Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official World Championship rundown &...

Creator: Vynertje August 23, 2014 11:55am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 2:54am | Report
I think you have just misinterpreted EDG's analyst's meaning. They're not losing games to get a better seeding.

I'm more inclined to believe that the team will drop focus on defeating SSW in group stages, so they can focus their time in scrims, practice and theorycrafting towards the other 2 teams in the group and then other teams they will be matched up against in the bracket stage. This doesn't mean that they're deliberately dropping games against SSW, but rather focusing on the games that they are more likely to win.

If anything, it's not cheating or abusing, but simply smart thinking. And you can't say that this strategy doesn't run its own risk - EDG or White might get upset by the other two teams (though I extremely doubt it).

It happens in professional sports too - professional tennis players will often give up on lost sets or points to conserve energy for consequent sets.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 6:22am | Report
I would like tsm or c9 to get out of groups just so people will stop saying how bad NA is.

Pretty sure NA is still considered one worst. Below Korea, China and EU. I would like NA to beat out China and EU for once i dont think any region will beat korea tho.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 6:32am | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
I would like tsm or c9 to get out of groups just so people will stop saying how bad NA is.

Pretty sure NA is still considered one worst. Below Korea, China and EU. I would like NA to beat out China and EU for once i dont think any region will beat korea tho.

I will keep saying NA is bad even if 2 NA teams make it out of groups. NA teams consist of imported talent (except C9) and none of those would stand a chance with just their regional players.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 7:41am | Report
Truthfully, I think the EU teams bar Alliance are actually worse than NA teams, particularly C9 and TSM (LMQ seem to have hit a skill ceiling). I think Fnatic have potential to go far provided Rekkles and xPeke are on point, but I feel like Alliance as a team is just more cohesive.

It's true TSM has imported talent from EU and Korea, and LMQ are a full Chinese team, but at the end of the day, they're still representing the North American region, but more importantly, the team they are playing on. I won't be saying that region 'xyz' is the best just because a team from that region won.

My predictions -

Group A:

Samsung Galaxy White
Edward Gaming

I don't anticipate an upset. I feel the other two are literally free wins. Maybe we'll see something wild from ahq, but I doubt that will work well.

Group B:

Star Horn Royal Club
Team Solomid

Slight potential for an upset by both SK Gaming and Taipei Assassins. I think this will be the second most interesting group to watch.

Group C:

Samsung Galaxy Blue
OMG

This one will be the hardest group to call. There is a huge potential for any of these teams to get through. Every win counts.

Group D:

Najin White Shield
Cloud 9

Alliance will give Cloud 9 a good run for their bracket spot, and potentially outdoing Shield as well. KaBuM is essentially a free win in my opinion.

I'm guessing brackets will look something like this:

SGW vs TSM
SGB vs C9/All
EDG vs SHRC
OMG vs NJWS

I want Samsung Galaxy White to win, but if Blue continue to show to World's, then Blue looks really strong to take the Cup. Otherwise, my honest opinion is that I think every team I placed into bracket stage have a chance at the Cup, and the rest don't.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2014 8:00am | Report
sirell wrote:
Truthfully, I think the EU teams bar Alliance are actually worse than NA teams, particularly C9 and TSM (LMQ seem to have hit a skill ceiling). I think Fnatic have potential to go far provided Rekkles and xPeke are on point, but I feel like Alliance as a team is just more cohesive.

It's true TSM has imported talent from EU and Korea, and LMQ are a full Chinese team, but at the end of the day, they're still representing the North American region, but more importantly, the team they are playing on. I won't be saying that region 'xyz' is the best just because a team from that region won.

I think the top-3 teams from each region are quite equal, depending on the form Fnatic shows up. My opinion on the team's strength:

1. Alliance
2. TSM
2. C9
4. Fnatic
4. SK
6. LMQ

However, if you were to look past the top-6 there'd be a lot more NA teams in the list. Besides that I think the top-4/5 teams are very close and their perfomance will completely depend on their form that day. Still feel Alliance has a slight edge though but they might choke in their first international tournament as a team.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2014 5:26am | Report
Lol esports and there top 20 players at worlds list just wow....

Seriously how can they put ****ing Yellowstar above imp are you ****ing kidding me. Imp is the best Adc in world atm and on team that is favorite to win worlds but Bjergsen and Yellowstar are above him LMAO.
Yellowstar is not even that good of a support i would say hes maybe in top 10 at bottom on his best moments of his career.

Diffidently a bias to NA and EU.

Imp should easily be top 5 players going into worlds.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 5:02am | Report
So according to SB's acorn tsm has been the most dificult foreign team to play against.

Not sure if this is good or bad tsm going in with alot hype and could fall under presure.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 5:49am | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
So according to SB's acorn tsm has been the most dificult foreign team to play against.

He also said they shouldn't have to worry about any non Korean team.

Besides that, TSM is famous to do well in scrims whereas C9 is trying out random stuff.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2014 7:06am | Report
Still pretty good if for a top 2 team to say that.

I think tsm could go to semi finals all they need do is beat royal and edg then face sw in semis prob.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2014 5:13am | Report
Cooper112 wrote:
all they need do is beat royal and edg

My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide