Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This is the build for a laning (tank) Udyr. If you can solo the mid or the other lane (because of a jungler) do it.
The runes i choose are very simple : Armor penetration and Magic resist. You could go all the way with defensive runes, but i prefer being a tank that can do some important dommage.
The items are very tank like. Because i'm going with the phenix build, you will want to get some items that can slow them. You can replace Trinity Force by the Frozen Mallet or even the Hextech Gunblade.
Go with the Turtle Stance first so you can tank even ranged DPS. If he harass you, just go back to the tower and wait. Once your level 3 in the turtle, you can tank almost everything easily (in the lane)
Pros / Cons
- Easy laning
- You can stun them close to your tower to gank them when they are too strong.
- Pretty much invincible once you get to lvl 3 with the Turtle Stance.
- You can kill easily very early in the game.
- If your carries or DPS fail, you can't do a ****.
- Can be easily killed for a tank.
- If you don't pay attention to your mana in early game, you can be stock in another stance than the turtle and can't do anything except fall back.