Nocturne Build Guide by SiTe
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey everyone, i want to say you something about my favourite jungler - Nocturne. He was my first champion, what i buy :)
Pros / Cons
+Fast jungle clear and lane pushing
+Excellent duelist - fairly resistant to counter-jungling
+Fantastic ganker both pre-6 and post-6.
+All abilities can be used offensively and defensively
+Strong at all stages of the game, especially early-mid game
+High base damage and natural steroids allow for a tanky build
+Has the most awesome sounding abilities in the game
-Often focused without allied champion support
-Not as survivable as full tank champions
-Not a lot of natural CC, just a delayed fear
- Duskbringer and Shroud of Darkness may take some practice
to pull off consistently
- Paranoia has a short range at early levels.
Passive Umbra Blades - Nocturne's attacks are periodically enhanced, dealing physical damage to surrounding enemies for 120% of his attack damage and healing himself for 10 / 18 / 26 per enemy hit. Cooldown reduction does not affect Umbra Blades, but every basic attack reduces the cooldown by 1 second.
Q Duskbringer - ACTIVE: Nocturne sends out a shadow blade in a line that leaves a Dusk Trail on its path, dealing physical damage to enemies it passes through and causing enemy champions hit to also leave a Dusk Trail behind their movements for 5 seconds. While on the Dusk Trail, Nocturne ignores unit collision and gains bonus movement speed and attack damage.
W Shroud of Darkness - PASSIVE: Nocturne empowers his blades, permanently gaining attack speed.
ACTIVE: Nocturne creates a barrier that blocks the next enemy spell that hits him within the next 1.5 seconds. If Nocturne blocks a spell, the passive attack speed bonus is doubled for 5 seconds.
E Unspeakable Horror - ACTIVE: Nocturne creates a tether between himself and a target enemy and plants a nightmare into its mind, dealing magic damage over 2 seconds while the tether holds. If Nocturne remains within 465 range of the target for the full duration, it becomes feared.
R Paranoia - ACTIVE: Nocturne reduces the sight radius of all enemy champions and removes their shared vision for 4 seconds; this includes champions, minions, wards, towers, and Clairvoyance.
While Paranoia is active, Nocturne can activate it again to launch himself at a target enemy champion within range, dealing physical damage.
- This spell is absolutely necessary on every single jungler. If you think jungling without Smite is just as viable, you are mistaken. While performing a jungle route without Smite is certainly possible, Smite is invaluable for practicing and preventing counter-jungling. If you jungle without Smite, not only will your jungle be more difficult, but you can be easily counter-jungled by any competent enemy with Smite. You'll also lose all objective (baron and dragon) control for your team because the enemy jungler will have a 1000 true damage nuke that can be cast at range and you won't.
- Flash works wonders on every champion and Nocturne is no exception. Its multitude of uses in a variety of situations make it indispensable as a utility spell. You can use this spell for chasing, fleeing, initiating, ganking, juking, stealing buffs or dragon, and following another champion who uses Flash. Since Nocturne is a great diver, it helps to have an escape mechanism on hand in order to escape after you pick off a carry in a team fight. You might even net a few kills with it when following fleeing enemies who try to Flash to safety. I personally favor this spell, mostly for escaping over walls and flashing into (or out of) baron or dragon pit to steal. I would always take this over Ghost because Nocturne has Duskbringer's speed boost, but no way to blink over walls or close gaps at will. Flash fills a weakness in his kit while Ghost is a redundancy.
Creeping / Jungling
- Jungle item, that is give you AD, armor, lifesteal, great for start
700 health + 30 AD.. Great combination with Q and E, you slow them, they can't run you
AD, Attack speed, lifesteal.. great for quick minion kills. Let's make a farm !
500 health and 70 armor + nice passive - When hit by basic attacks, reduces the attacker's attack speed by 15% and movement speed by 10% for 1 second.
Great item for Nocturne. Great passive -
Passive: Damage dealt by this item benefits from life steal.
Unique Passive - Cleave: Your attacks deal up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target as physical damage (185 range), decaying down to 20% near the edge (385 range).
This you will buy, after you sell Lantern, this item give you 60 AD and 40 MR. Passive is too great:
Unique: Grants +1 attack damage for every 2% of missing health, capped at 35 Attack Damage.
Unique - Lifeline: Upon taking magic damage that would reduce health below 30%, grants a shield that absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds (90 second cooldown).
Thx for reading :) This guide isnt completed, i will complet it in next days, say me, what you want to know from me about this guide, what in this guide is missing.
Sorry for language bads.