Master Yi Build Guide by D4NK0
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
At first, I just want to welcome you at my Master Yi Guide.
To get a little overview here's a Screenshot from my Match History Page:
Pros / Cons
- Hard to kill, if you combine Flash and Highlander good (also he can Meditate)
- Highlander good for finishing enemys and going back wisly
- Can Meditate so he doesn't have to Recall that often
- Great Damage in Mid and Lategame
- It's always fun playing an AD-Carry ;)
- Is dying fast when he gets focused in Teamfights
- Needs lots of Last Hits in early game (Hard to lane against two ranged enemys)
- Stuns are your biggest enemy
My Rune-Build is to get Damage and Health per level and also more Attack Speed.
As Mark I use Greater Marks of Might so you get more Attack Damage per level, which is a boost of 22 Attack Damage at level 18.
As Seal I use Greater Seal of Vitality so you get more Life per level, and you don't die that fast.
As Glyphe I use Greater Glyph of Attack Speed to get more Attack Speed, which is very importent for Yi.
As Quintessence I use Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed to get 4,5% Movement Speed, which can really save your life sometimes.
- Finishing Enemys (if they ran in their own tower or base maybe)
- Less Healing
Pros for Flash:
- Safes your life if used over wall, out of tower range, ..
- Good for following enemys and finish them
Cons against Ghost:
- Like Highlander
- Nothing against a good Flash
Cons against Heal:
- Won't help if they really want to Gank or Kill you
- Allies just get 50% healing
Cons against Clarity:
- Better for AP Champions that need more Mana
- No need for it in early or mid game because you just use Alpha Strike ( and propably Highlander
Start jumping in the fight with Alpha Strike on the fokus target. Then use Wuju Style and Highlander to kill them fast and with a lot of Damage. After you killed an Enemy your Cooldowns will reset, so you can use Alpha Strike and Highlander to follow an other enemy who wants to run away from the fight or safe your own life by running away with Highlander.
At first I start with Dagger and a Health Potion for early laning, when I recall I finish my Beserkers Gloves. After that, start farming for the first Phantom Dancer, so you get even more Attack Speed. Buy Vampiric Scepter to you gain more Lifesteal. Build this up to The Bloodthirster. Next buy Infinity Edge so you get more Attack Damage, what will make you heal more per hit. At least buy another Phantom Dancer and Guardian Angel. It will help you not to die that fast ;) . If you see that you're dieing often and you don't have enough money and farm, buy Guardian Angel first and at least a second Phantom Dancer.
Another nice effect of your Items is your Critical Strike Chance with 85% and through Infinity Edge your Critical Strike's are dealing even more Damage, too.
Your Damage Items at the end are:
For Survivability you have: