Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 8:05pm | Report

And the **** that is ranked soloqueue happened. Cho'Gath DCd in the middle of the lane and died to Teemo. I didn't even think about the fact that Teemo still had Ignite so he wanders into my jungle and I think I can fight him. And no. Not if he has ignite at the health I was at when the fight started.

Did kill Yasuo in Mid and a kill onto Vayne or Zyra I don't recall which, but that was the highlights of the early game. Cho died repeatedly to the Teemo, Teemo took out Top tower. And Bot lane who I helped get ahead started getting stomped on 2v2 by the enemy Bot lane.

GG.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 8:27pm | Report

And. Dodge. Well hopefully I don't get my main account banned for report this ******* using their Questions About Why I Am Banned Form.

In case you were wondering this ******* said they would happily int in any lane they were given when someone in the lobby offered them Top since they were showing Pantheon.

I don't particularly care for being in a hostage situation or being bullied or having my time wasted.

And since Riot refuses to install a way to report people in champion select (they will always tell you that the best way to report them is after the game where we have a system in place for reporting people). And F that. I already deal with enough trolls and feeders in my average game, I don't need everyone in champion select starting out in a foul mood because of some troll in champion select.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 9:02pm | Report

Not really sure what to do with this game. I actually had a useful Garen. He honestly carried. Won lane. Roamed. Targeted objectives. Very nice.

Maokai seemed like a good pick into their team since point and click CC lets me stick onto the highly mobile types like Yasuo, Lee Sin, and Akali.

My farm numbers are inflated with lane farm as I held Top lane several times while Garen roamed. Akali decided to take out the tower I was defending since it was low on health. She got it, but I killed her for her trouble.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 25, 2019 9:51pm | Report

Our Bot lane kinda wrecked their Bot lane. Shyvana did her best to even things out, which meant they got most of the dragons. Was not a fun time trying to 1v1 her. Did snatch her with my R to pick our one dragon.

Rest of the team held up reasonably well since we mostly had to watch the Yasuo + Yuumi show.

Started E seconed and cleared raptors after Red. It was tight but that let me get all the way through Gromp on my first clear even though I only got 1 Q from Yasuo for my leash on Red.

Need to try leaving the shield on rather than consuming it for health.

Mordekaiser might be OP in some ways but there are definitely champions that can duel him if even or ahead, Shyvana apparently being one of them.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2019 1:29am | Report
Btw You can't get reported or banned for dodging a game. Infact, during ranked you should dodge if you're against a team that you feel like you're definitely going to lose against, or if your team is full of inters or people that has been auto placed etc. Make use of the -3 lp dodge that you have. Although this does mean don't dodge to much, that's not always necessary but yeah.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2019 1:38am | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Ahri is a neat champion. I'm always kind of blown away when I see or play against a good one. One second they are chilling then next second they are picking off your ADC and then skating out. As a jungler I am glad they got rid of the speed boost on her Q and moved it to her passive making it more conditional. Kind of made her practically ungankable at all stages of the game as to opposed to after getting her ult. I think it is cool that they gave her back the ability to stop dashes. Thought it was weird that they took that out.

I get really frustrated when I lose too. It is part of the reason I can't stick with just one champion. As soon as I lose I wonder about my champion pick. I don't really get angry at this point, just frustrated so no danger to objects or people (by the way punching bags are really good for that sort of thing. They won't sue you, are unlikely to break, and are unlikely to break you - unlike say punching a wall).

I'm not a laner, but I do see how important wave management is, so I wish you success in getting it down pat. Was watching a Neace youtube vid the other day and he really wanted to freeze, but he pointed out that his team was getting stomped, so he had to forgo freezing and accelerate taking over top lane so he could get his team back in the game. Fairly instructive. You have to be good enough to recognize when you have to switch gears and have the capability to execute on it.

Roaming was one of the hardest things for me when I used to go Mid lane. I never knew when to roam, when to follow, or when to shove instead. I've gotten better from watching high ELO streamers, but that would be something I would want to nail down even better were I to lane on a routine basis.

I think the reason they removed it was because at that time during that meta, it was pretty broken. Right now, since most others got buffs as well like Katarina and her anti healing on ultimate etc. etc. it doesn't feel like it's much of a threat right now than what it was before. In my opinion atleast, I mean being able to stop dashes doesn't really buff Ahri all that much from what she was before the patch.

Thing is, I get frustrated when I lose of course, everyone does as we always want to try and win. However, I don't really worry about my champion pick, I just care about what I could have done better in that particular game that could have made us win it basically. I always try to look back at my mistakes or my lack of knowledge, mostly that and see what I could have done better and that's my main concern right now if I want to climb I think.

Yeah you're right, sometimes if you want to freeze but your other laners are having it rough, you should just change and try to get some roaming timers in order to try and change those lanes if possible. Of course wave management isn't That important when it comes to junglers, more than like push out the lane with your laner to get some platings or tax your laner if they can't get the farm etc. etc. but compared to lane management it feels like a whole different thing altogether, and somewhat more important I think as well.

As for Roaming, I could give you a straight tip right now. Get roam timers, this means generally you should look to roam and give aid to another lane that is struggling if your wave is pushed into the enemy turret. That way your opponent has to stay and get the wave while you roam, and it'll give you the time to catch the wave once you get back from your roam as well. Although at times it might not be worth to go for roams and so sometimes you might just stay in lane and continue pushing, like for examples if your team is pushing their lanes or winning their lanes, then there isn't a reason for you to roam. If you change it, your laner roams, it's better to stay in your lane and punish your laner by shoving the lane into their turret making them lose CS and giving you platings. That's a good idea because if you ping your laners if the mid roams, and that roam fails, he wasted his time and lost a bunch of gold and experience for doing a bad roam. So yeah, that's what i'm trying to do. x)
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2019 8:50am | Report
Fruxo wrote:
Btw You can't get reported or banned for dodging a game. Infact, during ranked you should dodge if you're against a team that you feel like you're definitely going to lose against, or if your team is full of inters or people that has been auto placed etc. Make use of the -3 lp dodge that you have. Although this does mean don't dodge to much, that's not always necessary but yeah.

Oh, I meant get banned for *****ing to Riot about the troll using a method that was not designed for reporting someone, since Riot has no way to report someone except in the after game lobby.

I do dodge, but it usually based on the winrates of my compatriots in lobby. I do the mass lookup on op gg and if I've got a bunch of 40% or lower winrate people or multiple people on losing streaks in my lobby I dodge. I find it a little to hard to look at smaller details like are they on role and pay attention to champion select, which is why I go for win % and loss streaks. Generally I find that if people know how to win games you can make it work even if everyone is not on role (but that is playing at Silver 2 so ymmv).

Or to be clear I used to have the habit of looking my teams up, but when getting back to it, I figured I would just play whatever. Noting the Cho'Gath in the game above had a Bronze border made me rethink that so I started looking up my teams again.

The 0/7/7 Bard had like a 20% winrate. And stated they were drunk in lobby. I said that explains the winrate. Everyone else in the lobby was solid though so I went with it.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2019 10:38am | Report
Fruxo wrote:

Of course wave management isn't That important when it comes to junglers, more than like push out the lane with your laner to get some platings or tax your laner if they can't get the farm etc. etc.

I think that is a common assumption for laners and somewhat rightfully so because that is about as much as some junglers think about wave management.

But a jungler really should know all the rules to wave management that laners do even if they don't put it into action as often as laners.

1. Need to know which lanes push faster. Can be your first gank.

e.g. 2 ranged Bot laners on the enemy team should SHOULD (at Silver this is not reliable because people don't shove and harass like they should) outshove 1 ranged and 1 melee Bot lane. So you if you are the team with the melee support you can path to Bot for an early gank and generally rinse & repeat if you get flashes.

2. Need to know whether to leave the wave alone or shove it after a successful gank.
2a. Need to know when you don't have the waveclear to shove the lane fast enough to get it into tower before the next wave hits or the enemy laner TPs back to lane with additional items in your inventory.

3. Need to know how to setup a slowpush or do a safe doublewave push so you don't have to go past river.

4. Need to spot out freezes against your laners and possibly try to break them or setup warding or find the enemy jungler so your laner can stay in XP range and not get ganked if you can't break the freeze.

5. Need to know when your laner has a freeze and respect that they might not be able to move or use it for gank setup.

6. Need to future plan based on the position of the waves when you are coming out of the base and who is pushing.

7. Need to respect roam timings especially vs laners that can move quickly to a skirmish e.g. someone like Jayce or Camille.

8. Need to know when a wave will be passing by a particular location so you don't get spotted by the wave.

So an understanding of wave management is crucial to being a good jungler. And I don't do all the above consistently which is one of the reasons I tend to toil in high Silver - low Gold.

Fruxo wrote:

As for Roaming, I could give you a straight tip right now. Get roam timers, this means generally you should look to roam and give aid to another lane that is struggling if your wave is pushed into the enemy turret. That way your opponent has to stay and get the wave while you roam, and it'll give you the time to catch the wave once you get back from your roam as well. Although at times it might not be worth to go for roams and so sometimes you might just stay in lane and continue pushing, like for examples if your team is pushing their lanes or winning their lanes, then there isn't a reason for you to roam. If you change it, your laner roams, it's better to stay in your lane and punish your laner by shoving the lane into their turret making them lose CS and giving you platings. That's a good idea because if you ping your laners if the mid roams, and that roam fails, he wasted his time and lost a bunch of gold and experience for doing a bad roam. So yeah, that's what i'm trying to do. x)

I think that is one of the things. A lot of laners know to shove and roam. But beyond that they don't know the cost/benefits. And I KNOW a lot of them don't understand appropriate lane assignments around roams.

I see so many Mid laners be the first to lose their tower by roaming excessively. Drives me bonkers as Mid is so important to keep standing for as long as possible. to be fair a lot of laners & junglers coming back to lane don't know that they should go to the lane that the roamer came from to pick up the wave until they roamer can get back. And of course I've gotten dead a couple of times trying to hold lanes while a roamer is away seeing as how the enemy Mid laner is a level above me due to faster access to minions. (hardest with melee junglers with low wave clear).

And I kind of have a love hate relationship with tower plating. They are oh so juicy for that lovely lucre. But I've certainly overstayed to get them and my laners have too.

I like the point about not roaming to a lane if that lane is already doing well. Though I think there is a balancing act there. As sometimes you need to play through that lane to win the game.

One of my favorite things is linking up with a Mid laner that can help me aggressively put down the enemy jungler. LeBlanc's tend to be good at this in my experience. Talon and Zed too, but I usually see them trying to solo carry. When I get a good LB and we can team up to take the enemy Mid and jungler out of the game. Ahhhhhh.
Fruxo
<Administrator>
Fruxo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2019 12:33pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:
I think that is a common assumption for laners and somewhat rightfully so because that is about as much as some junglers think about wave management.

But a jungler really should know all the rules to wave management that laners do even if they don't put it into action as often as laners.

There are probably definitely more ways of wave management for junglers then what I experience but usually what i've talked about is like the most common ones I see the most. Obviously i'm not a jungle main and I only really play it for actual fun because Jungle and Vi is just amazing, love it. But, yeah, pretty much everything you said is like correct, I just don't tend to focus that much about it as I often play Mid more than Jungle for example. One of the key things I focus on during my jungle games is to farm up, gank, get consistent gold/experience as well as farm, while also trying to take out objectives like Rift or Drake etc. (because Vi can just solo Drake and Rift so easily both level 5 and level 6, it's amazing. Simply just stuff like that, trying to get my laners ahead the best I can without becoming to greedy or selfish about trying to solo carry the game.

VexRoth wrote:

I think that is one of the things. A lot of laners know to shove and roam. But beyond that they don't know the cost/benefits. And I KNOW a lot of them don't understand appropriate lane assignments around roams.

I see so many Mid laners be the first to lose their tower by roaming excessively. Drives me bonkers as Mid is so important to keep standing for as long as possible. to be fair a lot of laners & junglers coming back to lane don't know that they should go to the lane that the roamer came from to pick up the wave until they roamer can get back. And of course I've gotten dead a couple of times trying to hold lanes while a roamer is away seeing as how the enemy Mid laner is a level above me due to faster access to minions. (hardest with melee junglers with low wave clear).

And I kind of have a love hate relationship with tower plating. They are oh so juicy for that lovely lucre. But I've certainly overstayed to get them and my laners have too.

I like the point about not roaming to a lane if that lane is already doing well. Though I think there is a balancing act there. As sometimes you need to play through that lane to win the game.

One of my favorite things is linking up with a Mid laner that can help me aggressively put down the enemy jungler. LeBlanc's tend to be good at this in my experience. Talon and Zed too, but I usually see them trying to solo carry. When I get a good LB and we can team up to take the enemy Mid and jungler out of the game. Ahhhhhh.

As for this, of course roaming is just more complicated then what some people may say. Of course the general idea is to always shove the lane to tower and roam, but obviously like you said, it has a lot of benefits as well as risks in doing so. And I think that's rightfully said to be honest. Of course if your laner just decided to back, then shoving the lane to the tower directly and roaming is really good for you as you can help your laners out and try to turn other lanes around into a winning state. However, of course there is risks to these, like for example if you overstay on a roam, you might lose gold or experience because the waves bounced back and is now towards your turret etc. etc. Or if for example you're trying to shove the lane and your laner comes back, then that'll be really bad for you because then they can catch the wave and get all of the experience, maybe not the gold though. Which is just further worse as they can just freeze the lane and make it a tragedy for you to be able to CS. I think personally this is just one of the most important things to consider in my opinion.

Sometimes it would just be horrific to try and follow a roam from your enemy if you don't have any vision as they can just fake it, kill you and get a big lead in the lane without actually doing much. I guess it just comes to the actual champion that you decide to play, for examples a Talon or a Aurelion Sol has a much easier way to roam to other lanes then for example a Ryze would, and this generally means that the Ryze should just look to stay in lane and push out + ping his team as following roams will generally be bad for him than it would for the Talon etc.

I love Tower platings but yeah sometimes people gets kinda a bit greedy for that extra gold. x) Generally, I'll just auto the turret with my minions and then back off as the plating is about to go, because the range is pretty far and so you can let your minions finish off the plating and it'll still give you your gold from pretty far away as you're recalling. Which is another thing that is really good because you're able to save your life, just in case the enemy Jungler or Laner is about to get to your lane.

I think if the lane is already winning you can roam to it to secure the win condition for your team in that lane, I agree on that. But that rarely happens that often as sometimes it's just better to stay in your lane as otherwise you're wasting gold/xp just to get to another lane to secure one single kill that you otherwise would have just gotten from farming. 13 CS is pretty much the same as one kill, so at most times it's just better to shove the lane, and get platings from your turret. This situation technically becomes even better as you yourself can get gold/xp from platings and minions while your bot is also able to get solo gold/xp as well as platings in their lane, which benefits both parties in my opinion. :P
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2019 7:42pm | Report

Bot lane got **** stomped leaving Pyke free to roam. Zed was mostly standing under his turret with no damage done to Yasuo. He gets dove by the Elise once and its better jungler wins. Kinda need lanes to help create opportunities. Worked best with the Shyvana but she didn't want me to gank for her and she kind a had a point since Vladimir would just pool everything or use Phase Rush to get out of my ultimate.

I'll probably leave Nunu & Willump out of my rotation. Maybe its me not using him right, but I end up feeling way too team reliant to be effective on him, despite having like a 57% win rate on him before this match.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide