Build Guide by P.DiddyXD
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I have tried this build numerous times and i just love the new Hexdrinker; if you rush this item, it basically blocks Ignite and the early game ult-ganks (like kat ult) since it reduces nuke damage (that would take you below 30% max health) by 300 magic damage!
Also these items give good survivability and attackspeed-aggression. Plus the bonus of having banshees veil is that u gain more mana and health and another spell block! If you think that her passive gives her a max of 40% reduced cc, she is practically unstoppable by lategame! You can also substitute a madreds instead of starks if you want, incase they hav huge tanks like cho.
RUNES, MASTERIES & SPELLS:
For runes, all are atk speed runes (these are just fantastic on her!) except for blues which are cooldown reduction(since the bonus atk speed is so minimal and not worth the cost). I like the added cooldown because it lets you use ur ult all the time (like every 50seconds or so) to farm entire creep ways or just harass (since she does not have any range harass).
Masteries are basic 21/0/9 with added points in Ignite and Ghost.
As such, my fave spells are ignite and ghost; ignite because it helps prevent healing (which is a huge deal if you need to take down taric or likewise), plus u can gain some good kills with it. Ghost is a must for ganking or escapes, although if you like boots of mobility then you can exchange this for exhaust.
After trying numerous times, i still find the best skills to get are Hiten style (the yellow one that heals you and lets u do true damage!) and Equilibrium Strike (the red one that causes slow/stun and deals flat magic damage). Though Bladesurge sounds good, you gain far more ganking potential with maxing Equilibrium instead. Plus you can turn ganks around if you are on lowing health since Equilibrium will stun them for 2 seconds allowing you to destroy them with ur uber atk speed.
And of course max your ult Transcendent Blades at lvl 6/11/16.
Since you have sheen, you gain 100% bonus atk damage when you activate ur ability and attack (which is activated on-hit by nearly all her abilities, and is great when you hav cooldown runes).
So your attack sequence is: Q -> W -> E -> ult ult ult (inbetween your atks whilst your skills are on cooldown) -> Q -> E -> ult (+ ignite for finish! or catchup to them with ghost!)
Note that you get 4 blades to fling for your ult, and saving them all up is a waste since it is difficult to aim a good opponent who dodges well (i.e. not in a straight line). Plus if they are in ur face trying to fight you, you can always hit them and gain health while you fight. Make sure you save one ult incase they decide to flash out (but do try to use it before the timelimit ends).
- Sheen is awesome because you start with the extra mana which lets you spam Bladestrike for last-hitting minions. Plus this gives you huge burst damage if ur opponent is stupid and tries to dive you (make sure you make boots before you decide to be aggressive because she is rather squishy at the start).
- Berserker's Greaves gives her the added atk speed you need for the start (you gain heaps from runes so wont need much more until later since an AD irelia build is far better than AS build due to increased use of stuns). Although her passive will help prevent some cc, you cannot rely on it to save you from stuns! I recommend getting merc treads instead if ur vsing a stun-based team (sion+taric combo is death).
- Hexdrinker is a fantastic item which is being overlooked by a lot of people at the moment; it only costs 1800 but you effective gain AD for your abilities, MR to reduce magic damage and best of all you gain a 'shield' which absorbs 300 magic damage from nukes that would have taken you to less than 30% of your max health! This is brilliant at the start since it prevents many ults from finishing you off!
- Trinity Force is just amazing, it gives you the health you need to survive, AD, crit, movement, everything for attacking! Once you finish this you should hav no problems taking down anything except for the tankiest anti-melee tanks.
- Guardian Angel is a great finisher since it gives you some much needed armor and MR for a good price, and also gives a revive every 5 mins! For me its the only item with armor and MR for such a good price. This will probably be your last item, although if the game is really long then some of the items below will give you that extra punch.
- Stark's Fervor gives you massive lifesteal and atk speed! Great value for money! I dont like to rush this item because, as i said earlier, an atk speed irelia is too situation-dependent, especially when it comes to stuns. As such, beginning with burst damage, and supplementing with atk speed/lifesteal really does work. If you get this by late game you will definately be unkillable in 1v1.
- Phantom Dancer, extra crit, movement, damage = gg
- Banshee's Veil, the game is still going and you have so much money? Go ahead and get yourself another shield! (if you can hexdrinker as a 'shield'). Alternatively, if ur getting owned by mages, then forget guardian angel's and get this for your health and MR.
Irelia is a great champ, with similar aggressiveness to akali whilst having many differnt viable playstyles/builds. Anyway, hope you enjoy this build! Plz vote (and give comments, dont just down it) and remember that the item choices by midgame are upto u depending on what ur opponents build!
GL HF! :)