Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Foresnova - Elemental Guardian

Creator: Dzeno May 22, 2011 2:15pm
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 2:15pm | Report
The numbers presented here are NOT final and require public feedback for proper balancing.
Sketch is posted at the bottom, lightblue = new stat added or updated.

... = Foresnova

(sorry I'm a lazy and slow typer :P)

Might still change name :P

POLLS:

first poll, passive:
option 1: his passive should activate from lvl 7 and then get better at 13 and 16
option 2: his passive should activate at lvl 1 when the first point is put into an ability and then get better at 7 and 13.
option 3: his passive should be the following if close to another champions (100 range) his AD is multiplied by 1.5 And every 2nd attack does X/X/X/X/X/X bonus damage (lvl 1/4/7/10/13/16).

Second poll, range in earth form:
option 1: Radius is 100/200/300 range
option 2: Radius is 125/200/275 range
option 3: Radius is 100/175/250 range

Stats:

Damage 52 (+2.5 / per level)
Attack speed 0.65 (+2.3% / per level)
Health 325 (+70 / per level) Very Squishy
Mana 225 (+51 / per level)
Move Speed 305 (maybe 300 or 310)
Armor 10 (+4 / per level)
Magic Resistance 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 4.3 (+.4 / per level)
Mana Regen 7.1 (+.75 / per level)

Furthermore ... can not deal physical damage only true or magic damage, all his auto attacks might be based on AD but are/deal magic damage. Also he's semi range (between 300 to 500) And his auto attacks are weaker if the enemy champion is farther way. For now lets say melee attack range = 100, then his attacks deal 100% damage at 100 range, after that every 75 range reduces the strenght by 5%, meaning 175 range = 95% damage, 250 range = 90% damage, 325 range = 85% damage, 400 range = 80% damage, and capping at a range of 475 = 75% damage.
He's Mage and a bit M-DPS, but extremely squishy and becomes much stronger as the games progresses (so carry as well). He might seem very strong but all his spells require skill. playing will be a difficulty of about 90 to 100.

passive:

... is favored by the spirits of the elements, changing into earth, fire and water every 55/56/57 sec then being silenced for 5/4/3 sec and slowed by 15/10/5 % for the duration. After a certain amount of time the spirits of that element have lost their energy and need to recharge for double the amount of time (that why it's a circle of 3, just ready when the other 2 are recharging) and when the exhausted spirits go ... has to call upon the next element wich needs a lot of concentration and ability power, thus being silenced and slowed for 5/4/3 sec. (lvl 7/13/16)
Q does 0/10/20/30/40 (0.25 AD and 0.15 AP)damage per second and gets bigger radius, radius becomes 100/175/250 range and can now bind 1/2/3 enemies. After Q is used on a target standing in E area, then Q will last 0.5 sec longer, Q CD is reduced by 0.5 sec and E CD is reduced by 0.5 sec, however W is does only 30% (between 20 and 40) damage.
W sets target ablaze doing damage overtime and making healing only half as effective (2 to 4 sec). Also Q will not bind but deal 30/60/90/120/150 (+0.3 AD and +0.2AP) extra damage. After Q is used on ablaze target, Q gets 3.5 sec longer cooldown (only once, CD's don't stay nor stack)
E Area stays 1 sec longer (so 4 sec now) and heals your self 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.2 AP) per second when in area.
Using E on ablaze target will cause the target to be not ablaze anymore, instead target is now slowed by 5/10/15/20/25% for the duration of seconds left for the ablaze to end + 2 sec.

Italics can only be used when in right mode

Q= Earth mode
W= Fire mode
E= Water mode

Q (no name yet):

... shoots out his roots through the ground binding (snaring) someone in place for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 sec (meaning they can still attack you back and use their own skills)
has a delay of 0.15 * (Range to spot/100 range).
Has a very small circle where it will pop up, with a radius of about 75 range
Range to center, minimum 250 range (meaning the center has to be at least 250 range away, which means a minimum delay of 0.375 sec) to 1100 maximum range (1.65 delay)
cost, 120
cooldown, 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 (after enemy/enemies are out)

W (Fireball Fist, Blazing Fist or Flying Fire Fist):

Creates a fireball in his fist and throws it at the enemy the closer the enemy is the more damage. Does magic damage, X amount * (1 - 0,025((Range to target/75 range)^2)).
X = 60/120/180/240/300 (+ 0.25 AD and + 0.25 AP)

If enemy is binded by Q then target is unbinded but this spell will deal extra damage, less time enemy has been binded the more extra damage, bonus damage is 60% - 10% per sec past, so new damage is Damage * (1.6 - (0.1 * time binded in seconds)).
However Q CD for next use is increased by 5 sec (because of burning you roots) and W CD is increased by time binded * 1.8 + 2 sec
Skill shot, however when enemy is right in front(melee hitting distance) almost impossible to miss cause it throws a fireball that's big in the beginning and gets smaller, ball travels abou as fast as Twisted Fate his cards.
Cooldown 6 sec
Cost, 80/90/100/110/120

Maximum range, 330/360/390/420/450

E (Rain Bomb?):

Heavy rain deals initial 30/60/90/120/150 (+0.4 AP) damage and 30/40/50/60/70 (+0.2 AP) damage per sec , increases your own speed when walking through by 10/15/20/25/30% when walking through area splashed, area stays for 3 sec (short amount of time 2 to 4 sec). Has a casting delay of 3/2.5/2/2/1.5 sec.
Cooldown, 11/10/9/8/7 sec (after area has disappeared)
Cost, 80/85/90/95/100

Radius about 450 range
Range to center about 600-800

R (several ideas):

Supernova very heavy damage spell, Ball of fire in his belly charges up and water creates a lens to amplify the strength of the beam. setting target extremely ablaze healing has no/less effect and a lot of damage over time. For now:
75/150/225 true damage + 100/200/300 (+0.4 AP) magic damage, sets target really ablaze for 5 sec, directly after hit healing is 0% effective at the 5 sec healing is 50% effective, dealing damage as well every sec,
sec 1 40/50/60, sec 2 30/40/50, sec 3 25/30/35, sec 4 20/25/30, sec 5 15/20/25 + (0.2 AP)
Skill shot shoots a straight line is stopped by any terrain like walls, tower, etc. Has a delay/"channel time" of 1 sec before firing and a range of 450/500/550. When hitting minions dealing 600/800/1000 true damage to minions while decreasing damage output to enemy champion by 10.5/9/7.5% per minion hit, whith a cap of a maxium of 7 minions, and so decrease in damage 73.5/63/52.5%. (when beam hits 7th minion it disappears/stops)

Cost, 100/200/300
Range, 450/500/550
Cooldown, 150/120/90 sec

NUMBERS FINISHED, But can maybe be better balanced, so I would like to know what you guys think and what passive and Ult you would like to see. Trying to upload Sketch next week (preferable tomorrow).
I need your help, criticism, but please base/explain your reasons and statements.

Here is the sketch, however on the vines of his main core body I have just drawn a few spikes, cause it with cost me to much time right now. As you can see the main core is filled with water that magically stays and and it has like a big fireball (like its own small sun) in the center. Also I'm not totally pleased with his left arm (for us on the right side of the pic) I think it start to high up on the pic and maybe is a little bit to big. The pic is so dark Cause I had to use some correction of gamma and contrast, etc so you could see it well enough.

By d_zeno at 2011-05-23

Story:

Foresnova used to be a lower class god, and being 1 of the five protectors of mother nature and so having control over all four elements. But one day his control over air was taken away by someone evil who had used an evil plan and all kind of dirty and deceiving tricks, as well as Foresnova's good will. Foresnova lost his control over air reducing him to a mere champion (from the point of gods, champions still are much stronger than normal creatures and humans), losing an extremely big portion of his power and reducing his health almost to nothing. Furthermore he lost his total control of the our elements at the same time (because the power is completely off-balance if 1 is missing) as well as not being able to make continuous use of them and having to recharge. Foresnova was furious and is now looking for revenge on the villain and a way to take back his control over the air element. But he has yet to find the evil genius and his quest is not gonna be easy, because the evil genius is already setting new plans into action . . . who knows what's next.

Explaination of abilities:
Q, Stamps his foot in the ground and making his roots grow extremely quick and spring up in a certain spot binding someone. He can grow thorns on his roots (earth mode). You will see a bit of dirt (like smoke) and the ground cracking where his roots are traveling, only not as well as cho'gath's rupture.
W, Ignites his right arm (on the left for us) and creating a huge fireball in his hand, then he throws it, while fireball moves through the air it gets weaker and smaller. If champions is right in front he hits the enemy champion with the fireball in his freaking ugly face :P. He can set enemies on fire (ablaze, fire mode only)
E, Throws up a big ball of heavy water after that he keeps spraying heavy water for 3 seconds. He can use the magic energy of the water to heal himself (water mode only). Before it does the initial damage you will see small droplets fall down.
R, The vines of his main body make a vertical eye-like opening, while his fire core charges and the water forms a lens in front of the opening, he then fires an extremely strong beam, being almost plasma, with this causing true damage because no armor can guard against all that heat. Also you set the target ablaze and do magic damage.

Also take a look at my new champion the evil genius Your text to link here...
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 1:48pm | Report
I think the idea is awesome.. Not seeing the spells in action makes it harder to judge whether it's balanced or not. The idea of a skillshot ultimate is awesome and I don't think I've seen that before. If people are skilled skill-shotters low-level games might be dominated completely by this champion, but it's hard to say. He might be some sort of "harder to play Brand", which also has great damage output. The magic / true damage idea is rather unique and I don't know how Riot would feel about the magic Damage AD, but since his spells scale on AP, it wouldn't mean that much. So much true damage will be devastating against in low-elo games I think, at least before people learn how to counter this champion - But then again the spells are hard to perform right, so that could even it out.
Also like that you have made a story for the champion :)

Man that was a lot of rambling, I might have repeated myself a bit x)
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 2:04pm | Report
Dotter wrote:

I think the idea is awesome.. Not seeing the spells in action makes it harder to judge whether it's balanced or not. The idea of a skillshot ultimate is awesome and I don't think I've seen that before. If people are skilled skill-shotters low-level games might be dominated completely by this champion, but it's hard to say. He might be some sort of "harder to play Brand", which also has great damage output. The magic / true damage idea is rather unique and I don't know how Riot would feel about the magic Damage AD, but since his spells scale on AP, it wouldn't mean that much. So much true damage will be devastating against in low-elo games I think, at least before people learn how to counter this champion - But then again the spells are hard to perform right, so that could even it out.
Also like that you have made a story for the champion :)

Man that was a lot of rambling, I might have repeated myself a bit x)

Thx a lot for the positive feedback, I know he could dominate low level games if there would be a good player, but what I notice at low level games (I'm still lvl 11), it doesn't really matter if there's just one good player, because if the rest of the team sucks he's screwed any way. On low levels it depends a lot with which players you get matched up, however even low-level players have a ELO ranking, just not visible and if you're a good player you will notice that the players you'll go up against and get teamed up with get much better. Thus evening this out a bit.

It's true he might be a little bit to strong, it's harder for me to see since I'm only lvl 11 yet and haven't got that much experience, the reasoning for the champ only being able to do magic damage is to make him easier to counter so he isn't OP (or at least less). I know its possible to implement this, but I don't know if they would ever be willing to do that :P.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 2:41pm | Report
You state a good point there, and I dunno if they'd implement that either, but this forum is just ideas, so that isn't the most important thing. x)

Being a squishy "low-range" caster, he might not be quite as lane dominant as long-ranged, since his farming would rely more on spells, since last-hitting would be harder, due to harrassing from the lane-enemies. The delay could also be negated in the laning phase, especially against chargers as Xin Zhao & Poppy.. To me, it actually seems quite balanced, which is rather surprising since you're level 11. But that's positive :D

good job mate. ^^
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 9:03am | Report
Oke, so all the information you would need about my champion is now here, all the numbers are filled in if I'm correct.

Tell me if you think he's cool or fun to play OR not.
Tell me if you think he's UP or OP and why.

Just tell me what you think, but pls let it be constructive feed back.

examples of bad replies:
He sucks.
I don't like him.

examples of good replies:
I don't like him, because "he's OP because this, this,..."/"Because he's UP because ..."/"because he would be to hard to play"/etc.
Axoma
<Member>
Axoma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 5:48am | Report
Very well thought champ, this inspired me pretty much to make my own champ..but i think he is pretty op if his team got nice cc. Just think of the dmg he deals with his w. Let me shwo u this: Guess he has 200 AD and 100 AP. if I did that right u will deal about 8,6k dmg....^^ pls correct me if i did wrong math
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 8:25am | Report
Axoma wrote:

Very well thought champ, this inspired me pretty much to make my own champ..but i think he is pretty op if his team got nice cc. Just think of the dmg he deals with his w. Let me shwo u this: Guess he has 200 AD and 100 AP. if I did that right u will deal about 8,6k dmg....^^ pls correct me if i did wrong math

You probably did, if your enemy would be at zero range so actually on top of you, then you would deal the maximum damage, which is:
300 + 0.25*200 + 100*0.25 = 375 damage, would the enemy be at 150 range (which is melee attack range), this would deal 375 * (1 - 0.025*(2^2))= 375 * 0.9 = 337,5 damage even with the maximum multiplier of Q you'll will still only deal a maximum damage of 540. (while 500 is actually a more plausible damage amount)

Would like to see your champion one day :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide