Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
WARNING: This build is not, by any means, "THE ONE". It's just one build that works for me. It's not for everyone.
Janna is an amazing asset to a team. She can solo a lane easily 1 on 1 with Howling Gale and Eye of the Storm, both of thoe will keep you alive long enough for you to get to safety. This build is more for early lane pushing and end game support. With high ability power, she can deal decent damage to champions that get caught in her Howling Gale or hit with Zephyr.
This Janna isn't a Champion killer, she's a strong support in keeping the team alive or allowing team members to escape safely.
- Because Janna is capable on her spells alone to get out of a gank safely, I personally don't find Flash necessary (great spell if you know how to use it well though).
- Janna's Zephyr naturally grants her movement speed and negates minion collision so I don't really find myself needing Ghost very often... if only to catch up to a dying enemy.
- The other spells don't really benefit my Janna too much except for Clarity and Heal wich will help in staying fresh in a lane longer than the enemy. (all depends on how you play I suppose).
I like to stay in a lane as long a possible to keep the enemy Champion on constant gaurd of the tower. This way puts them in a position to either ask for help and open up another lane for your teammates, recall back to heal/shop and leave the tower defenseless, or have them try to gank me and take me out but unless they do 3 vs. Janna, she will escape about 90% of the time.
- Can wipe a lane clean of minions with ease.
- Naturally runs the same spead as anyone with Boots of Speed.
- Has a damage absorbing spell.
- No creap collision.
- Mass healing/**** back.
- Gains Gold incredibly fast.
- Squishy like wet bread at low levels.
- Blows through mana quickly.
- Long cooldown on Eye of the Storm.
- Extremely vulnerable if silenced.
The items in this build are designed to build on her speed. While staying aware of the other players, I can make the call either to retreat quickly or help another lane if they need it. Bottom line, I want to get to where I'm going fast.
I threw Deathfire Grasp in the mix because it helps alot on those rogue champs that try to come up from behind. It doesn't say it in the item description but Deathfire Grasp has an activated ability that deals damage equal to 30% of the targets current health. Which helps to take down a tank quick.