Not Updated For Current Season
This is just my simple item guide for Ryze. Ryze is a character that NEEDS mana. His Ability's even work off mana and I want to show you what items to maximize your damage.
The Skill Tree is just an example one, I use that one for all the cool down bonus and bonus exp. Mostly all the Util's.
Some items that I choose mainly boost mana A LOT. I would suggest that you start off with a mana gem. Upgrade that to a tear. The point of ryze is to get AS MUCH MANA AS POSSIBLE. You may be thinking "Why did you get Manamune?", I got that because it helps a lot at the begging of the game for farming. It also helps during end game due to the fact it add's 1 mana for every attack and 4 for every spell casted to a maximum of 1000 mana. That combined with Archangel's Staff gives you 2000 bonus mana which is 200+ damage on your spells! Amazing isn't it. I choose Trinity Force because usually by the time you get the money to buy this item the game is already over. I just threw it in because it add's mana, attack speed, and move speed and it's got a great Passive. By the time the end game comes around, each one of your spells should be doing 700+ and have 50-70% cool downs so you can spam like mad.
Pros / Cons
- Extremely powerful nuker end game.
- Usually gets first blood if you harass them enough.
- Extremely good stun that helps team mates.
- Can backfire a gank. I solo gank the gankers.
- Extremely Squishy early to mid game. Not much HP to take hits.
- Weak to stuns. When Ryze becomes stunned he's pretty much a sitting duck.
- Sometimes it's hard to farm properly.