Warwick Build Guide by Bannyus Borghina
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Baanyus Borghina as Warwick
Not Updated For Current Season
Introduction...the core abilities
Hello, this is my 1st guide on Warwick, a champion that is in my opinion very tough and can be very difficult to kill. I also see Warwick as a champion who - thanks to his attack speed - has a role in your team of destroying turrets - a very important strategic role indeed - apart from being a jungler.
In his build I concentrate on some core abilities, that make him a super super tenacious meele fighter, and a dread for opposing champions on 1 on 1 fight :-). These abilities are:
- Life steal
- Attack speed
- Movement speed (maybe less so, this comes from blood scent passive ability)
Please note that already at level one he has 9% life steal, on top of his innate eternal thirs ability!
I know that 99% of the players choose an escape ability plus ignite. This is different for my build as I use Ignite and Exhaust, these work very nicely with Warvick as you will see in my 'killing tactics' chapter.
Whenever you can, upgrade his ulti. I always start with hungering strike, then second I choose hunters call. Third, one point in blood scent. Then I simply advance hungering strike and hunters call parallel, these are the core abilities for Warwick. Simple, blood scent has the lowest priority and as I mentioned, whenever you can, upgrade infinite duress.
killing tactics, sequences
I concentrate on increasing the difference of attack speed between me and my prey. With this build, most opposing 1 on 1 champions will have a miserable time dealing with the werewolf...lets see...
1. Infinite duress. Jump on your target.
2. Now you have 1.8 sec to comfortably reach for your ignite spell and set your poor opponent on fire.
3. As soon as you jump off your prey, immediately cast hunters call. This lasts for a very long 10 secs so you can be sure that it will last for the full duration of the fight!
4. Right after you activate hunters call, the next thing to do is to exhaust your opponent. The exhaust lasts for 2.5 secs and this is typically the most miserable 2.5 secs for your victim as you will be striking him 3-4 times faster than he can attack you... indeed, after this your opponent will typically start to flee. It also helps that - because I have 1 point in Summoners Wrath - during this exhaust, your prey's magic resist and armor drops 10 points.
5. Hopefully, you have some points in blood scent so he cannot run away from you...hunt him down...now its a good time to cast hungering strike on him as he flees that will probably finish him off...
So as you see I recommend to always mix hunters call and exhaust, cast hunters call 1st.
Berserkers Greaves - brings you up to standard speed plus gives you the much needed attack speed boost.
Thornmail - this is just such a gem for Warwick, plus its not very expensive! It is immensely valuable in fights, try it!
Spirit Visage - it increases your self healing and life steal abilities by 20%
The Bloodthirster - I like this more than the Sanguine blade as the stacks stay and indeed can make Warwick a "ripper" :-)
Frozen Mallet - again, our goal is to max. our attack speed versus the attack speed of our opponent, and this baby does just that!
Nashor's Tooth - gives you AP for your hungering strike plus an always welcome boost in attack speed!