Xin Zhao Build Guide by matt8404
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Xin Zhao Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys. Corpsman8404 here and I thought I would give you my guide on an awesome jungler, Xin Zhao. A little bit about me... Not yet 30 but pretty dang close. I love playing as jungler. I also play solo top if someone else wants to but jungling is my favorite role to play in league of legends. Hope you guys like my guide and if you have any suggestions on how to better the guide let me know.
Hall of Fame
If anyone has any good games using this build or videos. Feel free to send them to me and i'll put them in the guide.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
My runes that I use
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage
- Greater Seal of Armor
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Now to elaborate on why I chose these runes.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage I chose this just for increased attack damage. The great thing with Xin Zhao is that his ability Battle Cry increases your attack speed. You want to have greater damage at the beginning for faster clear times of neutral jungle creeps.
- Greater Seal of Armor I chose this just for reduction of damage from neutral jungle creeps. For the most part this is an absolute must for any jungler.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist I chose this for reduction of damage for any AP caster.
Other Rune Choices
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed I can understand why someone would want to chose this rune. The faster Xin Zhao hit the faster they can knock the enemy champion up in the air. Also with Hunter's Machete it can also lead to faster clear times. But I prefer Greater Mark of Attack Damage. This would be a decent choice if Greater Mark of Attack Damage doesn't work for you
- Greater Mark of Armor Penetration This is also another possibility. Especially if you are going against more tanky opponents.
- Greater Glyph of Attack Damage Another option to chose. I personally wanted to go Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist due for the reduction in damage. But if you want to go all out damage this is the glyph for you.
Here is a brief description of each mastery and why I chose it.
This is an amazing mastery for Xin Zhao. The faster you attack the faster you knock an enemy in the air. Plus auto attacks will be faster.
This is another awesome mastery for Xin Zhao. Decrease in cooldown means more knock ups in the air and more charges.
Reduction in damage from monsters is pretty sweet. It allows for longer times in jungle and just helps overall for any jungler.
Ah that sweet attack damage. Just allows for more damage to creeps and enemy champions.
Amazing armor penetration. Helps with those pesky tank champions.
More of that amazing attack damage.
More amazing armor penetration. Helps with tanks.
Increases damage by 5% to targets below 50%. This is an amazing ability just helps with those finishing kills as well as ganks.
An amazing mastery when you think about it. 10 extra gold every time you use Smite. Make sure you use smite on Lizard Elder and Ancient Golem . If both of them are down and you have Smite make sure to use it as often as possible. It will allow you to get items even faster.
Increased health per level. Just makes it easier for jungling.
Reduction of damage from monsters. Again, makes it easier to be an efficient jungler.
Deals 6 damage to monsters that attack you which allows for faster jungle clears.
An additional 30 HP doesn't really seem that much. But there have been multiple times where I have survived with less than 30 HP.
- Pretty sweet passive just for the armor penetration.
Active: Xin Zhaos 3 next attacks deal bonus damage and reduce his other abilities cooldowns by 1 second each. The final strike also knocks the target into the air.
Cost: 30 Mana
Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
Physical Damage: 15/30/45/60/75 (+1.2 per attack damage)
- This is what makes Xin Zhao so deadly. His knock up is just amazing. I max this last.
Passive: Xin Zhao heals himself on every third basic attack.
Active: Xin Zhao unleashes a battle cry, increasing his attack speed for 5 seconds.
Cost: 40 mana
Health Restored: 26/32/38/44/50 (+0.7 per ability power)
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Bonus Attack Speed: 40/50/60/70/80%
- Helps get your knock up off of Three Talon Strike faster. Also helps heal you when clearing the jungle. I max this second.
Active: Xin Zhao charges and challenges an enemy. The charge deals magic damage to all nearby enemies and slows them for 2 seconds.
Cost: 60 Mana
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Magic Damage: 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.6 per ability power)
- This is amazing. It is a great initiator and you will be able to stick to your target for a while as well as the slowing ability. I max this first just for the CD reduction and the slowing effect.
Active: Xin Zhao unleashes a sweep around him that deals physical damage to all nearby enemies equal to base amount plus 15% their current health and knocks them back. Xin Zhao gains bonus armor and magic resistance for 6 seconds for each champion hit. If a challenged target is hit by the sweep, it is unaffected by the knockback.
Cost: 100 Mana
Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds
Base Damage: 125/225/325 (+1.0 per attack damage)
Bonus Armor and Magic Resist: 15/20/25 per champion hit
- I love this ult. It allows you to protect your squishy team mates in team fights. This is best used after using Audacious Charge because it is off of their CURRENT HEALTH.
Now why I chose Flash is simply for the survival. Other people prefer to use Exhaust just to help with ganks as well as survival. It's all personal preference. Also for jungling Smite is an absolute necessity.
- The basic item for any jungler.
- I prefer this for jungling over Wriggle's Lantern. In my opinion if you go for Wriggle's Lantern It's just wasting gold that you could use for other items.
- This is such an amazing item for Xin Zhao it gives health, armor, and cooldown reduction.
- This will make you unbelievably tanky. You can even tank turrets if you wanted to.
- Armor penetration and cooldown reduction? It's like this item was made for Xin Zhao
- Increased attack speed and basic attacks deal additional magic damage sounds almost too good to be true.
Creeping / Jungling
This is the jungle route that I go through. I start off with a leash at Ancient Golem and Wolves . Then I head over to Wraiths . Then I head to Mini golem . Then head over to Lizard elder .
If you have blue buff, you should be constantly spamming your Battle Cry and your Three Talon Strike. I start off with each section of monsters with an Audacious Charge.
Well that's my guide. I hope you liked it. If you have any positive feedback let me know.