Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AP Runes

Creator: dOnee4 April 27, 2011 5:50pm
23 posts - page 1 of 3
1 2 3
dOnee4
<Member>
dOnee4's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 5:50pm | Report
Ok, so. Is it worth it to have AP per level runes for any AP champ?(i more concerned about LeBlanc.)

I'm thinking if isn't better do use CDR or something ?

Thanks
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 10:57pm | Report
I think a lot of the time it's better to go with MPen, CDR, and (if mana reliant) Mp5.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 10:58pm | Report
cdr sux , ap is better .
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 11:05pm | Report
CDR is awesome. I absolutely love CDR. If you prefer AP, go for it.

Then again, 20% CDR can easily be acquired by getting blue buff (if I'm not mistaken).
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 11:10pm | Report
animorte wrote:

CDR is awesome. I absolutely love CDR. If you prefer AP, go for it.

Then again, 20% CDR can easily be acquired by getting blue buff (if I'm not mistaken).

I thought that was just 15% CDR. You get a bunch from masteries alone. Runes are a nice boost. It really is personal preference.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 11:17pm | Report
I always thought Blue Buff's CDR was determined by level. In fact, I'm sure it is.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2011 11:32pm | Report
CDR is better than AP/lvl for most champions.

Blue buff gives 16%+0.5% per lvl.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 5:20am | Report
Reds - Mpen
Yellows - usualy mp5
Blues - usualy CDR
Quits - usualy HP or Mpen

I suggest taking AP/lvl runes if you play high ratio champs 80%+ on AP.

BUT...

It is a matter of playstyle. Many ppl may say "Clarity is ****, get mp5 runes instead" i agree on this one, but i tend to like going for builds:
Clarity/Heal

Red - Mpen
Yellow - AP/lvl
Blue - AP/lvl
Quits - Flat AP

you can kill me for that since "Clarity is **** and totaly useless mid-lategame" I again have to agree it is not that usefull as it is on early game but, if you play a champion that has a hard start and cant do much in early game coz his/her spells arent maxed out, you dont have items and so on, but you can simply dominate mid-lategame i can (and again it is IMHO) go with my ap/clarity build to fill that gap.

You have to decide or get both setups.
If you want a quite flexible rune build the
Mpen/mp5/cdr/XXX build is probably a way to go (you have to exclude casters without mana on this one for example vlad or that new roboty thingie :P)

About LeBlanc:
Q - 60%/30%
W - 60%
E - 50%/50%
R - XX%/XX%

Her AP scaling isnt THAT great so i would probably more suggest going for the mana/cdr setup but... she tends to benefit GREATLY from AP when she is able to release combos safely so you can focus on RQ combo and go for AP or rely more on harrasing and full RQWE combos.

Also it kinda depends on the itemisation. If you tend to go for Rabadon as 1st - 2nd item and go for pure AP power (staff builds and so on) it might be good idea to go AP runebuild.

You have to decide since we cant speak for you with 100% accuracy.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 5:47am | Report
DEWO wrote:

I suggest taking AP/lvl runes if you play high ratio champs 80%+ on AP.

False. Ratios can't be considered bad without comparing them to the base damage of an ability.
Q - 230+60%/100+30%
W - 245+60%
E - 140+50%*2
Ratios are pretty normal. Not good nor bad. You'll probably want AP quints on her tho since they have that much more early power.

Quoted:
Clarity/Heal

Red - Mpen
Yellow - AP/lvl
Blue - AP/lvl
Quits - Flat AP

Bad.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 28, 2011 6:06am | Report
I could see you getting AP on LeBlanc since she is more of an early/ mid game ganker and could use the extra boost to her damage.

CDR works too though.

When does AP/lvl pass flat AP? Consider when you usually get aggressive with her and decide if you'll want flat AP runes or AP/lvl.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide