Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pimping in Pleasure
- Mage runes are pretty self explanatory for a mage, but movement speed? Utilizing extra movement speed allows Swain to use his stun without putting himself in danger most of the time. The extra movement helps later in preventing enemies from being able to get away with a little bit of health and for switching lanes for team fights and jungling. Using cooldown runes helps entire game with crowd control even though the amount is not much. Replace as desired with ability power and/or magic penetration.
- Masteries are generalized for the same context as the runes. Often the added experience and gold can help when Swain does get a little down on health points early in addition to the extra mana, mana regen and clarity all helping to stay in lanes perpetually without running out of mana or health often amid fights.
- *ZHONYAÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½S RING IS USED TO REPRESENT RABADONÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½S DEATHCAP. Magic penetration and ability power are paramount using Archangel's Staff twice to get there. An alternate way to pimp items is having some cooldown items, but this can come at a cost of longevity by way of mana and ability power losses.
- The skills are important to being a Pimp. Stunning is owning. Even Vlad will have a hard time against the relentless Pimpage that Swain can output with his W. Contrary to popular belief, using E before W is the best way to go for damage output. However it has its drawbacks as casting something before a stun often gives up the location in bushes allowing the enemy to dodge the stun.
- Like the skills, Summoner Spells are paramount to Pimpage. Clarity and Ghost allows for the player to feint as if they are hurt with low health and no mana, turn on the Pimpage with a W, Clarity, R, E, Q, Ghost combo and soon E and Q are up again just before W 3:D
- Regarding team play, Swain works excellent with one tank and a few crowd control champs that can do a decent amount of dps. Another mage is not a bad especially if they have a stun or disable. In team fights Swain often will live last due to his Ultimate. Stun can help the entire team, assists are not a bad thing so feel free to help feed your main dps. Kill Stealing is almost inevitable with dot champions so be wary of taking others buffs and kills.
- Lastly, farming with W is easy enough but be careful as it can leave Swain vulnerable. Consider his stun a defense as well as a farming and Pimping tool and Swain should be as good as any other powerful mage on the map, but live longer in team fights. Lane phase can be a challenge if the enemy champ can dodge the stuns well enough and turn on some counter damage. Focusing on Swain when he enters the battle can be a great way to counter his effectiveness but can also give Swain a pentakill.
Using various combinations of these abilities and spells can leave any enemy with no escape.