Diana Build Guide by electricnumber9
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Diana is a beast, kind of OP and pretty easy to control after a few games.
I have seen a lot of silly builds where people stack her with AD, AS, even lifesteal or spell vamp... Diana doesnt really need any of this. All she needs is solid AP.
With this build you can take down most champs in one or two hits... the last game I played with her I started slow but by the end of the team could 1v3 (and did a couple of times) most of the enemy team.
Pros / Cons
- Can kill almost anyone quickly.
- Can Kill almost everyone quickly.
- Can score a penta within reason.
- Can get double or triple kills easily.
- Not really squishy, has a useful shield.
- Can hit whole groups of minions at once with good timing.
- Her passive is just awesome both jungling and in team fights.
- Enemy team will say "focus diana". (Good thing you have a sick shield.)
- You will probably accused of KSing fleeing enemies who would have otherwise flashed away.
- Will probably be nurfed once riot realizes she is more OP than Zara. (Zara + Shaco < Diana.... usually.)
- Can be a little slow at the start - she doesnt start out as OP but hits being OP about level 6.
- You will know you are OP and deserve a nerf.
- You will be right.
Creeping / Jungling
Start out at either blue or wolves - better blue with a good leash. Be cautious on the timing of your pale cascade as you move from camp to camp... popping health pots as you need them.
Clear both the blue and red side and tp back for a quick heal and continue to jungle preferably to level six.... however if you see a lane pushed to far... hit with your cresent strike from the bushes it can be effect ive tp into that lane with your pale cascade enabled and hitting enemies with your cresent strike for some early kills.
Dianas core items are Rylai's Crystal Scepter which allows her to slow fleeing enemies, Lichbane, which gives her a LOT of dammage in combat. Rabadon's Deathcap boosts her AP.
I like the cooldown from the tome... but her cooldowns are already low. You may swap that out with a Void Staff for more magic penetration or an Abyssal Scepter if you need magic resist.
The boots can be changed if you dont find yourself needing a lot of magic penetration. Ionian boots can make her cooldowns and ability to use her Lunar Rush just plain rediculess. I never bother with Mercury Treads on her but vs a team with lots of stuns I might take them.
Try to pass the wave of your Crescent strick through minions while landing on others. You should be able to just clear whole waves by level 9-10.
Diana is really best in team fights - hit as many enemies as you can with Crescent Strike... bouncing between them with Lunar Rush and enabling Pale Cascade to minimize dammage while injuring enemies. Use Moonfall to draw nearby enemies in and prevent escapes.
I ofeten use the final blow of my Lunar Rush to pick up a fleeing kill and position myself to grab other fleeing enemies from a team fight. If timed correctly this can almost always result in a triple kill, get one with Lunar rush, activating Pale Cascade if you need it... often by the time the last goes to run your Lunar Rush will be cooled down again.
In general - use your ulti to position yourself out of harms way where you can pick up more kills that would have otherwise escaped.
No doubt she will be nerfed... but for now she is an OP assasin and awesome jungler. :D
All she needs is AP. More to come...