Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Predacon - From Coal to Diamond

Creator: Predacon December 27, 2015 10:31pm
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 2:03am | Report

I know you love Riven, but perhaps you should use Poppy more often, instead of picking her as a backup champ.

Well I try to pick her when the team really needs a tank, or Riven is banned, but I think the statistics are just skewed.

That reason being way less game on Poppy, and more on Riven so more troll games to even out the winrate.

or Poppy is just really damn strong, which also true, but I wouldn't be playing Riven if I just wanted to purely win. At least I feel if I win with Riven, I know I truly played better than my opponents and deserve the victory, and she is so much fun.

Vayne is probably not the best choice for climbing either, instead I would play Kogmaw and Corki.

Humble Riven Main
theyouiporit
<Member>
theyouiporit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 9:52am | Report
Predacon wrote:
[...] but I wouldn't be playing Riven if I just wanted to purely win.

Many would think you are nuts. But yeah, I get it. Having fun is as important as climbing. Otherwise is pointless.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the awesome signature!
Hecarim is a devoted brony
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 11:41am | Report

Many would think you are nuts. But yeah, I get it. Having fun is as important as climbing. Otherwise is pointless.

Yeah Riven is currently sitting at 46.3% winrate, really low, and probably because her item build path in season 6 is not very good, but pretty determined to overcome such handicaps.

My own winrate is 55% currently though, need to work on raising that.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 1:30pm | Report

Botlane was extreme aggression, I don't usually play Vayne this aggressive, but it went okay, at least until we ended up getting outtraded, and Morgana just barely got sniped by Ezreal Q. After which I made sure she didn't get tilted and we started to do really well and with a gank by Gragas picked up a kill for me, and later from Zed.

Garen completely destroyed toplane as well making everything pretty easy, Fiora tried to roam for kills, but she really didn't get anything for it.

I made a few flashy plays myself that I was happy about.

Eventually the enemy team was just really tilted and surrendered.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 29, 2016 2:47pm | Report

Ranked Game 100, yay.

Poppy is someone I have to play very careful around, one good wallstun and she can kill me. Luckily I was able to get an early gank from Shen to pick up a kill on Poppy. Later which I roamed mid to pick up a kill on Fizz with Annie. Made a pretty TP into botlane, and picked up some kills there as well.

I tried to make a later TP into mid to clean up, sadly Poppy was too tanky to finish and Jax jumped me and I died to 3 people.

Most of the game I was able to easily spiltpush no problem, at one point I drew 4 into botlane while my team was pushing top, and they even got the inhib. We were able to end the game with this pretty easily.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2016 5:21am | Report

This game was a stomp in the favor of the enemy, I got hit with the level 2 cheese by Renekton with a flash stun. I knew we scaled better into late game, but Kogmaw had already given up, which they got a double kill in botlane and a solo kill in midlane. When I finally thought I got Renekton, Riven showed up at the perfect time to kill me.

I seem to get hit with 3 man goon squads quite often, which was well played on their part. Lee Sin got a bunch of kills, but a Lee Sin with kills isn't really all that useful sadly so it wasn't enough to put us back into the game. Had mute Kogmaw because he was very toxic.

Lucian also got a quadra kill on us, and at that point there wasn't much to come with. I decided to try to spiltpushing as a last resort and messed up my TP back to base, but I don't think it made much a difference at that point.

I really need to look out for the level 2 cheese next time on Renekton, but I knew from jungle Riven this was gonna be really tough.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2016 6:20am | Report

This was a strange game, I was for sure carried here by Shyvana and Thresh, both did amazing.

ADC with mobility is always the bane of Riven's existence, Lucian being no exception, he got me with the ignite flash cheese this time, but I made a good teleport to bottom to pick us up two kills.

Throughout this game I had a hard time getting into the backline, but one time I did I won the teamfight, killing Lucian/Soraka. Late game I didn't feel very useful as I was underfarmed and teammates took any bit of farm I tried to get, every had the ability to blow me up extremely fast, especially Jhin.

Jhin was hurting so hard, made me regret going Ghostblade actually. Where I thought the game was over because we all died though, Shyvana ended up killing their whole team, it was quite great.

We gpt 5 dragons twice this game, while they got one of the barons.

Was a great game overall, but I wasn't too effective.

I think I might start to grab a guardian angel as my 4th item so I can just jump into the enemy team. I died a TON this game and that would have helped quite a bit here from all the burst.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2016 7:25am | Report

This game I carried pretty hard, along with having a great support I can just wreck with Vayne.

It's quite easy to hard engage on a Jhin, and we did this a few times to put me ahead.

Our team started to tilt pretty hard, as Ekko and Volibear lost their lanes pretty hard, and but me and Zyra decided we would carry this game ourselves, and Eve did a pretty great job as well.

Early in the game Poppy was like 5-0, so it makes sense that the team was doubting our victory, but believe in the late game Vayne. We were even getting stomped in teamfights at first because they engaged without me there, but once we grouped could win pretty solid and Volibear protecting me from Fiora. We were able to beat them at baron pit and take baron and eventually mid inhib.

After we got an ace on them toplane, they surrendered.

In a series now baby, its time for Gold 1. (maybe)

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2016 12:25pm | Report

Rough game, we simply had no way of killing the backline.

I wanted to Riven as usual, but was against a Nautilus, so went with Poppy instead. I couldn't get any good wallstuns this game at all, as the enemy did a good job staying away from walls.

I have no idea why our mid picked Tahm Kench, we had no sustained AP damage or assassin because of this, and we just got trounced in every team fight.

I feel an off meta pick is what really made this game hard, and my team surrendered pretty quickly even though I said no.

Humble Riven Main
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2016 9:51am | Report

Their team comp had me a little worried, when you're facing down 3 tanks as Riven pleasant thoughts don't come to mind. Lux didn't want me to pick Riven either because "You probably suck" as she said, luckily I proved her wrong.

I played this game fairly well overall though and made sure to not die early even if it meant burning my flash and tping back in early against Mundo, who we had a nice duel when I hit 6 and won against him, with Rammus coming in to kill me after.

Lux throughout this game was tearing up, doing a great job, being toxic though.

Together we carried the game pretty hard and I made some good picks here and there, eventually a teamfight broke out in bottom that we won and we pushed into their base to finish the game, just with the bottom open, very clean game.

Just need to win one more game and I'm Gold 1 baby!

Humble Riven Main

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide