Build Guide by HeAt
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Twisted Fate Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Twisted Fate: Damage Master
Hey Everyone and Welcome to my Twisted Fate build.
*I will not be using pictures as they tend to mess up how the text is ordered, instead i will use color coding to make it more readable*
Pros and Cons
- Great DPS damage dealer
- Very mobile, as Destiny lets you get anywhere, with a pretty low cooldown
- Excellent Ganker
- Good stun OR AoE slow because of Pick a Card
- Great Farmer (thanks to Loaded Dice passive)
- Very Squishy
- An Overall Slow Hero
- Very Targetable in a Team Fight
- Difficult to Position (Shorter Range)
How To Counter The Cons
A simple array of items can be used to counter Twisted Fate's Cons.
The fact that he is very squishy is easy to counter. Going with some HP at Lvl 1 Seals, gives you an early health boost, which is later followed by the Phage and EVENTUALLY a Frozen Mallet.
To counter the lack of speed,you very quickly (mid game) pick up a Zeal. The zeal serves many purposes, for starters, it gives you an additional 8% movement speed, which is a huge bonus. Secondly, it also gives you an added attack speed bonus, which is nice to have on Twisted Fate. Thirdly, since you are stacking an Occult already, you will be getting attack damage. The Zeal gives you some crit chance to help dish out some more damage. Later, this being upgraded to a phantom dancer, which gives you more crit chance, attack speed, movement speed, and EVEN dodge chance, which is KEY
To counter the positioning problem, try to stun a target in place using your Gold Card or slow multiple targets using your Red Card. This will let you get at LEAST 2-3 shots off before the person can get away.
- OK. This is a very crucial step because the SECOND you get this item, you go from being more of a DPS support to being a DPS carry. Even if you had stacked a bit on your occult, say.. 10 stacks (60 AD), you would not be hitting SUPER hard. The crits from your zeal would let you hit for ~250 Damage each crit (so only 10% of the time). When you get the infinity edge the whole game becomes REALLY easy. The damage done when the infinity edge is bought, you will be hitting criticals 30% of the time (say ~35% because of masteries and such) and be hitting them for an extra 50% critical damage, plus an extra 80 damage worth. This turns your crits up, from ~250 damage, to ~500 damage.
Phage and Frozen Mallet:
Twisted Fate, to quote Ernil:
HeAt WHY do you INSIST on playing glass cannon heroes, I will never understand that. Twisted Fate, is SUCH a glass cannon, learn a good hero, LIKE NIDALEE!
Well I would like to give Ernil some credit for giving me the idea to get beefy and get a phage. The Phage gives you the health necessary NOT to be so squishy, along with a slow that 1, lets you land more hits off, and 2, keeps the enemy within range during a team fight. The upgrade is obviously for more health and the consistent slow... pretty self-explanatory.
Now you will be dishing out heavy damage, slowing, be pretty beefy, but all you need is a means of getting some health back... Well to further beef up your damage, you pick up a Bloodthirster, which 1 gives you more damage (obviously) but 2, gives you a really good amount of lifesteal.
Please for build order, just follow the order of items as seen in the build order, thank you for taking the time to read my build. :) comment + rate xD