Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2015 NA LCS Summer Split Thread!

Creator: I want to be a Blitzball May 20, 2015 1:27pm
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2015 4:39pm | Report
Game set. Team SoloMid takes on Counter Logic Gaming for the first time in the Finals.

And, Team Curse and LMQ play for 4th and 3rd again.
Hey at least its not a tsm vs c9 final.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2015 4:47pm | Report
I wish it was Cloud 9 vs Counter Logic Gaming though. :(
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2015 4:52pm | Report
dat project teaser

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2015 9:09pm | Report
We saw a very high use of Banner of Command, but how the pros used it was kinda WTF, they used it just to let it run into the enemy and instantly die. C'mon, you can use it better, use it in the lane which isn't pushed by an enemy (or the enemy which has the hardest time to push against it) and create this way pressure / release pressure.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 3:45am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
We saw a very high use of Banner of Command, but how the pros used it was kinda WTF, they used it just to let it run into the enemy and instantly die. C'mon, you can use it better, use it in the lane which isn't pushed by an enemy (or the enemy which has the hardest time to push against it) and create this way pressure / release pressure.

I think you're completely missing the fact that the reason they're using it in the lane everyone is in is because that's the lane they're currently sieging and the enemy is currently defending. If the enemy team spots a support heading to a different lane literally to promote a minion, then that will create an opportunity to capitalise on the team's bad positioning.

You're much better off setting up a slow push in a different lane, and using the tanky *** minion to help siege the lane you're using.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 3:48am | Report
I wish it was Cloud 9 vs Counter Logic Gaming though. :(

C9 can still get in to worlds...

Take a look problem is they need to win three best of series in a row.

C9 vs GV winner faces the 4th place team. Then winner of that faces the Third place team for spot at worlds.

http://lol.gamepedia.com/2015_NA_Regional_Qualifiers
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 3:57am | Report
Cooper112 wrote:

C9 can still get in to worlds...

Take a look problem is they need to win three best of series in a row.

C9 vs GV winner faces the 4th place team. Then winner of that faces the Third place team for spot at worlds.

http://lol.gamepedia.com/2015_NA_Regional_Qualifiers

Honestly though, as much as I would like to see C9 at Worlds just because it's sort of a tradition, this C9 is not a C9 that is ready for worlds. I'd rather see better competition from TL or some other team.

Still though, it'd be pretty fantastic to see then pull a Najin again. That moment itself was pretty amazing from last year's OGN qualifiers.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 4:16am | Report
I'm hoping for TIP to make it, and I'm still waiting for the last team to fall down there. CLG will end in the gauntlet if they don't beat TSM, right? I'm pretty sure Liquid will get the 2nd seed, unless CLG overperform.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 4:44am | Report
I'm hoping for TIP to make it, and I'm still waiting for the last team to fall down there. CLG will end in the gauntlet if they don't beat TSM, right? I'm pretty sure Liquid will get the 2nd seed, unless CLG overperform.

CLG will end in the gauntlet if they lose to TSM and TL beat TiP. If TiP wins, then CLG qualifies for worlds.

EDIT: To clarify, CLG can get a minimum of 100 points, with 10 from the spring split, and a minimum of 90 this split. TL came third last split, so they got 50 points. If they come third, they will get 70 points, beating out CLG. If they come fourth they receive eternal life they receive 40 points, putting them at 90 points. TiP just flat-out can't autoqualify.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2015 5:35am | Report

I think you're completely missing the fact that the reason they're using it in the lane everyone is in is because that's the lane they're currently sieging and the enemy is currently defending. If the enemy team spots a support heading to a different lane literally to promote a minion, then that will create an opportunity to capitalise on the team's bad positioning.

You're much better off setting up a slow push in a different lane, and using the tanky *** minion to help siege the lane you're using.

No, what I meant they used it in the lane they are currently defending against enemies that are sieging. Using it on the sidelane would release some pressure of that sieged lane and as you are near your base, you have no problem switching the lane for a short amount of time.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide