Sion Build Guide by ePilgrim
Not Updated For Current Season
[TOP] (REWORKED SION)
Farm, Lane Return and Counter [RUSH!]
Finish Counter > Infinity > Complete core Co
Not Updated For Current Season
Wtf is "wurf"?
In League of Legends, it is a word you MUST type after being put in an impossible situation but still coming out of it even or ahead (at least one kill). It is believed that the origins of this prayer stems from the word "worth" and the combination of human stupidity and vanity. However it's history is long and winding... at least a month old. No one alive today even remembers why Summoner's sacrificed civilized behaviour to make room for such a concept but it is believed that saying the prayer leaches the souls and intellect of all enemy Summoners in the match which may provide a tactical edge, especially against ragers, pre-teens and ADC's.
STATS TO AVOID THAT ARE COUNTER-INTUITIVE (seem good but actually aren't):
*1 is worst, 5 is least worse
(1) Life Steal [caps at 100% & bruisers should not rely on Life Steal]
(2) C/D reduction
(3) Ability Power
(4) Mana Regen
(5) Attack Speed [cannot exceed or improve past 1.75]
Yes, yes, I know. It's a much-hated item to get at the beginning of the game because it's very unreliable. However, my play style includes getting at least one basic attack off on the enemy laner after I have used my W. Each hit is like a roll of the dice and once you hit a 150 after facerolling all your spells you'll see how you can easily compensate; especially if your runes give you additional crit chance early game. Either way; lose or win... holding your 1st tower is secondary to CS. If you're looking for a champion who will most likely win laning phase but get stomped on late game then pick Jayce. The main benefit of an early Brawler's Glove is not the stats it offers. It builds very quickly into an avarice blade and if you do well you can recall for the Avarice, potions and a ward (capitalizing on CS not PvP remember) after the first Siege minion (giving you time to purchase). Essentially, the Brawler Gloves are the BEST investment early game to capitalize on your late game potential and *that* is the fact that sells them. Even IF the enemy gets 3 kills on you early, the Avarice will generate ~1,000 gold which is the gold equivilent to 3 kills and a bit.
- The best way to improve the damage he does during his passives is CRITICAL CHANCE [unlock crits ASAP for "wurf." gameplay]
- ANY crowd control counters his passive entirely; Mecrurial Scimitar will remove stuns from you and make you sprint where as the Swiftness + Alacrity provides you with enough speed to catch up to fleeing targets as well as a strong counter-measure against slows.
- Movement speed is more valuable than A.D.
- Health items are strong but defenses are better. Sion will always decay at the same rate in his passive no matter how high his HP is. Capitalize on this fact by giving him a moderate HP boost with as much raw defense you can muster without interfering with his "wurf." build.