Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Basic Guide for League of Legends?

Creator: Kirluu September 8, 2012 7:10am
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 7:10am | Report
Hello there, MOBAFriends! :)

I was wondering, if anyone has made a significant attempt at a guide that explains a lot of the basic things for newer players at League of Legends? I thought of it as a result of explaining certain things several times to different new players, and figured that perhaps gathering such informative information(wut) in one place might be a good idea?
The topics would have a decently wide range, so that it would be helpful to completely new players, but also be a worthy read of someone who is about to reach level 20, or already are above level 20, and perhaps also slightly useful to new level 30's. The basics could be something like explaining the on-going metagame, what summoner spells do, etc. - then going towards something like what runes are smart to purchase, as well as an encouragement in terms of saving up IP for level 20, so that one can have an early advantage by having strong runes for the characters they play, then ranging into things like lasthitting, positioning, skillshots, etc. - extensive enough to be helpful, of course ^^

So... Has this been attempted before? Does it sound like a good idea? What are your thoughts on this?
Of course, my initial thought, would be for me to write it myself, although I wouldn't mind a helping hand, once the guide goes live, if I happen to have missed something, or perhaps if there is something that could be done better or explained better. :o

Now a quick round-off, lalala, blablabla.

Kirluu~

EDIT:
Oh... I seem to have found exactly what I was talking about in IceCreamy's signature, by a coincidence. What the nugget. Although Ice's guide aims for a slightly newer-to-LoL audience. Oh well, I guess I can scratch it off of my list of projects.. Maybe? ;o
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2012 1:47pm | Report
lol :D

Well hey, if you have good suggestions for my guide, please leave a comment or PM and I will edit stuff in, crediting you in the process.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 3:41pm | Report
There's also my New Player FAQ though it's not in guide format. I will try to look at your guide when I get a chance Ice. :) Didn't even know it existed... >.>
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 1:08am | Report
I also link to Dotter's guide somewhere, it's a good read as well :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide