Poppy Build Guide by Nebelwolfi
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Welcome to my Tutorial for Poppy.
I posted this because I looked through all the Guides on Poppy but I didn't find a single one to be perfect.
I've tested this builds in many battles and it always rocked.
Legend of Poppy
While other young yordles would play skip-step and make wreaths out of braided posies, Poppy was earning calluses and grease stains in her father's armor shop. Blomgrun was a well-respected armorsmith, and he named his daughter for the sprightly sounds that accompanied the sparks leaping from his ever-burning forge. He was filled with pride when she was first able to lift his trusty hammer, Whomper. One day, Blomgrun was comissioned to create a glorious helm for a Demacian general. Word of the charge was leaked to the Noxian High Command, and two of their best spies ambushed Blomgrun's caravan en route. Though Poppy escaped with the helm, she helplessly watched as her father was slain. Instead of fleeing home, she carried the helm to Demacia alone. When the Demacian general saw the grim determination behind the tears in her eyes, the general requested that the leadership of Bandle City appoint Poppy as the yordle ambassador to Demacia. Soon after, seeking to crush Noxus with her father's hammer, Poppy volunteered for the League of Legends.
Poppy may be small, but Whomper - or her will - is not.
Pros & Cons
- Can towerdive like a boss.
- Can (and will) do massive! damage
- Can carry like a boss.
- Can be difficult to kill, escpecially in teamfights, due to her passive + ultimate.
- Sick chaser, due to her high movement speed, with Phantom Dancer + Paragon of Demacia
- Poppy is a bad farmer
- You will have a slight problem against the harrasment of ranged champions
- If you have a laning partner which is badass you will loose your lane in less than 20 minutes..
This build will allow you to push your enemies into your tower or push them away from their towers with your Heroic Charge at low levels. This can bring you - in combination with Surge and Ignite - the first blood.
Due to the fact that Poppy is not a good farmer it is highly important to get kills in the laning phase. You should try to catch the enemies in your towerrange to set up a kill. If you can, charge them into a wall and try to kill them. Surge will help you here, and that is why I prefer that summoner spell over others. Try to get a decent farm (Learn to be a good last-hitter) and recall when you can buy Executioner's Calling. You might want to grab Blue Buff in order to farm better (Then you can use your spells to farm a bit more minions.)
You can also help gank mid with your summoner spells, if the enemy mid champion is on relatively low HP. Diplomatic Immunity will furthermore allow you to kill your enemy in tower range without getting damage done by the tower.
Here I will state why you should choose this items and not others.
This will give you some Lifesteal for the early game so you don't need any potions and also some crit chance. The best thing on this is that it also gives an instant ignite and you won't have your enemy run away with 20 life left anymore.
This is the most important item. It will give you lots of attack speed, critical chance and movement speed. If you have two of those they will incredibily raise your movement speed, in comination with your Paragon of Demacia up to 530. This is a really needed item for AD Poppy.
This item will boost your damage like a boss! You will be able to crit so ****ing hard, that you can 3-shot a squishy! Not much more to say. This item is very expensive but in teamfights you will easily get a triple kill with this.
Great item, especially if you don't die that much. With The Black Cleaver to remove the armor, you will tear enemies apart with the (perhaps) +100 AD. A nice finishing item in games, where you are fed and don't have troubles staying alive.
Nice item to tear one's armor apart and make him one higher crit hit than the one before was. Not always needed, but good against (tanky) enemies!
Any damage dealt to Poppy that exceeds 10% of her current health is reduced by 50%. This does not reduce damage from structures.
- Awesome passive, especially for those those massive damage single target spells like Sion's stun, Veigar's ulti, Karthus' ulti etc. It will really help you survive in teamfights, and also in laning phase, where you might be struggling a bit. However, don't play overaggressively, it does not instantly save your ***, it is just a passive, that makes Poppy more tough.
Poppy crushes her opponent, dealing attack damage plus a flat amount and 8% of her target's max health as bonus damage. The bonus damage cannot exceed a threshold based on rank.
Poppy crushes her opponent, dealing attack damage (+60% of ability power) plus 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 and 8% of her target's maximum health in bonus damage. The bonus damage dealt cannot exceed 75 / 150 / 225 / 300 / 375.
Cooldown 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 seconds | Cost 55 mana | Range 600
- This ability really hurts - also on tanks. Charge at your enemy and use this afterwards. That will do sick damage, especially if they hit terrain, so that Poppy does extra damage(The whole combo, due to the devastating blow. However, you should target squishees in teamfights and get those carries down. This will do more damage with AP, but I like AD Poppy the best, since I find AD Poppy to be a somewhat better carry. With CD-reduction you can almost spam this spell and do massive damage in teamfights.
Paragon of Demacia
Passive: Upon being hit or attacking an enemy, Poppy's armor and damage are increased for 5 seconds. This effect can stack 10 times. Active: Poppy gains max stacks of Paragon of Demacia and her movement speed is increased for 5 seconds.
Passive: Upon being hit or attacking an enemy, Poppy's armor and damage are increased by 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 for 5 seconds. This effect can stack 10 times.
Active: Poppy gains max stacks of Paragon of Demacia and her movement speed is increased by 17 / 19 / 21 / 23 / 25% for 5 seconds.
Cooldown 12 seconds | Cost 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana | Range 600
- LOOK AT HER GO! Poppy can run insanely fast with Trinity Force + Phantom Dancer and this spell active. No one will get away (Except maybe Yi and Kassa), and with Ghost as one of the chosen summoner spells, you should be able to chase more than 90% of the champions in the League. The passive scales well with the huge amount of AS this build provides Poppy. 35 damage and 35 armor will help you alot, especially in 1v1 fights. Use this for chasing and getting an advantage in fights. You can also try to use this to set up your Heroic Charge, by positioning yourself better with the improved movement speed.
Poppy charges at an enemy and carries them further. The initial impact deals a small amount of damage, and if they collide with terrain, her target will take a high amount of damage and be stunned.
Poppy charges at an enemy and carries them for a short distance. The initial impact deals 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+40% of ability power) magic damage. If they collide with terrain, her target takes 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+40% of ability power) magic damage and will be stunned for 1.5 / 1.5 / 1.5 / 1.5 / 1.5 seconds.
Cooldown 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds | Cost 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana | Range 525
- This ability combined with your Q-ability will do massive damage. In laning phase it can be a good idea to buy a ward and put it in the bush, if the enemies hide in the bush alot. Then you can charge them into the terrain and stun them. If you and your laningmate communicate well it will often grant you a kill - this takes a bit of time to master. In teamfights you should try to stop the carry from killing you team, by charging him/her with your Heroic Charge + Devastating Blow, then exhaust him/her and try to get a kill. You can also use it to get AoE ultis away from your team, like Fiddle's Crowstorm and to stop Nunu's Absolute Zero.
Poppy focuses intently on a single target, dealing increased damage to them. Poppy is immune to any damage and abilities from enemies other than her target.
For 6/7/8 seconds, Poppy is immune to any damage and abilities from enemies other than her target.
In addition, Poppy's attacks deal 20 / 30 / 40% increased damage to the marked target.
Cooldown 140 / 120 / 100 seconds | Cost 100 mana | Range 900
- This ability is Poppy's bread and butter in teamfights. For 6/7/8 seconds only one enemy champion can damage you. This gives you something to think about. You can either use it on the enemy carry and take him/her out with your abilities and exhaust, so they will lack damage in the teamfight. Or you can use it on their tank, who can't really damage you that much, so you will have tons of survivability, but no increased damage on their squishees. You are vulnerable to CC, so Mercury's Treads are important when you fly around like a killing machine in teamfights, if the enemy team has a lot of CC. It is also really useful for towerdiving, since you are immune to turrets. This ability makes Poppy one of the best towerdivers in the game. You will learn to time this ability as you play Poppy more and more, but you shouldn't waste any seconds, so don't use it before an initiate. Try to figure out, who to use it on when the fight has started. Either take out a fed enemy, by boosting your damage with 20/30/40% extra damage on that target and then focus it down, or you can charge around on different enemies to create chaos in their positioning.