remains unknown. No champion came to represent Zaun that day in Summoner's Rift. Only silence echoed back from repeated knocks on the chamber door. The first apprentice who entered was cut down immediately by an unearthly scythe. What few who followed and survived were driven mad by fear, mere husks of men gibbering about crows and death. Afraid of the evil even Istvaan could not control, the League sealed all exits to the chamber, hoping they could contain what they could not destroy. Years went by, but the wooden figure within never moved save to slay any foolish enough to enter. Seeing no recourse to reclaim the chamber, the Council instead devised a use for Fiddlesticks: executioner. While he comes to life and seemingly abides by the rules of summoning in the Fields of Justice, what he awaits inside his chamber is unknown. His unmoving face yields no clues, and his scythe stands ready to strike down any who stand before him.
"Those who say "you have nothing to fear but fear itself" have not yet felt the crows."
Pros / Cons
+ // Drain does nice damage
+ // Very good lane sustain
+ // Ultimate is devastating
+ // He's a ******* SCARECROW!
+ // Fun as hell to play
- // Squishy before Catalyst the Protector
- // Enemies can walk out of drain
- // Team dependant
- // Very hard to take down tankys.
I take 9/0/21 masteries for fiddle. With the new masteries update, you can now go AP in offense tree. But...
If you take 9/0/21 you get -
- 7 seconds recall
- 12 mana per lvl
- 15 seconds reduced CD on flash
- 3 MP5
- 4% Movement speed
- 20% increased buff duration (Yay more dragon buff ^^)
- 5% more exp gained
- 10% CDR
- 15% CDR on summoner spells
- 4 AP
- 10% Mpen
Yea, that's a hell lot of bonuses. It's not worth going past 9 in offense, just not. You get nearly no bonus, sure Blast is pretty cool, but then we lose 6% CDR and 15% CDR on summoner spells.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
For runes i take...
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power Yeap, standard AP quints. I love these they give my nice harass early game.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration Mpen is what makes Fiddle really hit hard, grab these.
- Greater Seal of Replenishment Mana sustain, fiddle can use much mana if he drains too much.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power Again, 9 AP is not to be missed.
- Flash This is a live saver, kill securer, utility, and whatnot. This is really a must IMO.
- Ignite That extra bit of damage for those pesky luckers, but if you look at the damage, it's alot of true damage in higher lvls, so this will increase your DPS
- Exhaust Viable but i won't recommend. Simply not worth replacing Ignite or Flash with. Take this if u know what you are doing (Premade tactics n' stuff).
- Surge Funny enough, this is a strong spell, as you can Crowstorm to your enemy, pop this, and then go rambo!. But still if you want AP, buy it, or get an elixir :) The AS is a waste.
- TeleportCmon it's 3v3. The map is so small, but i could be viable to teleport to wards, shrooms for easy gank.
- Heal Hehe the so common heal. Baiting tool ftw. I won't recommend this on fiddle as you have ****loads of heal from Drain. If you get Will of the Ancients your Crowstorm will heal you like a boss :P
Dread: Fiddlesticks reduces nearby enemies magic resist by 10.
Mini Abyssal Scepter. You'll deal more damage, and so will your AP allies. Pretty fitting passive for fiddle.
Terrify: // Fiddlesticks terrifys his target, fearing them for up to 3 seconds.
This is your main CC. At rank 5 it's 3 seconds. 3 f**cking seconds! 3 seconds where the enemy can do nothing while your crows eat them, and you drain them to death. We max this second for max CC potential.
- // For gods sake, use this before drain. Using it after will cancel your drain.
- // This can be used offensively and defensively. Abuse it!
- // You can use this on the main carry to negate his dmg for 3 seconds.
Drain: // Fiddlesticks drains life from his target, damaging them and healing him for up to 80% of the dmg dealt.
Love this ^^ Learn to love this ^^ This skill does sustained high dmg for 5 seconds and has up to 80% inbuilt spellvamp. Tryndamere thinks he is OP at lvl 2 and 1v1 you? Np just drain him :) Parred with Crowstorm you are very strong. Max this FIRST.
- // Just drain :) Fiddle can win early 1v1 easily (If the enemy has cc like Vayne, Riven, Sion don't just rely on drain)
- // On later lvls you can drain nonstop. After the channel is complete it's off CD.
- // Be aware of healing reduce. Things like Ignite, executioneers calling or Champions such as Miss Fortune or Tristana can greatly reduce your healing.
Dark Wind : // Fiddlesticks sends out a dark wind that bounces between enemies up to 5 times.
So much lvl. 1 burst! Use this on 2 champions that stand near eachother (No minions nearby) and it will take huge chunks of their heal. Sadly this has lowest priority and will be maxed last. The silence is great in teamfights too. Aim for main AP carry (If they have one).
Tips and Tricks
- // Harrass with this in the first 1 - 4 lvls. Pretty nice damage if enemies are hit multiple times.
- // Late game this is a deadly spell to squishies. Use this in start to cancel their escapes or at the end to finish them off.
- // Boooring CD. Use it wisely.
Crowstorm : // Fiddlesticks teleports to nearby location and causes a murder of crows to flock around him, dealing damage for 5 seconds.
What we hate Fiddlesticks for. What we love him for. I just love this. It's the best ablity fiddle could wish for thx Riot! Thx! Now to be serious, this is a killer spell. In combination with Terrify and Drain You can easily gank bottom at lvl 6, to score First Blood. WHen it's cast, it's done, so try predict enemies movement, or if they will stand still.Tips and Tricks
- // At lvl 6 go gank bot. (I'll mention this later.)
- // Just like Death Lotus and Absolute Zero This CAN be interupted. Catch opponents offguard by using brush, walls n' stuff.
- // Tell your team you will gank! It's not fun crowstorming to 2 enemies while ur teammates are cluelessly farming. This could result you GIVE First Blood.
Fiddlesticks kit makes him an exceptional ganker and help to his team. (Combined with Slicing Malstorm and Idol of Durand would be so AWESOME!)
We will be maxing Drain at lvl 9 to lower the cooldown, (Nonstop drain) and because it's our main source of damage. Next, maxing Terrify will grant us 3 seconds CC, which is fantastic. Last Max Dark Wind. Take Crowstorm at 6,11,16 for obivious reasons.
Utilising Fiddlesticks kit in an effective way.
Lvl 1 Harrass
Dark Wind > Autoattacks
// At lvl 1 we only have Dark Wind so silence them, land a few AA's if possible, and the retreat.
Basic lvl 3 Combo
Dark Wind > Terrify > Drain
//Strong harrass combo, usable from lvl 3+.
Ganking Bot Combo
Crowstorm > Dark Wind > Terrify > Drain > Ignite
// In lvl 6, push lane abit, and then walk to bot. Stand in a brush or behind a wall and at the right moment use Crowstorm. As you arrive, throw silence at main target so they will have no chance to flash before they get feared. Just Terrify + Drain them to death. Ignite too if you want.
Dark Wind > Crowstorm > Terrify > Drain > Ignite
// You can start crowstorm first if you are hidden, or enemies have no CC ready. Else silence and then go rambo like lvl 6 gank.
Late game teamfights
Crowstorm > Dark Wind > Terrify > Zhonya's Hourglass > Drain > Ignite
// Phew that's alot. In late game, let's say you are the biggest threat and fed alot. ENemies WILL focus you when you arrive. BUT! Don't be afraid. Crowstorm in the fight (Team must follow) and then silence the highest priority target caster, then fear the carry, and pop Zhonya's Hourglass. The enemies will have no target and be in panic while taking major damage from your ultimate. WHen Hourglass ends, drain your teams target if safe, else if you get focused down, just Flash out.
Im not gonna explain every single item choice. Im gonna show you the CORE!
Rod of Ages A very strong choice, my preffered item to rush. Gives alot of HP, Mana, and AP.
Sorcerer's Shoes Nice Mpen, gives a large damage boost.
Zhonya's Hourglass Grab this after or before Rabadon Deathcap. Really gamchanging!
I will maybe make this better, with more choices n' stuff. But atm i feel the build in cheat sheet is enough.
Early Game 1 - 6
Pick Fiddlesticks and call out for top lane. Be sure to have some tankys and melee dps in team.
Now you can either go top and wait, or go to bot brush and try firstblood. If your team is Xin Zhao, Volibear and you, it could be good to go bot.
When playing top lane, look at minimap sometimes. The enemy can easily gank from behind. Last hit minions, and harrass your enemy. From lvl 2 - 3, you can be able to zone your enemy(Unless it's some guy with stun, knockup/knockback etc.) Just do you usual combo and retreat to lasthit.
Sometimes you may face some stupid enemys, thinking they are immortal Tryndamere, and goes 1v1 at you. This can score you First blood.
Keep farming. If bot is doing really poor, consider gank pre 6.
Now let's assume you hit lvl 6. You have the choice of staying your lane farming or ganking somewhere. If bot is dominating, 3/0/2 Xin Zhao And 2/1/3 Volibear who have pushed to enemy tower, just stay in lane. You can surprise you enemy with Crowstorm from brush.
Enemys will not go neartop lane brushes after Fiddlesticks reaches 6. So try go in the jungle, beneath top lane, and gank your opponent.
If bot is not pushed just go there and use combo in above section.
Mid Game 7 - 11
Yay midgame ^^ Now you should have scored a kill or two, and ahead of your opponent. I'm not gonna go very indepth in this section. It's just like..
The Enemy creeps
The enemy team, and win the teamfights
By lvl 9 go take Dragon, to give your team a nice boost in damage!
Late Game 12 - 18
A late game Fiddlesticks is a game changer, a beast, a carry. Stick to your team as you push through the enemy minions. Use the combos in above section.
Take dragon whenever it's up. Get the buffs in the upper jungle.
But most important: Catch your enemy OFFGUARD.
If you can succesfully kill a teammember, you have ~40 seconds where the game is 3v2. In these seconds, go push all you can, and pin down the remaining members.
Carry your team to victory, and win the game!
Fiddlesticks is an extremely strong 3v3 champion, who is able to carry a team. He is fun to play, and looks awesome ^^
This was my guide, i hope you enjoyed it :) I'm not done yet, will be adding more, but most importantly, to add more content and improve i need YOU! I need your vote, i need your comments to tell me what's wrong so i can improve.
And about video's i have been too lazy too update LolReplay from the bugged version (Bugsplat 24/7) so i will try get some videos soon.
Questions and Answers
Q: Fiddle is weak, he has a bad scaling only 45% of AP?A: Hehe, yes low scaling. But take a look at his skills. His Drain does some base damage + 45% of AP PER SECOND. FOR 5 SECONDS. 180 base dmg x 5 = 900 and 45x5 = 225!
So all his dmg skills, 225% of AP scaling :)
More coming :)
JhoiJhoi! Her awesome guide, about making awesome guides, and the fantastic line dividers. Check it out here!
MissMaw! For the banner, and some awesome help he/she gave me :)
Fiddlesticks-Season 3 Jungle: Post Freljord
S3 Fiddlesticks - Party doesn't start 'till I Crowstorm in!
By Ray The Guy
Fiddlesticks Support - Your Bidding, Master
FEAR BOT LANE! SUPPORT STICKS!