Miss Fortune Build
Hurt things really bad
The Triforce special
Not Updated For Current Season
About Miss Fortune
They murdered her base AD. She now has the 3rd worst base AD in the game, and THE worst AD/LVL in the game. BY FAR.
Never fear. As hearbreaking as this is, it can definitely be worked around. And so I present to you:
What can you do to compensate for your garbage base AD?
Build AD - You scale extremely well with lots of AD.
Get ahead - The preseason meta is extremely fast paced. You need to make the late game come to you AKA get lots of gold. You're very very item dependent.
Learn to use Love Tap efficiently - Regular auto attacks kind of tickle until you get items, whereas Love Tapped autos hurt. More on this later.
Stay with your buddies - Rito tailored your kit to be more effective against multiple opponents. If you get lots of items, you can kill people solo really quick, but otherwise, you're not an incredible duelist.
Pros / Cons
-Good in lane.
-Excellent late game. Mucho attack speed and tower damage.
-Can do lots of damage to multiple opponents in team fights using abilities and auto attacks.
-Built in Boots of Mobility come in handy. Time is everything.
-Potential to kite pretty well using Make it Rain.
-You don't have the option to jump into the middle of the enemy team and kill yourself.
-Very low base AD.
-Lacks a dash/blink/etc.
-Mana-hungry. RIP mana potions.
-Burns easily in the sun. She's a ginger.
So in this patch, E max is apparently the way to go. Easy Thunderlord's procs combined with the increased slow per level make it pretty annoying to play against, especially if the enemy doesn't have a dash or blink. Due to heavy nerfs to Miss Fortune's all in potential, (EX: Lower attack speed + lower health), E max seems to fit her new style of sitting back and poking. More points in E makes it harder for the enemy to engage. Maxing Q second is still decent, but W scales better into mid-late game.
Q is basically your early game ability, but since it's strong enough with one point, you don't really need to max it first.
That being said, maxing Q first is still fine. Although most of the damage is in the AD scaling, the bounce damage will go up a fair bit, and the cooldown will be incredibly low. If you like chunking half of someone's health with dirty bounces, go ahead.
I feel like there's no 100% proper order in which to skill your abilities this patch. It'll probably be better to max Q after Thunderlord's is nerfed.
Whenever Miss Fortune basic attacks a new target, she deals 0.6 - 1.0 times her attack damage (at levels 1-18) bonus physical damage.
Love Tap deals 50% damage to minions and turrets.
- Awesome for last-hitting. If you didn't have this, you'd be about as adept at last hitting as a mage. Try not to forget how to last hit without it though.
- Works on turrets. W00t!
- It's basically a critical strike at level 18. Makes you a pretty bursty champ.
- Love Tap management is key, especially in laning phase and team fights.
- Makes your waveclear better. If you wanna push a wave more quickly, make sure to switch your target every auto attack in order to proc Love Tap every time.
- Don't get caught up on switching between champions every time you auto attack in a fight. If you're just poking and they're not hitting you back, but there's no real chance at a kill, go ahead. In a fight, if you're chasing or kiting back, you'll generally want to be killing one target at a time in order to eliminate threats. They're sure to kill you first if you can't focus fire properly.
Miss Fortune fires a shot at an enemy target which deals 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 (+0.85 per attack damage) (+35% of ability power) physical damage before bouncing through her target to an enemy behind it, dealing 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+1.0 per attack damage) (+50% of ability power) physical damage.
If the first hit kills an enemy unit, the second hit deals 150% damage instead. Both hits apply on-hit effects.
- It procs Love Tap. - Important.
- This ability is so nasty for poking. Bounce it off of minions to chunk out your lane opponent or prime them up for an easy kill.
- Can be hard to hit the second bounce. Learn the bounce angle well. It used to be wider. RIP.
- That being said, mana potions were removed from the game. It's so easy to q spam and burn through all your mana. Play smart and make sure you'll hit the bounce as often as possible. Don't spray and pray.
- Doubling up off of a dying minion does hella damage, but don't be too picky, it still does a lot of damage if you don't get the bonus damage.
- Cheeky little poke combo: Auto champion - Q minion so that it bounces to champion - back off. Works great when the enemy is backing away from the creep wave in lane for whatever reason.
- Q champion so that it bounces - auto champion. This only works when the distance between the champ and the bounce target is short, or there's no time for your Love Tap to reset.
Passive: After 5 seconds of not taking direct damage, Miss Fortune gains 25 movement speed, ramping up to 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 after 5 additional seconds.
Active: Miss Fortune instantly gains the maximum movement speed bonus as well as 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 % attack speed for 3 seconds. Love Tapping increases Strut's attack speed duration by 1 second (2 seconds against champions).
- Provides a pretty good attack speed steroid. Be aware of when it wears out, or else you'll just be running around like an idiot wondering why you can't auto-attack.
- You can't extend the duration of this ability past 3 seconds. In other words, the maximum "leftover" duration of the ability is 3 seconds. You could technically preserve the buff forever if you have enough targets to attack.
- Good for pushing waves, especially in conjunction with Love Tap. Basically activate W, then attack a different minion every time to prolong the steroid.
- Great for killing towers, especially in optimal situations. (Alone with an enemy creep wave.)
- Method 1: Get lots of Cooldown Reduction. Activate W. Attack turret. Use Q on the creep wave to extend the duration of W. The tower should die before your W runs out.
- Method 2: Activate W. Attack turret. Attack minion. Attack turret. Attack minion... You get the idea.
- So your movement speed serves multiple purposes.
- It's your version of staying safe. You can be in and out of the action, baiting skillshots like a pro, and not take a hit.
- It can be easy to just walk up and poke your lane opponent.
- Map mobility - You'll rotate a lot faster than most champs. Also, getting back to lane so you don't miss creeps is easy. You've got bigger windows to go back and quickly buy items.
- If you're running away, and someone's on your tail, but your passive movespeed is down, don't forget to hit W to activate it again if you think it'll help you escape.
Make it Rain
Make it Rain
Miss Fortune fires hundreds of bullets into the air which rain down at a location after 0.5 seconds, dealing 90 / 145 / 195 / 255 / 310 (+80% of ability power) magic damage over 2 seconds and slowing enemies hit by 28 / 36 / 44 / 52 / 60 % for .25 seconds. This slow is refreshed if enemies stay within the area.
- Simple ability, but can be very handy.
- Put it in between your opponent and their destination. Make it Rain will make it very hard for the enemy to engage on you.
- If you don't quite have the damage to last hit under tower, you can sprinkle this on the enemy creep wave, and lower their health so you can last hit them when the tower's done doing it's thing. That is if you've only got one or two points in it.
- If you've got a Leona or something and they engage, you can use it to follow up on the CC train so you can catch them and kill them.
- Combos splendidly with Bullet Time
- Can now be used for harass due to Thunderlord's. Preferably in conjunction with Double Up and auto attacks. It'll proc Thunderlord's after 3 ticks of damage. Easy.
- If you max it, you can put it on a creep wave, and the creeps will all drop to around 1 auto attack's worth of health.
Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her every .25 seconds for a 3 second duration, dealing (+0.75 per attack damage) (+20% of ability power) physical damage per wave. She fires 12 / 14 / 16 waves in total and each wave will deal physical damage to all enemies caught in the area. Each wave of Bullet Time can critically strike, dealing 120% damage.
- Incredible scaling with AD and Crit. If you've got about 400 AD, you can get up to about 5000 damage in a huge AOE.
- Great for finishing off enemies who are running away.
- Good idea to pop this in a duel when your other abilities are on cooldown.
- DON'T BE AFRAID TO CANCEL IT EARLY IF YOU NEED TO!
- Try and position yourself as far away as possible from the action.
- Reason 1: You need to stay safe. This thing channels for three seconds, and you don't wanna get interrupted when channeling this monster.
- Reason 2: The AOE is bigger further away.
- Wait for the enemies to blow their hard CC before you use it. There's not much worse than ulting for half a second and getting silenced by a Blitzcrank or something.
- Such a cool looking ability.
Fancy New Items
Infinity Edge. This item has had its AD reduced a fair bit. The only reason you'd buy this item over something like Essence Reaver is for the damage multiplier. The extra 645 gold you need to spend on top of the component items simply isn't worth it until later in the game when you've got more stats. So what I like to do, and what I've seen people do, is go B. F. Sword/ Pickaxe into Zeal item, then finish the Infinity Edge when you've completed your Berserker's Greaves. Zeal gives the same amount of crit chance as Cloak of Agility with the added bonuses of attack speed and movement speed, making for a nicer little power spike.
Essence Reaver. If you're looking for cooldown reduction, this'll probably be your go-to item. The new and improved Essence Reaver gives the same amount of AD as Infinity Edge, but with crazy pretty crazy benefits. You'll be building 20% crit as a second item more cases than not, as it'll provide you with 30% CDR total when you get your Zeal. If you want Bullet Time to be every time, buy this. Careful spamming Double Up too often, as it can kind of mess with your enormous attack speed boost if you're sloppy at animation cancelling like me most days. This just in - when you crit with your ult, this item will refill your mana.
The Bloodthirster. This is now your "high AD" item, as it gives the most AD in the game once again, tied with Ravenous Hydra which you won't be building. Ever. Since Miss Fortune loves AD so much, this is a pretty legitimate first item, depending on your preferences and situation. Obviously pretty crazy sustain for as long as you can auto attack, and it really helps you survive in skirmishes and duels. If you're worried about being bursted down, the shield is really nice. Love Tap benefits from lifesteal, so that's really good news. I've always loved lifesteal.
Death's Dance. Pretty lackluster item on Miss Fortune in my opinion. Essence Reaver gives more cooldown reduction. The Bloodthirster gives more lifesteal. Both give more damage. There aren't very many situations where you'll be just dying to get a heal off on your Bullet Time. It could be put to use in an in your face lifesteal stacking build due to the pseudo-damage-reduction passive. Paired with Phantom Dancer maybe. I'm totally trying that. Not an incredibly expensive item.
Youmuu's Ghostblade. The active gives a lot of attack speed, considering how much AD this item gives. The flat penetration has gotta be nice, since Last Whisper only works on bonus armor, and no one seems to be playing any tanks. I've actually been rushing this in my past couple of games and it seems to be working out well. 3200 gold is cheap as hell and it gives soooo many stats. Lack of crit is the only downside.
The Black Cleaver. Classic. Miss Fortune's Bullet Time will stack this almost instantly on every champion on the enemy team. Neat. If you're getting carried by several high damage AD champions, buy this 100%. If you're having trouble burning down and extremely high armor front line, buy this after Lord Dominik's Regards. I'd probably never rush this item unless I was being goofy. Just doesn't give quite enough damage alone. The movement speed on this is hilarious if you've got your Strut passive up.
Lord Dominik's Regards. The new go-to tank shredder. Great against armor stacking. Great against health stacking. So it's basically useless, because everyone's playing full damage champs this preseason LOL. Buy it if they have a tank you need to kill though. That's all I really need to say I think.
Mortal Reminder. Inferior to Lord Dominik's Regards in most cases. If the enemy's got a rampaging Dr. Mundo, Swain, Riven (with tons of lifesteal), etc, go nuts. DON'T buy it against Soraka, as the healing reduction only works on SELF-healing. If for some reason you're constantly dueling an enemy ADC with The Bloodthirster and you feel like you need grievous wounds to beat them, then you shouldn't be dueling the enemy ADC, because that means they're ahead of you. If you were even or ahead of the enemy ADC, it wouldn't be a duel. It would be a 3-shot.
Statikk Shiv. This was nerfed in patch 5.23, awwww. Still great for enhancing your burst and wave clearing. The passive crits along with your auto attack. Yay crits!
Rapid Firecannon. The passive does a little more base damage than Statikk Shiv and works on turrets! A little more movement speed and a little less attack speed. The long range on the passive is excellent for chunking off someone's health for free at the beginning of the fight. Leaves you more room to kill an approaching bad guy before he gets to you. Great for sieging.
Phantom Dancer. More expensive than its counterparts. More attack speed. A lovely item to counter assassins due to the damage reduction. As nice as it is, Statikk Shiv and Rapid Firecannon work for you to push a lead better by killing basically everything faster. Only get Phantom Dancer if there's someone really wanting to kill you (and succeeding).
Runaan's Hurricane. If this reset your Love Tap, I would buy it every game until the day it got nerfed. Sadly it doesn't, so there's no real reason to buy this on Miss Fortune aside from lifestealing faster. The only on-hit effect item you'd be able to synergize this with is Blade of the Ruined King, which was nerfed, and would leave poor Miss Fortune with next to no AD. The waveclear doesn't really outshine Statikk Shiv in the least.
Blade of the Ruined King. Wah wah wahhhhhh... Doesn't give enough AD. Doesn't do as much %health damage as it used to. Lord Dominik's Regards does the same job way better, and does so with not only your auto attacks, but with Bullet Time as well. Not even Vayne seems to like this item lately. Once again - tanks are out of the meta. If the enemy has like 3 champions with only Warmog's Armor, Frozen Mallet, and Sterak's Gage, then you're allowed to buy this.
Trinity Force. Sorry to all those Triforce MF lovers. With Miss Fortune's base AD taking a long walk off a steep cliff, this item went with it. The Spellblade passive will only hit for like 100 damage at all points in the game. It gives less attack speed than it used to. It's hella expensive and still has a pretty weird build path. Not even Jax seems to like this item anymore. You might buy it for the extreme synergy with Essence Reaver, but it's really not worth it. That being said, it is loads of fun getting movespeed masteries, a Trinity Force, and kiting people around at mach 6.
If you've got any additional questions, don't hesitate to message me, and I will answer them personally. I even did a Miss Fortune 1v1 with a guy. Let me know if you actually sat and read the whole thing. Please vote and comment.