Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Question on Rabadon's Deathcap and Archangel's...

Creator: JToTheL March 8, 2011 2:18pm
1 2
JToTheL
<Member>
JToTheL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:18pm | Report
Okay

So... it is kind of confusing... what is UNIQUE Passive: Increased ability power by 30% mean?

Is this mean that if you buy Deathcap it will increase my ability power from the base status or base + item status?
(exampe: 100(base)+155+76.5(30% from base+item) = 331.5? or 100(base)+155(item)+30(30% from base) = 285?)

And if I buy 2 or more Deathcap how does this percentage works?

I just want to know what would be more beneficial to get between Deathcap and Archangel's Staff (I am not thinking about mana regent and max amount of mana)

Would be nice to get 1 deathcap and all Staff or 1 staff and all deathcap?

Thank you for reading
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:23pm | Report
The effect itself means that it takes whatever ability power you're at currently and increases it by 30%. In other words, take whatever ability power you would have and multiply it by 1.3.

You don't have base ability power - it starts at 0, unless you run runes or masteries.

So if you buy a Deathcap, it puts you to 155 AP. That times the passive brings you up to 201.5.

If you already have 400 AP from items and you buy a Deathcap, you're at 555 AP. That in addition to the passive brings you up to 721.5 AP (555*1.3)

If you buy 2 Deathcaps, you only get the 30% benefit from one because it says "UNIQUE Passive". UNIQUE effects only trigger once. However, you will still get 155 AP from both Caps because the AP effect is not unique.

An Archangel's Staff will not give more AP than a Rabadon's Deathcap will unless you have over 3,667 mana. So if you wanted to go for pure, massive AP stacking, get one Deathcap and stack AA staffs. However, if you just wanted items in term of pure single AP, Deathcap beats out AA Staff.

Still, AP is useless without magic penetration and survivability to back it up. A pretty solid mage build is AA Staff, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Void Staff, Banshee's Veil, and Mercury's Treads.
JToTheL
<Member>
JToTheL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2011 2:51pm | Report

The effect itself means that it takes whatever ability power you're at currently and increases it by 30%. In other words, take whatever ability power you would have and multiply it by 1.3.

You don't have base ability power - it starts at 0, unless you run runes or masteries.

So if you buy a Deathcap, it puts you to 155 AP. That times the passive brings you up to 201.5.

If you already have 400 AP from items and you buy a Deathcap, you're at 555 AP. That in addition to the passive brings you up to 721.5 AP (555*1.3)

If you buy 2 Deathcaps, you only get the 30% benefit from one because it says "UNIQUE Passive". UNIQUE effects only trigger once. However, you will still get 155 AP from both Caps because the AP effect is not unique.

An Archangel's Staff will not give more AP than a Rabadon's Deathcap will unless you have over 3,667 mana. So if you wanted to go for pure, massive AP stacking, get one Deathcap and stack AA staffs. However, if you just wanted items in term of pure single AP, Deathcap beats out AA Staff.

Still, AP is useless without magic penetration and survivability to back it up. A pretty solid mage build is AA Staff, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Void Staff, Banshee's Veil, and Mercury's Treads.

VERY NICE!! Thank you for the info!!
Cynk
<Member>
Cynk's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 1:37am | Report
perfect just what i was lookin for thanks :)
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 1:45am | Report
Quick note, Rabadon's Deathcap is +140 AP now

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Shinjuka
<Member>
Shinjuka's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 6:39pm | Report
Additionally I believe the +30% stacks, so if you had 200AP with a Rabadon's, you would first jump to 260AP then 278AP then 283.4AP, then 285.02 and effectively stop there (the 30% keeps on going but the number eventually goes to 0!)

If the math was confusing, basically the 30% stacks on itself, so the 60 you gain from the 30% will have its own 30% applied to it also.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 6:46pm | Report
Shinjuka wrote:

Additionally I believe the +30% stacks, so if you had 200AP with a Rabadon's, you would first jump to 260AP then 278AP then 283.4AP, then 285.02 and effectively stop there (the 30% keeps on going but the number eventually goes to 0!)

If the math was confusing, basically the 30% stacks on itself, so the 60 you gain from the 30% will have its own 30% applied to it also.

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that. The 30% increase is calculated once after all of your sources of AP are added together.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2012 6:58pm | Report
what psiguard said.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 11:03am | Report
Sorry Shin, not the case.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 8, 2012 11:23am | Report
Shinjuka wrote:

The thing you describe is when you got the Archmage mastery. The Ap given by Deathcap will be taken account for the Archmage bonus you get. The bouns will effect the Deathcap passiv again and so on to the point where 5% of the given Ap by Rabadons are to less to make 1 Ap out of it.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide