Draven Build Guide by boozer
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
READ THIS BEFORE FOLLOWING BUILD
Without reading the guide completely there is a 90% chance of failure!@!@!@!@!@!@
Read the whole thing before testing things in game!
Draven is amazing if played right and after reading this you should be well on your way to being able to dominate with him in game.
The Builds: Ok so i have 3 different builds currently and if you check the second and third ones they dont have the full masteries skills or runes and here is why, with all three i would use the same for these and only thing changed would be the build itself.
next thing, the third build is for straight up damage output meaning your wanting tons of damage and not much survivability which can work but you have to be careful.
Second build, this is a decent damage build that gives some hp boost from frozen mallet which can help you in your troubles!
Updated the second team to have the masteries and runes just for the slower ppl >.>
Many of the items in each build can be switched for other items you find in the other builds, along with some of the order you buy them in, it all depends on preference and the circumstances you are put up against
Now that we have all that cleared up lets get started for the Guide!
Pros / Cons
+ Fun to play
+ pretty decent damage
+ Nice escapes
+ Whirling Death is global :D
- Squishy depending on buildD:
- spinning axe often makes champions run into death while trying to catch it
- Little cc
- if you mess up early game it can be hard to catch back up
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage + Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Since Draven IS a ad carry he will be doing attack damage which is increased by a very nice amount by using the following quintessences and Marks.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: Draven is a little on the squishy side so i choose these glyphs for him to help against any ap champs he has to go against
- Greater Seal of Armor: Just like the glyphs we have i choose these to keep him a little more damage proof except against ad champs.
Ignite: Very simple reason for this spell is that is gives that extra damage to win a fight or finish off an opponent either A: after you have died, or, B: After the enemy runs away with low hp
Flash: simple way to escape enemies when you need to which is extremely helpful when playing draven, flash and Blood Rush = fast escape
Ghost: helps for a faster getaway along with a extra boost to go along with his Blood Rush
Teleport: If you need to get to a lane quickly to save your turret, ally, or simply push you can teleport to a minion or turret from your lane or base to kill everyone and save your team :D
Cleanse: Cleanse is to get out of that nasty cc ppl will put on you to try and screw you over, Extremely helpful seeing as how draven is horrid when he has cc stacked against him
Abilities / Ability Sequences
- Wicked Blades :Draven's critical strikes deal 30 + (4 × level) bonus physical damage over 4 seconds. Spinning Axe also causes this effect even if it does not critically strike.
Basically makes the enemies take extra DoT if he crits them or if he hits them with spinning axe!
- Spinning Axe (Q) : Draven's next attack will deal bonus physical damage. The bonus is equal to a percentage of his total attack damage.
This axe will ricochet off the target high up into the air. So long as Draven catches it, Spinning Axe will keep applying to his next attack.
Cooldown permitting, Draven can have up to two Spinning Axes readied at once.
Cost: 45 mana
Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds
Bonus Physical Damage: 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 85 % of attack damage
When in game you will want this on as much as you can, this doesnt mean spam it as soon as you can but to choose good times to use it such as team fights and farming
DO NOT CHASE THE AXES 24/7 Know when you can and can't play smart but if its safe try to catch them as much as you can
- Blood rush (W): Draven gains increased movement speed for 1.5 seconds and increased attack speed for 3 seconds. The movement speed bonus decreases rapidly over its duration.
Catching a Spinning Axe will refresh Blood Rush's cooldown.
Cost: 40 mana
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Bonus Movement Speed: 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60%
Bonus Attack Speed: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
Use this Skill for the following, Chasing enemies away, running away, and to catch spinning axe, remember that if you catch a spinning axe with this ability up you get the cooldown refreshed on Blood Rush
- Stand Aside (E):Draven throws his axes, dealing physical damage to targets hit and knocking them aside. Targets hit are slowed for 2 seconds.
Cost: 70 mana
Cooldown: 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 seconds
Physical Damage: 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage)
Slow: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
This ability is draven's only real cc, it moves people to the side along with slowing them, this is good for seperating enemies from the rest of their group in team fights to help focus or to cc someone by slowing them for the chase / kill
- Whirling Death (R) : Draven hurls two massive axes in a given direction, dealing physical damage to every unit struck.
Upon reaching the edge of the map, striking an enemy champion or upon the reactivation of Whirling Death, the axes will slowly come to a stop before changing direction and returning to Draven: dealing the same damage to every unit struck on the way back.
Whirling Death deals 8% less damage for each unit hit, down to a minimum of 40%. The damage reduction resets when the axes reverse direction.
Cost: 120 mana
Range: GlobalCooldown: 110 / 100 / 90 seconds
Physical Damage (one hit): 175 / 275 / 375 (+1.1 per bonus attack damage)
Maximum Physical Damage (single target): 350 / 550 / 750 (+2.2 per bonus attack damage)
Minimum Physical Damage (one hit): 70 / 110 / 150 (+0.44 per bonus attack damage)
Minimum Phyiscal Damage (two hits): 140 / 220 / 300 (+0.88 per bonus attack damage)
Pretty self explanatory in my opinion xD mainly play around with it a bit and get used to how it works.
Ability Sequence Order
Get Q first and max it by 9, Why?? simple, the damage output on it is the best for fighting your enemies along with farming, especially when you get 2 of the spinning blades up.
W and E can be interchanged between which you get on lvl 2/3 but max w first for the att speed buff along with the movement speed.
E is more of a utility than anything else, it's mainly to slow and knockback so max it last.
and ofc get your ult everytime you can... obviously xD
RANDOM ENDING :P
Thats all I am going to say for now but if you have any thoughts, concerns, tips, or constructive criticism for the guide let me know in the comments thanks guys, I really hope this helps you guys
Draven by Velocity eSports Maplestreet
GrandmistressD's Draven - Hear That? Death's Knocking
Draven - Season 3 AD Carry (*New Videos)
Insightful Draven Guide [s3]