Ziggs Build Guide by Night_Wolve
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
This is my first build guide. I've seen a lot of great builds but, if you're looking for a great build that get's you less squishy at the start and makes you deal OMGWTFBBQ damage on the end you have 1 right here.
OK I'm not very interested in spending a lot of time making this build. S o I will just add a link right here from an other build that will provide you with all the information you need!
Click here for the link.
I shall put some info why I picked this build:
1) ok ziggs is very squishy at start get some boots so you can walk a little faster.
make sure you have health pots wich may be a very good adventage against players who don't have healthpots ;). Try harrasing the enemy by trowing your bombs constantly on them.
2) So try buying rod of ages as fast as possible. It gives just the right amount of AP and health so, that your squishyness is reduced by let's say... 90%
3) Buy some sorcerer's shoes to already have some magic pen. Now you can get started! buy rabadon's death cap (don't forget to adjust the build depending on your enemy ofc..). so once you have rabbadon's you'll find yourself doing EXTREME damage. And you'll be able to even more harras your enemy.
4) Now your enemy(unless they are total idiots) will start buying some magic resist. The key is buying voidstaff so you can do your damage again. And for those enemies who didn't buy magic res GG you'll pown them like a cupcake.
5) Now you'll find yourself in some situations where you might get focused and don't have that much health. buy hextech gunblade so you can heal from your enormous damage you do with your spells and this gives you just a little mare AD and lifesteal so you will regen a lot of health. and if you have a cooldown on all your spells. you can finish by attacking.
6) now the last item doesn't really matter pick 1 that is well against your enemy. (for some more advantage)
7) GG you won!
Pros / Cons
Ziggs is an amazingly fun champion. Everything about him is absolutely enjoyable to use. All of his mechanics are fun, and long range skill shots (coming from a Lux and Ezreal player) are very very entertaining. If you're question is, "Will I enjoy this champion" the answer to that is a very strong yes. He's hilarious. He just jumps around throwing bombs at everyone and taking them down from an amazing range.
He also has no targeted abilities, which means that you can cast your abilities whenever and wherever you want. This also means you can attack stealthed champions if you have a good idea of where they are. You can even lay down a minefield at where they stealth and then you can judge where they are by the bombs that they blow up.
Excellent farming ability
Excellent pushing ability
Very responsive and high damage dealing autoattack
Has an interrupt to deal with pesky malzahars, warwicks, and katarinas
Very short cooldowns on his main nuke, and decent cooldowns on his other abilities
Strong AOE slow
Excellent zone control
Super fun to play
Ult radius somewhat smaller than expected
Doesn't do as much damage as in the spotlight, but still does quite a bit.
Slightly lower ratios compared to some other AP mages.
The Pros far outweigh the Cons. I think Ziggs is quickly becoming one of my favorite champions in the game. I can not stress enough just how fun it is to walk around throwing bombs everywhere. The cons that do exist are typical of AP casters or are not all that big of a deal. He's a bit on the slow side movespeed wise, but taking boots early fixes this and his slow and interrupt deal with enemies that try to escape very well.
On a more serious note, Ziggs is a very interesting champion. I'm happy he has a place in the League. He is an AP mid mage who focuses on building Ability Power as much as possible, and as early as possible. Why? Because his base numbers aren't very good, but his scaling is respectable. It's not amazing (except for his ultimate. .9 ratio **********ers), but it's very good for easy to hit AOE damage spells.
Because he has excellent zoning and poke abilities, he makes for an amazing laner. I'm a huge fan. I've got a feeling he could best Heimerdinger, Cassiopeia, and some of the other best laners.
The autoattack based passive is something I'm very pleased about. Most AP mid players don't focus on the autoattack nearly as much as they should. Maybe Ziggs players will carry their newfound autoattacking skills elsewhere and make my life more... interesting :).
The range on all of his abilities is definitely something to write home about.
tl;dr: Ziggs is awesome. You should play him.
Please leave any comments (positive or negative) to the guide. I look forward to hearing from all of you :). I've put hours in to this guide and I really hope people enjoy it. If you do have a negative comment to make, please also include how I could improve the guide. I'd love to do anything I can to make it even better than it is.
Thank you for your time, and happy playing!
changes (probs won't update this)
Changes (from most recent to oldest)
Removed Abyssal as an alternative to Void Staff
Removed announcements section.
Added announcements section. Not sure if I like it or not. It might go away soon.
Added "when to use ult" paragraphs.
Adding details on whether or not skills give vision
Added a F.A.Q.
Cleaned up writing in various places
Modified WoTA advice
Added Ult timing details
Changelog started from 02/03/2012 (U.S. Date Format)