Harass Queen - Support [Concis
Must Buy Always
Against Squishies / Low mobility
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Zyra with this build
|Janna||Very funny matchup. If you see the Janna just waiting for her Q to load, pressure her, since it means the Janna is not experienced. Use ult to lock her down.|
|Soraka||Now that Soraka is nerfed, so not fear! No more Q harass. Lock her down immediately with EWQ combo.|
Hey guys! I'm Dan, and I just love Zyra! I never ever get bored when I use her, so I'm now a Zyra main! Try her out, and by following this guide, I assure you that you will feel more confident and will have a fantastic experience!
But why would I play such a nerfed and under represented champion?
1. She has tonnes of unexpected damage
2. With Liandry and Rylai combo, you can always run away
3. Her plant pets are just one-of-a-kind (except Heimerdinger's turret's likeness)
4. She is a plant goddess.
So thanks for reading this guide, and I hope you'll enjoy her!
Also, this guide is designed to be CONCISE, so I'll only tell you the most important information!
Zyra - Plant Goddess
So how do you play Zyra?
Firstly, you need to know what she does (Pro's Con's)
1. Long range (525) harass
2. Exceptional damage output
3. 5 man snare, 5 man AOE, 5 main ult
4. Underestimated potential
5. Fun and very interesting
2. Very slow
3. Low AP scalings
4. Very unfortunate ult
Now, for her abilities, you will need to know their base damages, AP scalings and cooldowns. To see this, check the other build on this guide - Detailed Zyra guide.
Combos and Playstyle
Your basic combo revolves around your ability to use your E to snare someone. You have three situations:
1. Successfully E ed someone. Then, follow quickly with WQWR. You should be able to get a kill.
2. Unsuccessfully landed E - don't worry, try again later. Or run if the opponent has a gap closer.
3. Don't use E - you can use WWQ to deal damage, and then E then ult.
This is you basic combo. If someone is low health, use E then QWW to stop them escaping.
Tips and Tricks Pre Level 6
To be concise and so I won't waste your time, when you are pre level 6, this is what you should do:
1. Stay and move around in bush. If the enemy crosses river line, stay in your bush (closer to your tower). If you are pushing, stay in their bush and move.
2. Whenever you get a chance, auto attack the closest opponent, normally support (if they are melee). Run quickly away into bush since minion aggro.
3. Use E (Snare) to root opponents. If you miss, don't worry, try again later. If you snare them, quickly use W on the position where they where snared, and use Q on them.
4. A missed E is fine, go back to auto attack harass and E later.
5. If you are on low health, recall if you used all your biscuits.
6. Always use one seed for warding (river bush), and leave one in your inventory. Never play with 0 seeds.
Tips and Tricks Level 6
When you reach level 6, you are extremely strong. Follow these steps to get the most out of your power spike:
1. Search map. If you see a possible kill, assist the person by using EWQR combo. This way, they will be snared, 2 plants are seen, and your ult secures the kill.
2. Quickly run to bush in bot lane. When chance comes, use E. If successful snare, quickly cast WQR, and you should get kills if your ADC helps.
3. Immediately get Eye of the Watchers if you are at level 6 and get Oracles.
Tips and Tricks Mid - Late game
Once you have Liandry's and Rylai's, you literally have accomplished your goal. Follow the below tips to use these 2 items to its fullest:
1. If you are running away, do not engage, but rather put a Q plant closest to you. The plant's long range attack will slow down the enemy since Rylai's.
2. If you are chasing down an enemy, quickly cast WQ in order to allow Ryali's effect to work. The enemy will be slowed.
3. When you are warding, do not forget your seeds are also wards. Use this to your advantage.
4. You will be unexpectedly tanky after getting Rylai, Liandrys, Eye of Watchers (+900 total health), so engage if you feel it's right.
5. Sell Eye of Watchers and replace Oracles with Stealth Wards if you have excess money late game.