Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2016 7:47pm | Report

Match History

We were behind on this one but we ended up team fighting better than them. I was able to split their team though I should have kited backwards faster a couple of times as I took hella damage and sometimes died while keeping them split up. Then I would usually have to double back and try to take a chunk out of Darius to keep him from killing all my carries.

Went Sterak's Gage as my last item to keep from getting blown up.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2016 8:26pm | Report
You build Randuin's second?

I personally understand why hydra is good on shyv but prefer 1000x to get Botrk second and then go full tank (Dead Man's/Visage - Visage/Dead Man's or Randuin - etc). Shyvana scales massively with attack speed and you should be outleveling anyone, plus botrk completely ruins an adc's attempt to escape. It might be trickier to play with botrk second solely because it keeps you from being tanky earlier, but if you play well around it and eliminate isolated targets it should make your transitioning monstruous.

This isn't a "it's better than." It's personal style, as a jungler I often like to get easy picks early to mid game and snowball myself.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2016 8:58pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
You build Randuin's second?

I personally understand why hydra is good on shyv but prefer 1000x to get Botrk second and then go full tank (Dead Man's/Visage - Visage/Dead Man's or Randuin - etc). Shyvana scales massively with attack speed and you should be outleveling anyone, plus botrk completely ruins an adc's attempt to escape. It might be trickier to play with botrk second solely because it keeps you from being tanky earlier, but if you play well around it and eliminate isolated targets it should make your transitioning monstruous.

This isn't a "it's better than." It's personal style, as a jungler I often like to get easy picks early to mid game and snowball myself.

8 out of 10 times I get Tiamat second. Then I decide from there what I am going to need based on how my lanes are doing.

I used to go Blade of the Ruined King second, but I just found that I was too squishy early game. Tiamat into Titanic Hydra + Strength of the Ages seems to alleviate my squishiness problem for the most part. But I generally only finish Titanic Hydra if I'm snow balling (like up 3 kills).

It does mean that I miss out on some kills for sure. But I focus on farming and only go for ganks when I think they are guaranteed to succeed or my laners look like they could really use some pressure even if it might not net us a kill.

I find that between Sated devourer + TH + Burnout, the extra attack speed isn't mandatory. I do notice the lack of attack speed if I am forced into something like Mortal Reminder or Mercurial Scimitar, but I will get them if I think the circumstances warrant.

If I am super ahead, then Sated Devourer + Titanic Hydra + Wit's End + Blade of the Ruined King is just disgusting. In that case I tend to build Dead Man's Plate + appropriate boots to round out my build.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2016 9:02pm | Report
If it makes it past the 40 minute mark in the game I find myself getting blown up by crit based ADCs, hence trending toward Randuin's Omen if vs say Jinx or Jhin. It is a balancing act. Need to stay alive long enough to kill or keep the carries out of the fight.

In case you were wondering about Mortal Reminder. I find that I can fit that into my build much earlier than an ADC can/do (a lot of them at Silver don't get it as their third item because they don't think that far ahead), so if I am trying to kill Nasus or some other super healer that builds a lot of armor then I will go that route if I have a mid that isn't going to buy Morellonomicon.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2016 12:35am | Report

Match History

Well my foray into other Mid champions didn’t go as well as I would have hoped. I felt I had to be really careful of Veigar with Elise also running around so I couldn’t push him into his turret like I wanted to do. Veigar also seemed to know the exact range of my Q as he would hot foot it the other direction just before I got into range every time.

My duo partner was doing well against Garen but he was tunneling somewhat so he handed Elise a couple of kills. She was really the only strong one on their team, but my team was really disorganized when it came to team fights and Event Horizon was screwing us up ever time we tried to do anything.

I like Kayle but until I can attack move better with her and more reliably use ALT+W or ALT+R I am going to put her aside. I wish you could rebind Self Cast to something other than ALT. It makes it hard for me to hit A which I use for Attack Move Click.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2016 12:45am | Report

Match History

That Katarina. XD

It was a little late when we started this one. My duo partner accidentally put on AP runes and masteries and I forgot to buy my items before running out of the base and didn’t realize it until I started my second camp. Fortunately Poppy is still pretty useful even if she is having a bad game. Katarina killed Yasuo once early and then roamed quite a bit picking up a few kills here and there. I helped out Poppy with Trundle and clean up Yasuo after a fight that Kat lost. Later in the game I got to land on a bunch of them while they were in retreat and picked myself up a Triple Kill. We chewed up a bunch of their base after that. Then we all backed and they went for Baron. We ran over there and I tried to get in and steal Baron, but failed. We cleaned up as they were trying to get out of the Baron pit and finished up the game from there.

My duo partner hit Silver for I believe the first time ever off that victory, so that was something to celebrate. :)
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2016 10:13pm | Report

Match History

Slow start. There weren’t a lot of good places to gank except Bot lane and they were shoved in and the other team had it warded up so it made it difficult to make anything happen there. Veigar was struggling with Heimerdinger early, so I came by once in a while and killed off the turrets I could reach without taking too much damage. Graves was doing well Top and Kog'Maw was just really starting to come on line by the time we closed the game out.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2016 10:20pm | Report

Match History

This game was also slow in the beginning. Brand and I would occasionally take a whack at each other, but it didn’t end up amounting to much. I think we had a three man pre-made because they spent a lot of time messing with Kha'Zix in his jungle even starting at this wolves and waving me off when I came over to back up their invade. My duo partner was doing well on Graves in Top lane and we had the river warded up nicely so ever time they tried to make a roam play it got spotted. I roamed over to Bot and sniped both Kog'Maw and Nami while they were turret hugging on low health. That really broke the game open as it netted us a tower and Dragon afterwards.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2016 12:41pm | Report
Okay this is my current champion pool. Why? Because I have a 67% win rate with both of them and they are never banned.

Role Champion
Jungle
Mid

I might drag out some if their team is a bunch of squishies and they don't have too many shields because well, I like deleting squishies with him.

If I have to mid verses an assassin, I might take Exhaust and just try to weather the match-up or maybe go Cho'Gath and just nom them if they get frisky. We'll see about that as I get more reps on Vel.

Will revisit if my win rate does a nose dive post-devourer or post-mage update.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2016 10:05pm | Report

Match History

Okay dammit, I fibbed. Felt like we needed a true tank and I just haven’t been feeling Volibear of late. Not sure about their choice of Bot lanes but my one death was from when a roaming Janna chased me down after we killed Yasuo and almost killed Zac in the process so all my abilities were on cool down and I was out of energy. Sad panda.

Fizz and Yasuo spent most of lane trying to kill each other. I made sure Fizz came out on Top a couple of times. Zac fared worse when he tried to influence that matchup as Fizz was able to pop his passive at least once and chunk him for a good bit ever time he showed up. My duo partner was doing pretty well against Olaf as Graves though Zac did do some work there. Once Graves took Top tower he started living in Zac's Top side jungle. I bailed him out a couple of times with Stand United and it generally go us ahead.

Once we started winning both big and small skirmishes their team decided to call it quits and surrendered.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide