Sion Build Guide by Magehotty
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Oh here comes Sion, lets gank him...WTF WHY WONT HE DIE?! DID YOU SEE THAT!?
Sion + Crit + Ult = UNSTOPPABLE FOR 20 SECONDS.
Lets just say if you like healing for about 700 every hit at level 18, check out this guide.
Pros / Cons
- Can destroy the other team with his ult
- Powerful use of stun
- Damage is astounding
- 1 v 1, no one could take you.
- Great carry
- Shield is almost useless
- Very farm dependent at times
- Will be taken down FAST
I use Exhaust because it works so well with the stun, especially if your chasing somebody.
I also use Flash to either get away from fights OR to just catch up to somebody that gets away from everything! -.-
Mark - Armor Penetration, goes well against anybody trying to stack armor
Seal - Critical Strike Damage, must I say more?
Glyph - Critical Strike Damage, NEEEEDD MOARRR!
Quintessence - Armor Penetration and Attack Power for the extra boost of damage you put out.
Armor Penetration, Critical Strike Chance, Critical Strike Damage, Extra Damage in general. Why wouldn't you want to go this Mastery build as Face Melter Sion?
- Cryptic Gaze - Blasts a single enemy, dealing 70 / 125 / 180 / 240 / 300 (+100% of ability power) magic damage and stunning for 2 seconds.
- It does decent damage even without AP and it is a long stun. In 2 seconds, more than half there health is gone. Stun lock equals death.
- Death's Caress - Sion surrounds himself with a shield which absorbs 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 / 310 (+100% of ability power) damage. If the shield is not destroyed in 10 seconds, it will explode, dealing 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 / 310 (+100% of ability power) magic damage to surrounding enemies.
Cast again after 4 seconds to manually detonate.
- SHIELD = DYING SLOWER! Well, this ability is just used to survive that extra second. 310 damage shields don't last long, but they sure do come in handy. Better for an AP build, but still good.
- Enrage - Toggle: Increase Sion's damage by 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65, and he gains 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 maximum health per kill.
- ALWAYS keep this on. There is no reason to not have it on. The damage boot is INCREDIBLE and the bonus health helps a BUNCH. Probably the BEST skill in his arsenal of amazingness, not including his long stun.
- ULTIMATE - Cannibalism - Grants Sion 50 / 75 / 100% lifesteal and 50% attack speed for 20 seconds, additionally Sion's attacks heal surrounding allies for 25 / 37.5 / 50% of damage dealt.
- THIS is why I find this build to only work on Sion. Used to increase Lifesteal to the most amazing levels. The criticals with this build and fully stacked Bloodthirster? YOUR UNBBEATABLE! The AoE heal to your team is just a bonus. Also if you kill their entire team and your low on health with a few seconds on your special, turn around and hit a few minions and get your health back up.
PASSIVE - - Feel No Pain - Sion has a 40% chance to ignore up to 30/40/50 damage each time he is attacked. The damage reduction is calculated before armor benefits are taken into account.
- And this is why he can take a decent amount of damage. 50 damage ignored when he is attacked, before armor, is great. This can save your life and will activate at the best moments. Best passive for Sion out of all the passives that I can think of...
R > E > Q > W
R is your ult, which is UNBEATABLE late game because you get soooo much health back
E you should have up ALL the time, basically doubles your damage and gives you max health on kill!
Q your stun will come in handy A LOT, either its chasing people to just staying alive.
W your shield could actually save you from a death!
If you are fighting their entire team, USE YOUR ULTIMATE and it could keep all your teammates alive! Also your stun could be just enough time for your team to DESTROY that champion.
In the beginning of the game, you MUST get your Enrage first and get as many last hit on minions as you can. (If you didnt know it maximizes your health)
Throughout the game...
You have to play pretty defensive until you get your ult. Once you get your ult, the lifestealing will keep you alive for the most part and end game you can initiate fights with it.
Also you should ALWAYS have your "Enrage" up. And as I said before, if you kill their entire team and your low on health with a few seconds left on your special, turn around and hit a few minions and get your health back up.
Please comment and tell me how this build worked for you. Tell me your record and vote at the top :) I hope this build has helped all people that like to play Sion or just want to try him.
I will probably be making more builds with other people shortly, comment below and tell me how i did!