Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Master Yi with this build
|Nunu||Easy tank. Doesn't even have a CC that can stop you when you ult.|
Tactic 1 ------ First Clear Path
RED SIDE ---- Golem(smite) > Raptors > Wolves(smite) > Gromp > Back > Golem > continue
BLUE SIDE ---- Gromp(smite) > Wolves > Raptors(smite) > Golem > Back > Gromp > continue
Notice that you don't need to clear any buffs because you don't need them and it makes the second clear path having more experience, so that you will gain exp similar to your mid laner does, having level 6 earlier. For champions that requires ultimate to gank like Yi will gain greater benefits from this clear path.
Tactic 2 ------ Never underestimate yourself
Except champions that I have mentioned to have great early game, Master Yi should probably fight every fights that is in advantage such as low mana and low health junglers. The damage you dealt by E and dodging using Q is very strong towards mana consuming champions. Moreover Yi's passive is one of the best 1v1 passives among all champions, giving you more damage and on-hit effects. This is also one of the reasons why you don't easily give out red buff to any of your teammates just because you can benefit more than most champions.
Tactic 3 ------ Ganks
How to decide which lane you should gank and dive?
1. Does this enemy have escaping skills? Champions like Zed will be hard to gank because they always save their W to escape from ganks. You can try to wait till they use they escaping skills, rarely tho.
2. Can this enemy CC you under tower so that make you hard to kill him/her? Someone like Ekko may put down their stun zone under tower when they see you. If you simply go in, you may get counter gank and end up putting your laner into a sticky situation.
3. Is this enemy overestimating? People usually overestimate when they win that lane or simply pushing. If they are champions that do not have good escaping skills, they will easily be killed if they don't expect ganks.
4. Lastly, are your allies losing? Gank losing lanes. People tend to push when they are win, let the lane push towards towers when they are losing. Simple things that everyone do. Losing lanes are usually easier to gank because minions are being force into ally towers. Also, if your lane lose very badly, just take their kills, you getting fed is way better than they catching up. Remember, in low elo you should focus feeding yourself hard, not getting every people in your team winning for a bit.
Tactic 4 ------ Diving
1. Try not to Q in, walk in.
Alpha Strike makes you disappear from the map for around less than second (increasing with the number of enemies you hit, to a maximum of around 0.75 sec), which can makes you dodging any skills and damages, including point click skills and auto attacks, of course skill shot also. For example, when Morgana use her ult that targets on you, you can Alpha after around 2 seconds, the stun tick of Morgana's ult will be triggered while you are inside Alpha, causing you not a target anymore and escape from her stun. Every skills that have similar mechanics of locking on champions can dodge by a critical timing Alpha. So, save your Alpha.
Also, Alpha can reset the aggression of towers, making it redefines its target, letting your teammates or minions to tank some of the tower shots. It is also great for escaping from tower after diving, if you are tanking the tower. Which means one of the diving situation for Yi is "having enemy minions to let you Alpha out of tower".
For meditate, it can block 25/27.5/30/32.5/35% of tower damage and provide you a heal. Players normally use meditate to block 1 tower shot and immediately Alpha to other places.
Tactic 5 ------ AA reset
By using meditate between two consecutive attacks you can gain a bonus attack, but it is quite hard in high pings.
Ganking is like the most important thing for early game Master Yi. Once you get to 3/0 or 4/0, your dominance is pretty much set. Because of BOtRK and bloodrazor that gives you max health damage, lifesteal and attack speed, you will be an unstoppable monster that tries to find someone who are dare enough to 1v1 you, and of course, you will never lose to them, gaining you more kills and lead. people always under estimate the power of Master Yi, they think their early game is weak so they try 1v1 you. Show them your dominance by dodging all their skills and auto attack them to death.